Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Re: Television Issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
Exemption card?

The thought crossed my mind.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Sister Alvear

Well, I do not think Hoovie was calling you a gay...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Well, I do not think Hoovie was calling you a gay...

A completely objective opinion, I'm sure.

But, just to keep this conversation honest and accurate, I never said he called me "a gay."

Do you remember The Kingsmen? They were a pretty terrible southern gospel quartet. They had this song called, "Excuses, excuses, you hear them everyday." I thought of that song when I read your post.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by notofworks View Post
Well, it's pretty obvious how incredibly difficult it would be to dig those up, seeing as how there are no certain key words since they were insinuations, not direct statements. But I'll check with my therapist and see if it's ok if I spend some time digging up the hurts of the past.
Notofworks, nevertheless, if you make an accusation, you must back it up with facts or let it go. Thanks for researching and re-posting the relevant posts.

However, you were asked to report them, so they have now been removed from this thread and reported to the Admin forum for review as originally requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I bet whichever admin challenged NOW to produce Hoovie-to-NOW-gay insinuations wishes they had just dropped the thing.
Definitely not. You underestimate the Admin team. We are committed to treating members and situations fairly.

Quote:
A completely objective opinion, I'm sure.

But, just to keep this conversation honest and accurate, I never said he called me "a gay."

Do you remember The Kingsmen? They were a pretty terrible southern gospel quartet. They had this song called, "Excuses, excuses, you hear them everyday." I thought of that song when I read your post.
notofworks, if you are not accusing Hoovie of implying that you are gay, then what are you accusing him of? Please PM your answer to the Admin team.

To everyone else: These posts are being reviewed by the Admin team. They are not fodder for any further discussion on this thread, and no further discussion about Hoovie's posts will be allowed. If you have a question or comment, please PM Admin or a member of Admin.

The Admin Team
*AQuietPlace*
CC1
Esther
Hoovie
Prax
The Mrs
votivesoul

Take a moment to review the Forum Rules by clicking here.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I bet whichever admin challenged NOW to produce Hoovie-to-NOW-gay insinuations wishes they had just dropped the thing.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Notofworks, nevertheless, if you make an accusation, you must back it up with facts or let it go. Thanks for researching and re-posting the relevant posts.

However, you were asked to report them, so they have now been removed from this thread and reported to the Admin forum for review as originally requested.

Definitely not. You underestimate the Admin team. We are committed to treating members and situations fairly.

notofworks, if you are not accusing Hoovie of implying that you are gay, then what are you accusing him of? Please PM your answer to the Admin team.

To everyone else: These posts are being reviewed by the Admin team. They are not fodder for any further discussion on this thread, and no further discussion about Hoovie's posts will be allowed. If you have a question or comment, please PM Admin or a member of Admin.

Well, I backed it up.

It's pretty incredibly obvious, but I NEVER said that Hoovie said I was gay. I said that Hoovie insinuated and hinted that I was gay. That seems fairly easy to separate.

As directed, I PMed my answer to the Admin Team.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, I backed it up.

It's pretty incredibly obvious, but I NEVER said that Hoovie said I was gay. I said that Hoovie insinuated and hinted that I was gay. That seems fairly easy to separate.

As directed, I PMed my answer to the Admin Team.
The real issue, it appears, is why you continue to bring this up even after resolution has been attempted. Considering that this was posted January 13, 2011, your complaints should have died a long time ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
OK NOW, as the thread title says - please release me.

No ill will intended.

No seriousness implied.

No harm intended to you,

nor the gay community that you minister to.

The harm you have perceived coming from my statements was misinterpreted.

I am sorry, and assure you those statements are no different than those I have teased other friends with and even myself included.

As to the gay community, via my limited exposure through some friends that I know to be/have been gay, they do not seem to be without humor and could accept silly statements without serious offense.

The Christian position, (those who endorse or perform homosexual acts being outside the body of Christ) causes offense of it's own, without antagonizing.

So once again, I wish you the best, and blessings to your home and church.
This post should have been more than adequate to address your concerns. This issue should not be brought up again, unless there is an additional offense after this date. Once someone has explained themselves and apologized, all parties, especially those that strive to be Christlike, should move forward. Hoovie obviously made an attempt to set things straight over two months ago, and it's a shame that it wasn't accepted.

Now back to your regularly scheduled "Television" discussion.

The Admin Team
*AQuietPlace*
CC1
Esther
Hoovie
Prax
The Mrs
votivesoul

Take a moment to review the Forum Rules by clicking here.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Go Dodgers!

Guys, it's time to drop it and move on.

And just so everyone is clear, if you have a problem with admin actions you need to PM the admin team or one of the members and do your commentaries or complaints that way.

Please don't let there be a next time.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Guys, it's time to drop it and move on.

And just so everyone is clear, if you have a problem with admin actions you need to PM the admin team or one of the members and do your commentaries or complaints that way.

Please don't let there be a next time.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotforSale View Post
OK, for everyone who is against signing something which says they are doing one thing, but they are doing another, we ALL sign a form every year where dishonesty is a known issue amongst EVERYONE! It's called your 1040.

If you Barter or sell anything, such as at a garage sale, you are required to report any gains as income (the sale is higher than the purchase). Here is a statement directly from publication 525 from the Internal Revenue code;

"Bartering occurs when you exchange goods or services without exchanging money. An example of bartering is a plumber doing repair work for a dentist in exchange for dental services. The fair market value of goods and services received in exchange for goods or services you provide must be included in income in the year received."

If I preach for another pastor in exchange for other services, I’m supposed to report this as income. If I work on my neighbor’s car while he’s fixing my broken deck (I’m the mechanic and he’s the carpenter), we are supposed to report this.

Can I see a show of hands of how many on AFF obey this LAW????

Even your kids babysitting or mowing lawns for money, they are supposed to report this income. People in this Country, including Christians, look the other way when they fill out their income tax forms at the end of the year. I always laugh when someone tells me, “I’m totally honest on my Tax Return.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Exactly. No one is doing it 100% correct. Even those who claim they are. It's easy to call foul when there is nothing at risk in these things.

I come from a barn raising community. Neighbor helping neighbor. In an audit I was asked whether I have ever helped anyone in exchange for their assistance...? I replied that my father and I will help each other when need arises. The auditor asked if I realized that was breaking the law unless this was reported as both income and expense on our personal tax returns? I said no, I considered that Christian charity. They said from now on you need to report any and all such, whether they be considered acts of charity or not. Ridiculous!
NFS, with this being in the middle of tax season this may be a very real concern - now that you brought it up!. To sign or not to sign, that is the question.

I think compliance is not based solely on the level of integrity the tax filers have. (As you pointed out, most are likely not compliant in practice).

What it boils down to is that one is filing their taxes and is in general compliance in the reporting of income and expense. In an audit, they can and will find discrepancies if they want to. If you or I were to run for office the lawyers and media could find plenty to be brought into question.

So it is with church denominations. I seriously doubt any minister believes and teaches the AOF 100% as written for UPCI.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves