Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop1 View Post
Ya Want More Branham ?

Nope.

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 PM
SSBG

Regarding remarriage (or polygamy if you prefer) the only grounds I can find in all that William Branham said, was undisclosed premarital sex on the part of the woman.
He based this on Matthew 5:32
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
It is interesting that Brother Branham refused to marry his eldest son the second time.

He said there are other grounds on which a man may put away his wife, but still he cannot remarry.
Your vow is until death you separate, and there's nothing else in the world will permit you to marry in the Bible until your companion is dead. (Q&A 1962)
I can find nothing in his later sermons which contradicts this statement ... except for the grounds of fornication. (He defined "fornication" as undisclosed premarital sex on the part of the woman).

Some who believe the Message may disagree, but that is the common understanding of everyone I know.

In the M&D sermon, Brother Branham said God forgave those who had remarried, but they must not do it again. This did not seem all that unusual to me because I have always believed that God forgives us for what we do before coming to a true knowledge of His word, providing we repent. I don't know any church that expects a couple who have remarried in the world, to separate when they become Christians, especially when they have children.

Well, that's what I think anyway .....
Old 08-18-2007, 12:55 AM
SSBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Branhamites believe that William Branham was the seventh church age messenger, and if you aren't in the message your aren't in the bride.
The latter part may be what some "Branhamites" say, but what William Branham said was that the only qualification to be in the Bride was to receive the Holy Spirit.

The first part of your comment raises several questions:

1. Are there seven church ages?

2. Is there a messenger to each age?

3. Does Malachi 4:5-6 and Mat 17:11-12 prophecy an "Elijah" to come before the rapture?

Do you think the answer to any of those questions is "yes"?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenod View Post
The latter part may be what some "Branhamites" say, but what William Branham said was that the only qualification to be in the Bride was to receive the Holy Spirit.

3. Does Malachi 4:5-6 and Mat 17:11-12 prophecy an "Elijah" to come before the rapture?

1. There ARE a lot more than SEVEN churches. There are over 40 Apostolic Churches in Houston alone.

Jesus addressed SEVEN.

2. No mention of seven church AGES in the Holy Writ.

3. Yes. The meaning of the word "Elijah" is "Jehovah is my God." All who embrace that truth have the spirit and power of Elijah. All who go in the rapture must have that same spirit. As John the Baptist pointed to Jesus, so does the spirit of Elijah today.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Regarding remarriage (or polygamy if you prefer) the only grounds I can find in all that William Branham said, was undisclosed premarital sex on the part of the woman.
He based this on Matthew 5:32
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
It is interesting that Brother Branham refused to marry his eldest son the second time.

He said there are other grounds on which a man may put away his wife, but still he cannot remarry.
Your vow is until death you separate, and there's nothing else in the world will permit you to marry in the Bible until your companion is dead. (Q&A 1962)
I can find nothing in his later sermons which contradicts this statement ... except for the grounds of fornication. (He defined "fornication" as undisclosed premarital sex on the part of the woman).

Some who believe the Message may disagree, but that is the common understanding of everyone I know.

In the M&D sermon, Brother Branham said God forgave those who had remarried, but they must not do it again. This did not seem all that unusual to me because I have always believed that God forgives us for what we do before coming to a true knowledge of His word, providing we repent. I don't know any church that expects a couple who have remarried in the world, to separate when they become Christians, especially when they have children.

Well, that's what I think anyway .....
Branham taught "a woman cutting her hair was fornication, not willing to have a child and a list of other things."
He would not remarry Billiy Paul but ordained....Horner-Martin both who had been remarried. Branham was like a Georgia lizard he changed colors with everything he landed on. When he was preaching Trinity meetings he told folks who responded to the invitation there are good men here to baptize you but the weekend before at Jeff he was calling the false prophets. Sorry that is NOT Elijah more like Balaam.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Branham taught the evidence of the Holy Ghost was to recognize the messenger and the message for your day. Thus accept ME!!!! And you know it.
1. Nothing in Revelations 1-3 say anything about 7 church ages. It is an ASSUMPTION. May or may not be. Nothing to build a entire following on.
2. Luther a Trinitarian drunkard a messenger???????? Luther had a man killed because he denied the Trinity. Wesley taught the Trinity. Branham couldn't make up his mind what he was it depended on where he was.
3. No the Bible does NOT teach Elijah is appearing before the 2nd coming. You are 1900 years too late. "BUT I say unto you Elias IS COME ALREADY and they knew it not." Mt.17:12 It was one thing for them NOT to know Elijah had already come but what was Branham's excuse he had the written record. Branham got this from Alexander Dowie who taught he(Dowie) was Elijah. He borrowed every false doctrine he taught from another false prophet.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Branham taught the evidence of the Holy Ghost was to recognize the messenger and the message for your day. Thus accept ME!!!! And you know it.
1. Nothing in Revelations 1-3 say anything about 7 church ages. It is an ASSUMPTION. May or may not be. Nothing to build a entire following on.
2. Luther a Trinitarian drunkard a messenger???????? Luther had a man killed because he denied the Trinity. Wesley taught the Trinity. Branham couldn't make up his mind what he was it depended on where he was.
3. No the Bible does NOT teach Elijah is appearing before the 2nd coming. You are 1900 years too late. "BUT I say unto you Elias IS COME ALREADY and they knew it not." Mt.17:12 It was one thing for them NOT to know Elijah had already come but what was Branham's excuse he had the written record. Branham got this from Alexander Dowie who taught he(Dowie) was Elijah. He borrowed every false doctrine he taught from another false prophet.

Where do you get the idea that Luther was an alcoholic? He enjoyed beer but was against excess. He wrote "It is possible to tolerate a little elevation, when a man takes a drink or two too much after working hard and when he is feeling low. This must be called a frolic. But to sit day and night, pouring it in and pouring it out again, is piggish... all food is a matter of freedom, even a modest drink for one's pleasure. If you do not wish to conduct yourself this way, if you are going to go beyond this and be a born pig and guzzle beer and wine, then, if this cannot be stopped by the rulers, you must know that you cannot be saved. For God will not admit such piggish drinkers into the kingdom of heaven [cf. Gal. 5:19-21]... If you are tired and downhearted, take a drink; but this does not mean being a pig and doing nothing but gorging and swilling... You should be moderate and sober; this means that we should not be drunken, though we may be exhilarated."

- Groucho Marx
Old 08-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

The FACTS:
1. The Halo picture(find a halo in scripture) the examiner did NOT say the light was supernatural. Branham stated that over and over again but read the examination it that nothing of the kind. The examiner did NOT believe it was supernatural. Ever hear of Neal Frisby and all his halos?????????
2. The so-called supernatural cloud he claimed appeared in the science magazine. THE DATES ARE NOT THE SAME AS CLAIMED BY BRANHAM!!! A clear hoax. Those guys with him(like Joe Smith's cronies) never saw a thing.
3. I challenge you to find the newspaper report that validates his claim on the river in 1933! His so-called prediction of the men who fell had already happened.
4. Branham by divine inspiration predicted the Millenium in 1977 and America would be destroyed. IN the late 60's and 70's they were preaching that every service. In case you haven't noticed it is 2007 30 years too late.
5. Martin Luther King would lead to the death of 1,000's???????????????????? Excuse me?????? Could you please cite some sources where this happened?
Then I can cite person after person his unfailable gift FAILED and the person did NOT recieve what he claimed they would recieve.
6. Branham appointed jobs for different men that would aid in his "tent vision ministry" the majority are now dead along with Branham will he and they resurrect and have this tent meeting? Why would he need an airplane with a new body? The guy got the plane and was eventually killed in it.
I know this sounds harsh but these are the FACTS!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
Where do you get the idea that Luther was an alcoholic? He enjoyed beer but was against excess. He wrote "It is possible to tolerate a little elevation, when a man takes a drink or two too much after working hard and when he is feeling low. This must be called a frolic. But to sit day and night, pouring it in and pouring it out again, is piggish... all food is a matter of freedom, even a modest drink for one's pleasure. If you do not wish to conduct yourself this way, if you are going to go beyond this and be a born pig and guzzle beer and wine, then, if this cannot be stopped by the rulers, you must know that you cannot be saved. For God will not admit such piggish drinkers into the kingdom of heaven [cf. Gal. 5:19-21]... If you are tired and downhearted, take a drink; but this does not mean being a pig and doing nothing but gorging and swilling... You should be moderate and sober; this means that we should not be drunken, though we may be exhilarated."
Dave Branham claimed the Lord spoke to him to NEVER drink or smoke and God would use him. I am defining this by Branham's interpetation, however in Germany where he is considered the Father of Modern Germany they study this in schools. A Branham pastor who is a German and pastors in Germany told me this was a fact he learned in grade school. He had to explain this to his message converts in Germany.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Dave Branham claimed the Lord spoke to him to NEVER drink or smoke and God would use him. I am defining this by Branham's interpetation, however in Germany where he is considered the Father of Modern Germany they study this in schools. A Branham pastor who is a German and pastors in Germany told me this was a fact he learned in grade school. He had to explain this to his message converts in Germany.
This appears to be of the urban legend type of thing. History changes over time.

- Groucho Marx