Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
consecrate, gifts, healings, holiness, loyalty

Old 02-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

Re: Gifts of healing

I mean separate by definition. For instance, gift of healing open sores. Or perhaps gift of healing backsliders. Or gift of healing marriages, or gift of healing perverted brains... etc.etc. etc. Or is the gifts of healing possibly one item that grows bigger with use and wisdom. That is what I believe, all the gifts grow as we exercise them.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Something further the Lord gave me on this is the quality of our prayer. We often keep growing mile long prayer lists hoping our mention of each name will save them, heal them, or deliver them. Then we do our little bit making sure we get our hour of prayer a day in and do what we deem our reasonable service. I don't think most anyone ever got their answer to prayer that way. We've got to spend some time in council with the Lord for each and every request until we feel God's perfect Love moving, and His peace about the situation, instead of rushing right on by and on to the next one. Wow, if I just spent a whole 60 seconds on every request on my list I'd be busy all Day. Daniel didn't pray so much because he was so magnificent, I think he did that because he knew God wanted to minister for each soul in the kingdom. Jesus Love is too big to quash by running along hoping to get done so we can go eat. Excuse me but the Apostle talked about folks who's god is their bellies, and I don't think there were many fat folks in those days. Let's Love the Lost like we are full of Jesus Love they so desperately need. Then the Gifts will flow as they are designed by Him to do, His hands creating the Kingdom. Shalom!
Old 02-21-2019, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostewart View Post
I mean separate by definition. For instance, gift of healing open sores. Or perhaps gift of healing backsliders. Or gift of healing marriages, or gift of healing perverted brains... etc.etc. etc. Or is the gifts of healing possibly one item that grows bigger with use and wisdom. That is what I believe, all the gifts grow as we exercise them.
Except for the fact that the word "gifts" and "healings" are plural, there isn't any specification in the passage to suggest or refute your idea.

Based on experience, I personally don't feel the gifts of healings are compartmentalized into categories. I think anyone so used is going to be used in a variety of healings, none of which can be pegged down to this or that.

Jesus is our prime example of that. He healed all manner of diseases and infirmities.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 02-22-2019, 05:58 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostewart View Post
Something further the Lord gave me on this is the quality of our prayer. We often keep growing mile long prayer lists hoping our mention of each name will save them, heal them, or deliver them. Then we do our little bit making sure we get our hour of prayer a day in and do what we deem our reasonable service. I don't think most anyone ever got their answer to prayer that way. We've got to spend some time in council with the Lord for each and every request until we feel God's perfect Love moving, and His peace about the situation, instead of rushing right on by and on to the next one. Wow, if I just spent a whole 60 seconds on every request on my list I'd be busy all Day. Daniel didn't pray so much because he was so magnificent, I think he did that because he knew God wanted to minister for each soul in the kingdom. Jesus Love is too big to quash by running along hoping to get done so we can go eat. Excuse me but the Apostle talked about folks who's god is their bellies, and I don't think there were many fat folks in those days. Let's Love the Lost like we are full of Jesus Love they so desperately need. Then the Gifts will flow as they are designed by Him to do, His hands creating the Kingdom. Shalom!

I believe that some may see higher success in praying for different things just due to different levels of faith in different people.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

My question came about because of the fact of how folks are used. For instance, we have an elder who is very anointed in helping folks receive the Holy Ghost. Also, like elder (deceased) Bro Billy Cole. I understand that's mostly the Gift of Faith, but that also seems to loose the other gifts in tandem. Because the Gifts of healing are plural, I have just been curious.