Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 06-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Pot Stirrer

Obama Apologizes to Muslim women- apology accepted

Obama apologizes to Muslim women; apology accepted

Sen. Barack Obama today called the two Muslim women who were barred from sitting behind him at his Detroit rally to apologize, one of the women and two other sources said.

"Sen. Obama called himself and he apologized to each of us," one of the women, lawyer Hebba Aref, told me just now.

Aref, who had suggested that an appropriate fix might be seating her behind Obama at some future event, said she'd also discussed that possibility with his staff.

Aref and Shimaa Abdelfadeel had been barred from sitting behind Obama on Monday by volunteers concerned that they would appear on camera with him while wearing headscarves.

UPDATE: Aref and Abdelfadeel email over a statement:

At the rally for Senator Obama in Detroit on Monday, June 16, two volunteers denied us seating behind the stage the Senator would soon take. The volunteers informed us that we were not allowed to sit in that area due to the hijab, the headscarf that each of us was wearing.

This incident was unfortunate and extremely disappointing. Senator Obama has called us each to personally convey his deepest apologies and acknowledge that this was inexcusable. We both immensely appreciate the Senator's phone call and his commitment to remedy this issue. We commend him for displaying qualities befitting an effective President. We acknowledge that this injustice has been taken seriously and that Senator Obama does not tolerate discrimination against Arabs, Muslims or any community. We are assured that he and his staff are committed to upholding the principles of justice for all peoples and bringing about change we can believe in. The infringement on our rights occurred and has been addressed; now we are ready to move forward. We will continue to support Senator Obama in his campaign and wish him the best as the race continues.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Pot Stirrer

Re: Obama Apologizes to Muslim women- apology acce

well, folks, this is YOUR new president !!!(most likely)
Old 06-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Well what? He shouldn't have apologized, or they shouldn't have been asked to move?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 06-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Well what? He shouldn't have apologized, or they shouldn't have been asked to move?

WHY was he embarrassed to have them in the picture???

Didn't he say he wanted to a president for all the people???

these musilims have to be trilled to see one of their own
coming into power.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Forever Loved Admin

The volunteers told them that, not Obama.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 06-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
The volunteers told them that, not Obama.

ummmmmm...........eeewkay
Old 06-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

AND, who tells the volunteers what to do? You can bet their orders come from Obama's campaign team.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
AND, who tells the volunteers what to do? You can bet their orders come from Obama's campaign team.
It certainly wouldn't have boded well for two Muslim women to sit behind B. Hussein O'bama - for sure!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It certainly wouldn't have boded well for two Muslim women to sit behind B. Hussein O'bama - for sure!
Yeah, but they are gonna turn around and publicize his apologies?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

Don't let him fool you- he is a liar and a hypocrite...