Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Yes sir I do believe that false teachings will cause people to be lost.

No sir... I would not care to name them.

I am not a fan of broad statements that paint thousands of people as lost when i do not personally know the state of their soul nor the state of their belief.

I do not deem myself as one who has that authority nor would I find it a passion of mine to do so if I did have such an authority.
Hi Digging, People who believe false teaching are weak.God has received them but how many lies can you believe and how much truth can you reject before God rejects you is the question? I don't know,it's up to him.

Rom.14:1: Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2: For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3: Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4: Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5: One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6: He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7: For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8: For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9: For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10: But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11: For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12: So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13: Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14: I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15: But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16: Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17: For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

(NOTE DESTROYED) Hosea004:006My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: (word,truth) because thou hast rejected knowledge, (Word, Truth) I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me

(NOTE THEY ARE REMOVED FROM GOD) Gal.001:006 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (perverted word) 001:007Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ
Old 04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Your view is from the OUTSIDE not the inside Branhamism is another gospel. Branham is the revelation that saved not what you have mentioned. Does the reason anyone does anything matter??????
Thye do noe believe you are in the Bride and may only be saved by going through tribulation or being good to one of them that is a fact. They reject your Acts 2:38 experience. But I want to be clear if some sinner stumbled into one of these churches and obeyed Acts 2:38 and did not believe their heresy they would be saved if they got out of there.
What if they stumbled in there... obeyed Acts 2:38... did not believe the heresy... and didn't get out of there.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
What if they stumbled in there... obeyed Acts 2:38... did not believe the heresy... and didn't get out of there.

What IF a cow had wings could he fly?

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post
Brother Epley has plenty of bullets for false doctrine.
...and they are all packed tightly into a small plastic cylinder with a phesant stamped on the side.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Other false doctrines which have invaded the Apostolic Church:
The Calvinistic doctrines of:
1. Faith only
2. Unconditonal eternal security
3. Individual predestination
The so-called sacred name heresy which demands one to read and speak Hebrew in order to be saved.
AMEN
Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Then it would be like a child born into a leper colony it would be fatal. They would embrace this heresy and would be lost. Jesus is the Way NOT Branham!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Then it would be like a child born into a leper colony it would be fatal. They would embrace this heresy and would be lost. Jesus is the Way NOT Branham!

You are so JUDGEMENTAL.

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 04-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
You are so JUDGEMENTAL.

Firstly if a man did not embrace this false doctrine why would they stay. I heard about a couple who went to the South Bend church where the Adam doctrine was birthed they obeyed the gospel but within a year they began to be bothered by the far-out teaching of this church they up and left. No doubt this has happened in many churches that have went astray on various doctrines.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Hi Digging, People who believe false teaching are weak.God has received them but how many lies can you believe and how much truth can you reject before God rejects you is the question? I don't know,it's up to him.
That's my point exactly.

I do believe that someone who holds to the full version of these doctrines (I haven't looked at all of them but I am going by good faith that Epley knows what he is talking about) is believing a false doctrine that will not save.

But who knows at what level these people believe these doctrines?

At what level do pentecostals believe what their preacher preaches?

They don't believe eveything they say... same goes with others.

I don't know.. you don't know... we don't know.

I will concede this... while I do feel it is fair to assume Epley's stance in the "All Trinitarians Are Lost" thread (which would be to say that he also believes that "All Branhamites are lost" & "All everything else he said are lost" he did, in this thread name the doctrine.

Those statements, in and of themselves, are probably true.

So... I did pull an issue from another thread and apply it over here.

On the other thread... If Epley had made the name of the thread one like "The trinitarian doctrine will not save" then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Trinitarians are people. the statement "All Trinitarians are lost" is a statement about people. Not all of those people that fall under the trinitarian blanket statement believe the same thing.

These things just really get to me and the scripture always comes to mind...

Quote:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].
Trinitarians are flesh and blood... they are not what we fight.
Branhamites are flesh and blood... they are not what we fight.

The issue is not that I believe these are saving doctrines.

The issue, to me, is that we fight principalities, powers, even doctrines... but we don't fight people.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Invisible Thad

Felicity,

The reason that the Brahamites are a Cult and false is, they believe that salvation is thru the Man Branham. Did you notice something about that website you posted ? Everything was about William Branham nothing about Jesus Christ????
when we use to have discusions at family gatherings with them , we asked them how we could be saved. They told us " JUST BELIEVE THE PROPHET". you see? ? They also said that we were okay because we were of "PURE SEED"