Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenod View Post
I believe William Branham was a prophet and a messenger to the Church.

I agree with you.

My only purpose in referring to the subject of SS is to say that I cannot find anywhere that Brother Branham taught that some are descended from the serpent and some are descended from Adam. He made a point of Jacob and Esau both coming from godly parents.

He said the only way anyone can be saved is through our own free will choice, and God's will is that everyone be saved ("whosoever will") although we know that not everyone will come. Brother Branham preached that salvation is only through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and His atoning death on the cross.
Branham taught Calvinism that some were elected to be lost have you read the Church Age Book or listened to the Isreal series??????????????
He taught:
Uncondition Election: God from eternity chose some to be saved.
Limited Atonement Jesus died only for the elect
Unconditonal Eternal Security that the elect could not be lost.
He mixed this false doctrine with the false doctrine of the serpent seed(he borrowed from William Sowders) thus had the non-elect the decendants of Cain.
William Branham was a false prophet in his predictions and his doctrines.

I notice the quotes you post( I couldn't figure out how to do so evidently) you quote LONG posts are you trying to evangelize us?????????????????
I will warn you myself and Ferd will not allow you to do this unchallenged. He and I already battled 2 Branhamites that started like you. But if you choose too it will make things interesting. We welcome you to do so but don't be offended when we contest everything you say.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

kenod how long have you been associated with the Branham movement?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:57 AM
SSBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I notice the quotes you post( I couldn't figure out how to do so evidently) you quote LONG posts are you trying to evangelize us?????????????????
The only quote I have posted was a single sentence! I provided a link to the words you said you could not find in the Message database. The words are highlighted. The link of course is to the complete sermon. Sorry but I can't do anything about that!

No, Steve, I'm not at all interested in evangelizing you. Hope you're not too disappointed
Old 08-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I am pretty sure we can keep things from being deleted too.

Kenod, Brother Epley and I have had our run ins in real life (he more than I)

and we have had our run ins on message boards like this one.

after more than a thousand posts on the subject, I can say with authority that current day Branhamites believe that those decended from Cane are lost via the seed of the serpent, with no hope of salvation. and those decended from Adam are saved with no hope of being lost.

if you would like we can revisit.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenod View Post
The only quote I have posted was a single sentence! I provided a link to the words you said you could not find in the Message database. The words are highlighted. The link of course is to the complete sermon. Sorry but I can't do anything about that!

No, Steve, I'm not at all interested in evangelizing you. Hope you're not too disappointed
Well it would make for an interesting discussion. How long have you been associated with the Branham message? I know all the children, Joseph married a girl I grew up with, her parents have been friends since I was a boy.
Billy Paul would know me. I know Rebecca & George and Sarah but having seen them in years. I knew 'Doc'. Andes who is the second in command at the publishing house is an acquaintance. I personally knew Vayle, Iverson,Green, Byskal, Frank, Jackson, Robertson, Evans, the Martins, Coleman, Daisly, Andrews, Borders, and many others of yesteryear.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
... said ... an ungodly woman is not worth the bullet to shoot her with. WHEW!
Did he say that when he was speaking "in the Spirit"?
Is that an "ex cathedra" pronouncement?
Is that part of the "scripture" from his mouth that is still used by his followers?

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Did he say that when he was speaking "in the Spirit"?
Is that an "ex cathedra" pronouncement?
Is that part of the "scripture" from his mouth that is still used by his followers?
In the Marriage & Divorce message he said "a woman was a walking sexual disposal." also he said "Satan was woman's designer"
Old 08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
SSBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
In the Marriage & Divorce message he said "a woman was a walking sexual disposal." also he said "Satan was woman's designer"
You have left out one word Steve ... he said "an immoral woman".
Marriage & Divorce"

And note he said 'designer' ... not 'creator'. I think most people can see that today worldly women are 'designed' by Satan to be attractive by their make up, hair dos, high heels, and revealing clothing. Godly women don't go for that stuff.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:59 PM
SSBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I can say with authority that current day Branhamites believe that those decended from Cane are lost via the seed of the serpent, with no hope of salvation. and those decended from Adam are saved with no hope of being lost.
Some may believe that, I don't know - there are a lot of different opinions - all I can say is that most people I know who study what William Branham said do not understand it that way. But then, no one I know uses the term 'Branhamite' either.

I always prefer to look at what Wiliam Branham said himself, rather than what other people say he said. I have been studying the sermons and writings of William Branham for five years and I cannot find where he says what you stated above.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Go Dodgers!

BTW Welcome to the forum Kenod

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.