Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Re: What is Wrong With This Picture?

Wow.

I think the title of this thread is a tad misleading!!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Well, regardless of what your personal beliefs are, no one, male or female, should ever be forced to or pressured into doing something they are uncomfortable with. That is unproductive, selfish on the part of the person demanding whatever it may be, and detrimental to intimacy as a whole, which should be the basic goal of married sexuality.

In my opinion, what happens in the bedroom is the business of the husband and wife only, as long as:

* No one is being pressured to go against their own conscience
* No one is being injured
* No one is being forced to do anything against their will

Ignorance abounds in this area, unfortunately, but if a man marries a woman who has been brought up to be ashamed of certain things, or worse yet, it has been taught against from the pulpit as sin, then he cannot and should not expect her to comply with something that will make her feel bad, dirty or sinful.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ignorance abounds in this area, unfortunately, but if a man marries a woman who has been brought up to be ashamed of certain things, or worse yet, it has been taught against from the pulpit as sin, then he cannot and should not expect her to comply with something that will make her feel bad, dirty or sinful.
I believe this is the case with the pastor who taught our marriage class. Granted he is a guy but the same thing applies. He is ashamed of certain things to the point where he couldn't say anything positive about it other then "have kids".
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Okay, I will concede.........the posts were only one minute apart though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Not that Randy.
Thank You!!

It was NOT this Randy....
Old 02-06-2008, 07:24 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Well, regardless of what your personal beliefs are, no one, male or female, should ever be forced to or pressured into doing something they are uncomfortable with. That is unproductive, selfish on the part of the person demanding whatever it may be, and detrimental to intimacy as a whole, which should be the basic goal of married sexuality.

In my opinion, what happens in the bedroom is the business of the husband and wife only, as long as:

Beautifully said, sis...

I was surprised to learn from the sister that the visiting "counselor" sided with the husband on the issue.

I sure am glad that I am not a counselor. I think that I will just copy your note above and carry it around with me just in case I am ever approached again. I'll just whip out your words and put it on them...or maybe just give them a copy.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Not riding the train

I agree, good post Abigail.

I was hesitating on weighing in on this subject, but after having a conversation with a friend this morning something came to mind that I think is important - especially - for our young people.

Somehow our son had this impression that sex is boring after you've been married for a long period of time or because you become older. I suppose that is basically a normal perception of youth, actually.

I explained to him the beauty of knowing that person and the coming together which is so much more special as time passes. He was rather shocked by that.

He said, "You mean when ya'll have the library door locked....."

I told him I wasn't discussing any of that, but reassured him that "Intimacy" is not reserved for the youth.

I hope this isn't over the line, but I think it is important.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:40 AM
My Family!

I think it's just generally "gross" for kids to think about their parents or older people being intimate on that level.

If they only knew.........

I remember my cousin that is six years older than me telling me when I got married that "intimacy" would be better with each year I was married.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I think it's just generally "gross" for kids to think about their parents or older people being intimate on that level.

If they only knew.........

I remember my cousin that was six years older than me telling me when I got married that "intimacy" would be better with each year I was married.
Right! I was trying to be careful, but pointed out that the desire doesn't wane. I wanted him to know that. I discussed other things that I won't share here. He was happy to have the lesson.

Another point that isn't always discussed is the times when you feel motivated by intimate love and other times just pure human desire. I don't think a couple should feel guilty about that. It's normal.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:45 AM
My Family!

LOL.....just thinking about this little thread tucked here in the middle of the Tulsa talk and how many have no idea............
Old 02-07-2008, 08:46 AM
My Family!

Quote:

Have to add my kudos on this post also!!!!