Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Bro Lee Stoneking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
You do realize that posts like this will get you some quick responses from the "touch not mine annointed" crowd who use that scripture to try and say you should never take into consideration the veracity of a preacher. Just shut up and believe it no matter how crazy, unbiblical, illogical, and proven wrong it is.
Now hold on, what about to believe not every spirit, but try the spirit whether they be of God? No offence to Brother Stoneking, but we are asked to question those who teach us. Revelation 2:2 ?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Now hold on, what about to believe not every spirit, but try the spirit whether they be of God? No offence to Brother Stoneking, but we are asked to question those who teach us. Revelation 2:2 ?
Shhhhh!!!!! They don't want to hear that.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Shhhhh!!!!! They don't want to hear that.
Of course they do.

You know, the strange thing is this, you will find more people in the pews who let things go and never question what they are being taught. Also there are those who won't ever question, but just accept what they are being told, and you couldn't convince them otherwise. Is that the leader's fault? No, not one bit. Just like when someone brings their motorcycle to the bike shop and the mechanic tells them it needs something, (which the bike really doesn't need) but instead of questioning, they blindly follow. Sometimes they don't even know the right questions to ask, or the mechanic made the incorrect diagnosis. Yet, it isn't the mechanic's fault, if you allow him to rebuild a top end, when the machine really needed a 1st gear. Don't ask questions, or allow yourself to be intimidated because you feel that your questions might not be well received? Whose fault is that?

Give some brothers the benefit of doubt, because they teach or tell people teachings they were taught, so for the most part people are pleased to follow those teachings. You may want to prove them wrong, even show them book, chapter, and verse, but because they were always taught that way they choose not to accept what you are trying to show them. Listen, there are still serpent handlers in West Virginia, Jimmy Swaggart still preaches, and Fundamentalist Mormons still obey Warren Jeffs. How many religions are in the world? Some which have doctrines that are incredibly strange to us. But not to those who choose to be in those religions. Do they question? Yes, do they get answers? Yes, answers that they are happy with, and therefore enable them to continue in the religion.

So Merry Xmas!

You couldn't find the celebration of Christ's birth in the Bible even if you had the help of a flashlight and a laser beam, but people celebrate it, and some people get pretty upset when you tell them that it's as Biblical as Joseph Smith's peep stones. But hey, what do you want, it is religion.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Administrator

I don't need the bible to tell me I should celebrate the birth of Jesus. I want to all on my own and certainly don't think God has a problem with it.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I don't need the bible to tell me I should celebrate the birth of Jesus. I want to all on my own and certainly don't think God has a problem with it.
Hence religion is here to stay.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There is also not ONE WORD in the Bible telling us how to operate the new Hopper we just received from Dish Network. What DO the green, blue, and red recording symbols mean??? And how are they different??
Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
There is also not ONE WORD in the Bible telling us how to operate the new Hopper we just received from Dish Network. What DO the green, blue, and red recording symbols mean??? And how are they different??
Amen, therefore you wouldn't incorporate it into a religion and say it was a symbol of your god.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Well, Stoneking's sermons got my aunt through the hardest part of my uncle's death the last few months.

I didn't have the heart to tell her I can't stand the guy. Glad she got something out of it.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Registered Member

I listened to about 20 minutes of his sermon tonight. It was actually 'ok'. His audience was pretty young so he wasn't getting quite the loud response that he is normally used to.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Well, Stoneking's sermons got my aunt through the hardest part of my uncle's death the last few months.

I didn't have the heart to tell her I can't stand the guy. Glad she got something out of it.
Amen, people receive the Holy Ghost in his meetings, find faith, get healed, and Brother Stoneking IMHO is sincere about what he is doing. For the most part people learn to eat the fish, and spit out the bones, so while some things might raise an eyebrow on a saint, they tend to let it go and continue to follow all the good that comes from the individual. It's not like Brother Stoneking talks about exploding babies in every sermon.