Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Renewed

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI, Garner Next???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
And a compromiser with a hairy charismatic cherry on top
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 01-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
The latest Forward lists 63 newly licensed ministers.

Unfortunately, it also lists 16 ministers as deceased, and 79 ministers who have written to drop their license.

THIS LIST DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY MINISTERS WHO HAVE LET THEIR DUES LAPSE.

63 added.
95 dropped.

And this does not include those who leave quietly, by not paying their dues. Many men leave this way because they do not want their name published in the "No Longer Affiliated" section.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 01-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
Hypocrisy.
Politics.
False doctrine.
Legalism.
Hatefulness.
Religious Pride.
I don't like these either.
I think you can find these in any religious organization.
And if we are truthful, we can find these, sometimes, when we look in the mirror.
Truth be told, I've found these more in GIB's than in the organizations.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
Praise GOD for this word, brother.
Deacon Blues' steel sharpens my steel, for sure!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
From a Biblical standpoint, is this correct? I'm not at home to do any research, but it seems like all of the religious groups were at fault. I know we like to target the Pharisees, but seems like the other groups were just as much as fault as well.
Well, I feel like the point he was making was that the Pharisees juxtaposed to Jesus created a contrast. The Pharisees were supposed to represent the way to God as leaders of Judaism. Jesus became the way to God.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lemon View Post
Well...I was actually alluding to MJ on one of my posts this morning. That being two prominent pastors in the state next to me (Deleware) had pulled out. I'm not into name dropping...but since the cat is out of the bag...Anthony Trout was on that list as well and his church is huge in Dover, and his dad is huge in the Delaware district.

I both know and have heard MJ preach, he is amazing and not only zealous for God but has a tremendous passion for people. I have not heard him for awhile now, but I would imagine him being the same way.

From what I see, they are loosing younger preachers like a cut jugular. The sad part is I don't believe it has to be this way.
There will always be a UPC I think. There will be enough young men and women to fuel the future. Perhaps they will stagnate in growth, perhaps its already here. I really don't know the raw numbers. A General Board member told me several years ago the preachers under the age of 30 numbered less than 600. The peak for the UPC was probably the 70s and 80s.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI, Garner Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Maybe they (those dropping out of the UPC) will form a loose alliance, then Keith will have a place to belong.
We do have a place to belong. It's called the church. Any of the rest is extra at best, hinderance at worst. Very sad.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Yep! He made a fool out of me one day.....moving around dots on a card! I suddenly thought I had it figured out and he acted like I had and then made a fool out of me in front of everyone! So come to think about it.... he was a smartaleck even then! lol

BT
He was here in the big city preaching Times of Refreshing...I called it times of depressing or oppressing...but I digress...and folks made excuses that he had a late flight yada yada yada, but there he was using all those funny little enduring phrases like "idiots who let faggots in the White House..." amen.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:58 AM

Hey...the youngsters love all the emotional belonging stuff, change happens when they mature and begin to realize that real life isn't a pew jumping exhausting parade... When the UPC sucks the idealism out of folks, they are more than willing to bolt.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

When an organization's main purpose becomes growing the organization, it will eventually see it's end.

We need a leadership points to the Savior, not a HQ.