Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 12-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Impeachment Hearing

Just want to drop this here.

Matt Gaetz (FL) pushing back on the partisan professor yesterday. I observed that she was clearly emotional and therefore showing a bias on her opening statement. That proved to be true as the evidence moved forward.

Great exchange!

Gaetz: Professor Karlan, you gave a thousand bucks to Elizabeth Warren, right?

Karlan: I believe so.

Gaetz: You gave twelve hundred bucks to Barack Obama?

Karlan: I have no reason to question that.

Gaetz: You gave two thousand bucks to Hillary Clinton?

Karlan: That’s correct.

Gaetz: Why so much more for Hillary than the other two?

Karlan: Because I’ve been giving a lot of money to charity recently because of all the poor people in the United States.

Gaetz: Well, those aren’t the only folks you’ve been giving to. Have you ever been on a podcast called “Versus Trump”?

Karlan: I think I was on a live panel that the people who ran the podcast called it “Versus Trump.”

Gaetz: Do you remember saying the following. “Liberals tend to cluster more. Conservatives – especially very conservative people – tend to spread out more, perhaps because they don’t even want to be around themselves.” Did you say that?

Karlan: Yes, I did.

Gaetz: Do you understand how that reflects contempt on people who are conservative?

Karlan: No, what I was talking about there was the natural tendency – if you put the quote in context – the natural tendency of a compactness requirement to favor a party whose voters are more spread out. And I do not have contempt for conservatives….

Gaetz I have to say when you talk about how liberals want to be around each other and cluster, and conservatives don’t want to be around each other and want to spread out, it makes people …. you may not see this from, like, the ivory towers of your law school, but it makes actual people in this country You don’t get to interrupt me on this time. Now let me also suggest that when you invoke the President’s son’s name here, when you try to make a little joke out of referencing Barron Trump, that does not lend credibility to your argument. It makes you look mean. It makes you look like you’re attacking someone’s family – the minor child of the President of the United States. So let’s see if we can get into the facts. To all of the witnesses, if you have personal knowledge of a single material fact in the Schiff report, please raise your hand. And let the record reflect, no personal knowledge of a single fact, and you know what? That continues on the tradition that we saw out of Adam Schiff, where Ambassador Taylor could not identify an impeachable offense, Mr. Kent never met with the President, Fiona Hill never heard the President reference anything regarding military aid, Mr. Hale was unaware of any nefarious activity with aid, Colonel Vindman even rejected the Democrat talking point that bribery was invoked here, Ambassador Volker denied there was a quid pro quo, and Mr. Morrison said there was nothing wrong on the call. The only direct evidence came from Gordon Sondland, who spoke to the President of the United States, and the President said, “I want nothing. No quid pro quo.” And you know what? If wiretapping a political opponent is an impeachable offense, I look forward to reading the Inspector General’s report because maybe it’s a different president we should be impeaching.

And then the video rolls out when she said that she crossed the street to pass the Trump Tower. LOL! These people are sick and childish and are professors in our law schools!!!

George Washington University Law Professor Jonathan Turley stayed with the rule of law and the Constitution. I heard someone comment that he ran a great ad for George Washington University. LOL! Probably so.

And now Nancy Pelosi moves to draw up articles of impeachment. She didn't look very happy saying it. And I am sure no one believes her when she says that they are being prayerful about it. LOL!
Old 12-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Very telling that the Democrat’s attorney refuses to ask any questions of the only Constitutional attorney on the panel today who is against impeachment.

Prof Pamela Karla is so emotional, it is hard not to see bias here. Same with the other two liberal professors. Noah Feldman from Harvard - he might need smelling salts. Embarrassing!

Ugh!
Pamela Karla is the poster child for TDS.

Every time she spoke, all I could think of is this

Old 12-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

Pamela Karla was petty and exhibited her bigotry every time she opened her mouth. She was angry and showed her contempt of the POTUS, the GOP members of the committee and conservatives in general.

Noah Feldman came across to me as arrogant and the type of person who likes to voice his opinion even if he isn't asked for it. He reminded me of the fictional Hogwarts professor Gilderoy Lockhart -- lot of big talk and wild claims but ran away scared when faced with actual conflict.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Pamela Karla is the poster child for TDS.

Every time she spoke, all I could think of is this

Hahahahaha! She jerked back in her chair a few times after making her point, for emphasis, so I think your gif is spot on! Hahahahaha!

What a horrible woman. Feldman could be the next pajama boy.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

And none of this is on Drudge which proves Matt Drudge has flipped to the dark side.[/QUOTE]

Don Bongino has a new news website coming out soon. It’s called The Bongino Report its suppose to replace the Drudge Report. Interesting times we live in! This is what’s happens when you shake the bones of Washington up.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
And none of this is on Drudge which proves Matt Drudge has flipped to the dark side.
Don Bongino has a new news website coming out soon. It’s called The Bongino Report its suppose to replace the Drudge Report. Interesting times we live in! This is what’s happens when you shake the bones of Washington up.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it has rolled out.

https://bonginoreport.com/
Old 12-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
Don Bongino has a new news website coming out soon. It’s called The Bongino Report its suppose to replace the Drudge Report. Interesting times we live in! This is what’s happens when you shake the bones of Washington up.
Looks like it has rolled out.

https://bonginoreport.com/[/QUOTE]

Good for him!
Old 12-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

conservative, libertarian - pharm-$ shills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Good for him!
Michelle Malkin and Candace Owens have been willing to speak about the mandatory vaccination problem. (Maiming, scourge.)
Also Pearson Sharp in the media.
A small number of politicians on the national scene (Ron and Rand Paul, to varying degrees, and with some backtracking by Rand.)

So where are Dan Bongino, Tucker Carlson Mark Levin and the others?

It is hard to take any of these conservative, libertarian constitutionalist commentators seriously if they will not even try to give an almost-balanced report, including bringing on parents with an injured or deceased child. Trump yielded to the pharma-$$$-pressure, too

Look for sources that are not pharma-$$$-shills.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 12-07-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Not riding the train

So, without taking ANY questions the Democrats level the impeachment charges as Obstruction of Congress and Abuse of a Power.

Where did the charge of bribery and extortion go? That is what their legal experts were saying and the basis of their whole argument.

What a dishonest sham.

Kevin McCarthy is right - “This isn’t about a ‘perfect phone call’ it is about impeaching a President. And, no, the phone call is NOT an impeachable offense.”
Old 12-22-2019, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Don't think more is not being planned. A rogue intelligence community with a rogue House of Representative majority as its puppet is capable of anything. The Trump "impeachment" is an attempt at covering their own lawlessness. A Gorbachev coup in the name of "national emergency" installing Nancy Pelosi as President is not out of the question. The Virginia gun-grab is a test run for a nation-wide scheme. But they have underestimated us.

Our first "civil war" was really a war between two countries. The South never wanted to conquer the north and subdue it. However, the possibility of a true civil war now exists. The question is, where are the loyalties of the military brass placed? I believe they may have already planned a way to neutralize pro-constitution military commanders.

Notice how brazen the plotters all are, even now. They have no fear or shame. They are following the script knowing somebody powerful has their back.