Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Some people could make a statue weep

Ever hear of the "Never Die" preacher who was preaching a series on the "Never Die Doctrine" and got sick after two nights and they had to postpone the series till the following week?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

False Doctrine always seems to come from Human misgivings after some sort of physical problem in their bodies..

anybody else notice this??

Nervous Breakdowns....
Medical Issues...
and so on..

Is it a Pattern???

Heart Attacks....Brain Issues...Depression.... whatever seems to change a person at times... or cloud their mind... and they aren't the same as before...they don't think the same or act the same... could this be some of the root cause of these doctrines??
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Yes sir I do believe that false teachings will cause people to be lost.

No sir... I would not care to name them.

I am not a fan of broad statements that paint thousands of people as lost when i do not personally know the state of their soul nor the state of their belief.

I do not deem myself as one who has that authority nor would I find it a passion of mine to do so if I did have such an authority.
As I thought. No problem .

Paul didn't feel as you he turned two guys naming them over to Satan!
He also called Elymas a child of the Devil.

But at least we know someone somewhere at sometime in history did preach and believe something false but we may never know who or what it is? But it is a start.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I dont want to speak for D4T but I am pretty sure (if memory serves) that D4T thinks praying to owls can be a bad thing.
I suspect that a thread like this will eventually give way to one key question; how much false doctrine can you hold on to and still be saved.

I think this is where the line is most always drawn when it comes to false doctrines and their deceptions. It is a 'let me keep my opinions that are contrary to scripture and tell me I'm saved' situation.

The part that frightens me about that whole mentality is that God literally said that the key ingredient of becoming reprobate is believing a lie! It is surely wisdom then to make sure our message is more protected than our opinions.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
In your opinion...Was Branham a false prophet?

Were the healings lieing wonders?
Hi Digging, Math.7:13: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19: Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity
Old 04-02-2007, 10:06 AM
just lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
There have to be doctrines that will ........ people because the Apostles warned of heresy.

The interesting thing about some of these doctrines is that the people who ascribe to them are Oneness and Spirit filled. In the case of Branhamism the women all follow a holiness dress code and people are supposedly receiving the Holy Ghost in these churches.

I don't understand it all, but I do know that some of these teachings - the ones Bro. Epley listed and others as well - are off kilter.

How about these Branhamites who live for God with all their heart, have been Spirit filled, believe the basic apostolic salvation tenets? Will they be lost?
This last part is a big question of mine. Thanks to AFF and all its predecessors, I have come to the understanding that there are not two human beings on the face of the earth that have exactly the same spiritual beliefs. There is also some area where you and another will disagree.

So if we say that if someone doesn't believe exactly the same as they are lost, then we are effectively condemning the entire human race. I understand the need to draw the line somewhere. My question has always been where?

Some will say, with Oneness of God, and ACTS 2:38 3-step plan of salvation, and yet turn around and condemn those with a different idea of end-time prophecy or standards, or numerous other things. And it never seems to stop.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
There have to be doctrines that will ........ people because the Apostles warned of heresy.

The interesting thing about some of these doctrines is that the people who ascribe to them are Oneness and Spirit filled. In the case of Branhamism the women all follow a holiness dress code and people are supposedly receiving the Holy Ghost in these churches.

I don't understand it all, but I do know that some of these teachings - the ones Bro. Epley listed and others as well - are off kilter.

How about these Branhamites who live for God with all their heart, have been Spirit filled, believe the basic apostolic salvation tenets? Will they be lost?
Honestly the center of their gospel is Branham he is the crux of their beliefs HIS words not the Bible are their absolute. Thus following that teaching is damning.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Some people could make a statue weep

Has anyone mentioned the "Trinity Doctrine" yet?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
I suspect that a thread like this will eventually give way to one key question; how much false doctrine can you hold on to and still be saved.

I think this is where the line is most always drawn when it comes to false doctrines and their deceptions. It is a 'let me keep my opinions that are contrary to scripture and tell me I'm saved' situation.

The part that frightens me about that whole mentality is that God literally said that the key ingredient of becoming reprobate is believing a lie! It is surely wisdom then to make sure our message is more protected than our opinions.
My question isn't about how much false doctrine you can hold onto and still be saved. I just really do wonder where many of these people will stand (talking about Branhamites here). I've talked to some of these people. They love God. The women are modest, long hair, they believe in the baptism of the Spirit, Jesus name baptism. Can you hold onto these basic beliefs regarding salvation doctrine and holiness and still be lost because you ascribe to a doctrine that is not biblical (like the Serpent Seed doctrine)?

I know that they play tapes of the Prophet (Branham) in every service, but we all listen to tapes of our leaders too.

Which part of the SS doctrine is damnable?

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
Hi Digging, Math.7:13: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19: Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity
I am aware of what the scripture says on the subject.

That is what the question was about... did Epley consider the miracles performed by Branham to be along these lines.