Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Banned

Re: List the Cultic doctrinal errors of Branhamism

This link takes me to a "live stream," but nothing loads after 3 minutes? Ty
Old 03-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
...The Message followers believe that the original sin resulted from Eve having sexual intercourse with an upright 'Serpent' which was not a snake but the human-like animal between apes and man...
Hmm, pretty good description of most people, imo...me included.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Stranger in a Strange Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Why not just say "list the errors of Branhamism?" Why include the pejorative "cultic"?
Prax,

It is only a semantic difference to me. IMO, One can be wrong (in error) but not cultic. I'm not going to split hairs with you over our different definitions.
It's really a simple question. What makes Branhamism cultic?

I've used internet sources, some youtube, wikipedia, etc, but I want to hear from the forum.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Stranger in a Strange Land

"Serpent Seed" is as sturaaange as the LDS's doctrine of Lucifer and Jesus being related, imo...
The serpent (in whatever form) certainly deceived Eve, but to interpret the greek word as sexual intercourse sounds like a Hollywood "B" movie plot. This is what happens when the Biblical (read OT+NT=Bibilical) hermeneutic isn't used. Branhamites can't balance this teaching with what the rest of the text explains.
Are Branhamites trying to become mainstream by burying this teaching (much like the LDS has placed the Jesus/Lucifer relationship under the radar)?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

Serpent seeders use several scriptures but usually start with the following to support their teaching....

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed it shall bruise thy. head and thou shalt bruise his heel.

"The word enmity is from the Hebrew word #342 'eybah (ay-baw'); from 340; hostility: a primitive root; to hate (as one of an opposite tribe or party); hence to be hostile. The phrase between thee and the woman = Not enmity between a garden snake and a woman, that doesn't even make sense! But enmity between the offspring of the serpent (Satan) and the offspring of the woman (Eve, through Adam, and thus of God). Between thy seed and her seed = seed: Hebrew word #2233 zera`- seed, sowing, offspring, a sowing, seed, semen virile, offspring, descendants, posterity, children. From #2232:to become pregnant, to be made pregnant."
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Banned

I'm pretty ambivalent here, but this seems the best explanation. What then is "thy (satan's) seed..." gonna be? This seems to support "serpent seed," not refute it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
"Serpent Seed" is as sturaaange as the LDS's doctrine of Lucifer and Jesus being related, imo...
The serpent (in whatever form) certainly deceived Eve, but to interpret the greek word as sexual intercourse sounds like a Hollywood "B" movie plot. This is what happens when the Biblical (read OT+NT=Bibilical) hermeneutic isn't used. Branhamites can't balance this teaching with what the rest of the text explains.
Are Branhamites trying to become mainstream by burying this teaching (much like the LDS has placed the Jesus/Lucifer relationship under the radar)?
Which would be what, the bolded part? How does the surrounding text negate serpent seed, to you? And do me a favor, could you skip the link, and just put it in a paragraph? Ps I have been asking this Q for years now, hmm...
Old 03-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
Sabby,

Did you see my post about Branham's position on the Godhead in contrast to what Norcal had posted?
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Serpent seed:

Gen 3
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

1. Enmity between the serpent and the woman
2. Enmity between the seed of the serpent and the seed of the woman
3. The seed of the woman will bruise the head of the serpent
4. The serpent will bruise the heel of the woman's seed

Serpent = Devil (Rev 12:9)
Woman = Eve
Seed of the woman = Jesus
Seed of the serpent = ???

Some scriptures that seem to allude to the doctrine of the serpent seed

2 Cor 11
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Paul compared the serpent beguiling Eve to the Corinthian church not being a chaste virgin. Was this a reference to Eve not having one husband? not being a chaste virgin?

1 John 3
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Why is Cain referred to as being of the evil one?
The bible declares ALL as sinners. So why is Cain exclusively referenced as being of the evil one?
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

I mean, what is the argument against this? This is the only thing that makes sense, and I find the "that just can't be what it is, that's too freaky" argument to be pretty weak based on my own, I think pretty normal, sexual experience. That link still doesn't work? And I note whenever I ask for a paragraph of refute, the thread clears?

I think the language of the opening of Gen 4 somewhat clouds the issue, and remember a fairly lucid explanation of this, although I have forgotten it...but if this serpent seed has a flaw, it might be there. But it's just not happening, imo...satan was a diff creature before he was (figuratively, I'm sure) "transformed" (= prevented from future manifestations that could mate with humans?) but clearly "thy seed" can hardly be anything else. I think any spiritual equivalent of the same idea ends up with all the same conclusions, anyway. We have Kenites. Ergo, they exist, lol.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 03-02-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvvxC4F96ks