Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

What I have learned about myself and forums....

While coming here this past week to read the posts honoring Cindy, I got caught up in a thread with another poster. Then last night while once again reading the tributes to Cindy and her kindness, I began to think about myself and this forum.

To give a little history, I first registered on FCF because a friend began to tell me about posts that were being made that were somewhat derogatory regarding my pastor and home church. I have always considered myself a loyal person and I wanted to defend my pastor and church. I am sure that I came across abrasive and rude. There were some posters that held my feet to the fire but were kind and then there were others who were rude right back. I continued my tirade on NFCF when unkind and derogatory remarks were made regarding my pastor. By the time AFF came along, he wasn’t as much of an interest and it kind of faded into the background. Through the years, I have continued to “lurk” and sometimes post when something caught my interest. I especially enjoyed keeping up with the Grandparents forum during the time P.O. and Renda were expecting their first grandchildren.

At some point, God began to work on me regarding my attitude in the cyber world. Just because I’m anonymous, I have no right to have an ugly or bad spirit when I disagree with you. I wouldn’t have been so unkind and rude if we were having the same conversation face-to-face , so why did I think it was okay to do it with my keyboard and anonymity? It isn’t!!! So I tried to visualize the person behind each post. My ugliness and Pharisaical attitude was actually sin. God convicted me.

Reading the tributes about Cindy and what a friend she was to all, started me thinking about all this. She loved everyone and was kind. She left the “judging” up to God. Even her reprimands to calm things down when it became heated, were kind. What a true Christian! My interaction with this other poster reminded me of my own beginning on the forum and I didn’t like what I saw in the mirror.

So, to the point of this post. I know most of those I interacted with on FCF and NFCF are no longer posting on AFF; but for those who do remain, I would like to offer a sincere apology for my rudeness and unkindness to you in the past. We may have a mutual heritage in the UPCI and in the Oneness Pentecostal movement, but you may have chosen a different direction and path than I have. That is between you and God, and I will respect your decision as you respect my decision. Please forgive my judgmental attitude in the past. We will not face the Lord on judgment day as a group or as any organization, we will meet Him face and face. My greatest desire is that He will say: “Well done, thy good and faithful servant.”

Jesus said in Matthew that the two most important commandments are to "love God and love people". He didn’t say to love only those who agree with you – He just said “love.” We can love without being hateful, arrogant and abrasive.

I’m sorry for the lengthy post, but there was no way to shorten it.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

May God bless each of you!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Re: What

I just realized that I had gotten distracted and had not finished with the title of this thread. It was going to be...

"What I have learned about myself and forums...."
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: What

Great wisdom Sweet Pea!

Thank you!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Re: What I have learned about myself and forums...

Very humbling to read. Words straight to my heart!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
While coming here this past week to read the posts honoring Cindy, I got caught up in a thread with another poster. Then last night while once again reading the tributes to Cindy and her kindness, I began to think about myself and this forum.

To give a little history, I first registered on FCF because a friend began to tell me about posts that were being made that were somewhat derogatory regarding my pastor and home church. I have always considered myself a loyal person and I wanted to defend my pastor and church. I am sure that I came across abrasive and rude. There were some posters that held my feet to the fire but were kind and then there were others who were rude right back. I continued my tirade on NFCF when unkind and derogatory remarks were made regarding my pastor. By the time AFF came along, he wasn’t as much of an interest and it kind of faded into the background. Through the years, I have continued to “lurk” and sometimes post when something caught my interest. I especially enjoyed keeping up with the Grandparents forum during the time P.O. and Renda were expecting their first grandchildren.

At some point, God began to work on me regarding my attitude in the cyber world. Just because I’m anonymous, I have no right to have an ugly or bad spirit when I disagree with you. I wouldn’t have been so unkind and rude if we were having the same conversation face-to-face , so why did I think it was okay to do it with my keyboard and anonymity? It isn’t!!! So I tried to visualize the person behind each post. My ugliness and Pharisaical attitude was actually sin. God convicted me.

Reading the tributes about Cindy and what a friend she was to all, started me thinking about all this. She loved everyone and was kind. She left the “judging” up to God. Even her reprimands to calm things down when it became heated, were kind. What a true Christian! My interaction with this other poster reminded me of my own beginning on the forum and I didn’t like what I saw in the mirror.

So, to the point of this post. I know most of those I interacted with on FCF and NFCF are no longer posting on AFF; but for those who do remain, I would like to offer a sincere apology for my rudeness and unkindness to you in the past. We may have a mutual heritage in the UPCI and in the Oneness Pentecostal movement, but you may have chosen a different direction and path than I have. That is between you and God, and I will respect your decision as you respect my decision. Please forgive my judgmental attitude in the past. We will not face the Lord on judgment day as a group or as any organization, we will meet Him face and face. My greatest desire is that He will say: “Well done, thy good and faithful servant.”

Jesus said in Matthew that the two most important commandments are to "love God and love people". He didn’t say to love only those who agree with you – He just said “love.” We can love without being hateful, arrogant and abrasive.

I’m sorry for the lengthy post, but there was no way to shorten it.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

May God bless each of you!

Great post Sweet Pea. And we all could probably join in with you to some extent. And, it seems Cindy is going to be with us for a long, long time reminding us! "Good Grief"

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 05-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

We're right there with ya
Old 05-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Retired Ninja

I remember you from FCF, Sweet Pea. I am glad to see God working in your life. It is always a blessing to be able to look back and see how far he's taken us from where we used to be.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17

Jude 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion , making a difference : 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:01 PM

I think you're nice... but I'm kind of a crabby old lady, so maybe not the best judge.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
I think you're nice... but I'm kind of a crabby old lady, so maybe not the best judge.

I always thought Sweet Pea was nice too!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Wink Re: What I have learned about myself and forums...

I also date back to FCF, but don't recall any unkindness .

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James