Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground
Facebook

Notices

The Playground Various word games, and other fun things.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Not riding the train

Re: question about other forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Well, that explains why you only log in twice a year!
LOL! Hmmmm, what was I thinking? Oh, yeah - takes one to know one!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeshua is God

[QUOTE=Amanah;1103983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

I'll look at it
Dear Amanah

I have been reading your posts, and then I suddenly realized that if everyone had to had a forum where everyone agrees and gets along, then we would eventually have billions of forums with just one person talking to himself or herself.

It is the willingness and openes to allow other viewpoints that makes for an active faith. one that is engaged in discussions and debates. that seeks clarification.

I like this forum for even though it is mainly populated by Acts 2:38 believers (Yes I am one too), we do not all agree with each other postion regarding everything.
there are discussions and debates that sometimes verge on anarchy, but this controlled chaos and mayham serves to make us stronger in what we believe.

Besides we have a good group of brethren here that know how to behave (Mostly) and show respect even when in disagreement over certain theological points.

I wish everyone here would believe the same doctrines that I believe but I am sure that is never going to happen. Yet I keep coming and posting because I believe that my viewpoint regarding certain doctrines should be considered as a valid alternative.

Of course people who oppose my doctirnes will come out and say whatever they want to say, but I take those attacks as part of the process of contending for the faith.

well I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeshua is God

I just got managed to get kicked out of another forum.

It seems the truth is not welcomed in some places.

But that is OK, Jesus was rejected because of his words and evil spoken of, so I certainly do not expect any better.

Well did Jesus proclain that we would be rejected and cast out because of his name sake.

I preach Jesus and the word of God, even if I get ejected from every Forum in the Internet, I am not going to stop standing up for God's holy word.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
I just got managed to get kicked out of another forum.

It seems the truth is not welcomed in some places.

But that is OK, Jesus was rejected because of his words and evil spoken of, so I certainly do not expect any better.

Well did Jesus proclain that we would be rejected and cast out because of his name sake.

I preach Jesus and the word of God, even if I get ejected from every Forum in the Internet, I am not going to stop standing up for God's holy word.
Don't worry, you can stay with us . . . we are not picky
Old 01-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Don't worry, you can stay with us . . . we are not picky
Thank you,

Right of the bat just to dispell any doubts for anyone here is my doctrinal stance, well most of it.

1. I believe in one single Holy God, no trinity for me.

2. I believe and preach the Acts 2:38 Message.

3. I belive in Holiness, just not in Legalism.
(I am not UPC, and I do not believe in their man made standards)

4. I Believe in following the Ten Commandments (including the Sabbath)

5. I believe in the whole Bible being the word of God.
(I stand up for the word of God without being ashamed of any of it.)

This should be enough to get me kicked out of most forums.

So If these beliefs are not acceptable here, then I should be kicked out, for I am not going to change them for anyone.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Can anyone recommend an Apostolic Forum that is based more on discussions and bible studies versus debates? I want to chat and discuss, and be friends. I enjoy this forum, but I'm not sure I really have the personality for debating people.

So, if you know of a forum that more fits the bill of a social outlet then a place to debate, please link it for me.

Thank you
You know I had that same thought... everyone seemed kind of... argumentative .... and then I decided I will just try to appreciate the differences and search out the commonalities. So far it seems to be working out OK... I am still surprised that EVERY section just about could be relabeled 'debate' and nobody would notice... I mean some of the hottest debates are in the the fellowship area... but I guess that's just how it's going to be.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
You know I had that same thought... everyone seemed kind of... argumentative .... and then I decided I will just try to appreciate the differences and search out the commonalities. So far it seems to be working out OK... I am still surprised that EVERY section just about could be relabeled 'debate' and nobody would notice... I mean some of the hottest debates are in the the fellowship area... but I guess that's just how it's going to be.
I've adjusted my expectations of this forum since I first posted that for the most part, and while some seem to just like to argue and even be rude, there are many I consider to be my friends now.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

We should be mature enough to allow everybody to have their beliefs. We are all loved by Christ.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
I've adjusted my expectations of this forum since I first posted that for the most part, and while some seem to just like to argue and even be rude, there are many I consider to be my friends now.
The reason we like to argue and contend is that we follow the advice of the Apostle Jude to earnestly contend for the faith once delivered unto the saints.

Some of us care about the word of God and when we see someone twisting the word of God, we try to make sure that wresting of the word of God does not go unchallenged.

We might not convince a person in error, although it is possible, but perhaps we are preventing others from only listening to one side of the story.

The Prophet Elijah contended with the false prophets of Baal, because he was sure of his cause.

I can keep quiet and let others teach error or I can raise my voice in opposition to error.

So which is the greater wrong,
To argue and sometimes be a little rude?
or
To be silent and let people be lost in error?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
The reason we like to argue and contend is that we follow the advice of the Apostle Jude to earnestly contend for the faith once delivered unto the saints.

Some of us care about the word of God and when we see someone twisting the word of God, we try to make sure that wresting of the word of God does not go unchallenged.

We might not convince a person in error, although it is possible, but perhaps we are preventing others from only listening to one side of the story.

The Prophet Elijah contended with the false prophets of Baal, because he was sure of his cause.

I can keep quiet and let others teach error or I can raise my voice in opposition to error.

So which is the greater wrong,
To argue and sometimes be a little rude?
or
To be silent and let people be lost in error?
Sometimes it seems to me people just enjoy arguing, and venting, and just want to be right. It doesn't feel like it's done with any compassion or caring, it's just a contest.