Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

View Poll Results: Fellowship, Organization, or Cult
Fellowship 14 25.00%
Organization 30 53.57%
Cult 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2008, 05:45 PM
God's Son

District Puts WPF on Notice

What I get out of the letter is if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, eats like a duck, it probably is a duck. The upci makes a great case why upci affiliated ministeres should not license with the wpf...

http://www.wvupci.org/news/2008-03-0...Communiqué.asp

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

Re: District Puts WPF on Notice

This must be a cut and paste reply that the GB approved for the districts, as this is a carbon copy of what DB sent out to his district as well. I do know however, that while they give permission in this communique to fellowship WPF events, some districts have called pastors forbidding them to do so, which I feel is not only inappropriate but on the sly when considering this "official" statement. JMO
Old 03-08-2008, 06:39 PM
God's Son

Good point. However in places like Kansas and California, I understand why districts would take the extra step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
This must be a cut and paste reply that the GB approved for the districts, as this is a carbon copy of what DB sent out to his district as well. I do know however, that while they give permission in this communique to fellowship WPF events, some districts have called pastors forbidding them to do so, which I feel is not only inappropriate but on the sly when considering this "official" statement. JMO

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Old 03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Why Kansas? It is my understanding that while quite a few may have left the UPCI, most if not all of them are just going GIB for now.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
God's Son

For example purposes only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
Why Kansas? It is my understanding that while quite a few may have left the UPCI, most if not all of them are just going GIB for now.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 PM

It has begun ... it only will get worse.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Da Brat

It will get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Couldn't we just set up a wrestling match between them.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Renewed

It's not going to get worse , there will be those that will leave, but not enough to effect the UPC. It is sad, but not note worthy really..as we have seen from the letters and district meetings it is being handled ethicly and with grace. Let them go, the fruits will reveal the tree...
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Registered Member

Look like there trying to get there house in order

The part that struck me was the last 3 paragraphs under
General Board Ruling
February 26, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
What I get out of the letter is if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, eats like a duck, it probably is a duck. The upci makes a great case why upci affiliated ministeres should not license with the wpf...

http://www.wvupci.org/news/2008-03-0...Communiqué.asp
It is imperative that we not only proclaim separation, but that it be taught so as to give this generation reason for the basic fundamentals as stated in the Articles of Faith.
The General Youth Department presented plans for Youth Congress 2009, outlining ideas that will incorporate this goal. In an attempt to realize the curbing of some problems and concerns, the General Youth Division will develop platform guidelines for both Youth Congress and Bible Quizzing.
Please know that there was a great spirit of unity and commitment to maintain our Apostolic identity while at the same time going forward with a strong passion for Global Impact.

Dan'D
Old 03-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan'D View Post
Look like there trying to get there house in order

The part that struck me was the last 3 paragraphs under
General Board Ruling
February 26, 2008

It is imperative that we not only proclaim separation, but that it be taught so as to give this generation reason for the basic fundamentals as stated in the Articles of Faith.
The General Youth Department presented plans for Youth Congress 2009, outlining ideas that will incorporate this goal. In an attempt to realize the curbing of some problems and concerns, the General Youth Division will develop platform guidelines for both Youth Congress and Bible Quizzing.
Please know that there was a great spirit of unity and commitment to maintain our Apostolic identity while at the same time going forward with a strong passion for Global Impact.

Dan'D
This reinforces my theory I put forth when the TV resolution passed that for at least the short term the UPC would swing hard right in over compensation to try and assure all (including themselves) that the TV resolution did not signal a change in the legalism.

I saw this same sort of thing when KH was first elected GS. Everybody considered him a liberal so in his first couple of message he made sure to prove his "street cred" by coming out strong against makeup on women and other old time Oneness Pentecostal hobby horses.