Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Re: Prayer by Verbal Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
No it had nothing to do with the “ spirit realm “ that would be offensive to some it had to do with preaching against sin. He would preach on getting rid of your television, not paying tithes, getting rid of board ran churches ect... that’s why he would not be excepted. I have to elders I know that set under him and told me this. Plus he preached for a lot of the churches we fellowship out here in California.
Thats when he died, he was on his way to California. That alone ought to tell you something... j/k

He did preach against sin, yet you ought to go ask your elders what he related to sin? That was spirits! He would call T.V a spirit of lust your entertaining as you watch. He mentioned thrones in church’s of adultery, prince spirits in county’s, a spirit of cigarettes. I could give you more examples, he gave an example that there was a church that had thrones of sexual perversion in the church. One morning he woke up and there naked women dancing in front of his bed the spirit manifested itself. You know what, preachers called him nuts, your out of your mind (sounds like today) until it happened to one of the ones that ridiculed him! Depression, anxiety, suicides were not a chemical imbalance, yet a spirit that is afflicting, oppressing, or possessing the individual. The elders that taught us about the spirit realm would not be welcome today, the majority of the church today are more interested in mega church revival.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

The more the flesh is subdued, the more we acquire the mind of the Spirit. I do believe there is something about an hour in prayer, on a regular basis and a 24 hour fast, on a regular basis that subdues the flesh. I would question anyone's commitment to God who will not set aside at least an hour to pray with some consistency. I don't think that God is timing our prayers and making an hour every day a requirement, but I agree that Jesus was giving us a secret when he said "could you not pray with me for one hour."

Our flesh is what keeps us from knowing Him. The more of our flesh that is subdued, the more of Him we will know. The more of Him we know, the more of Him the world will see.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
The more the flesh is subdued, the more we acquire the mind of the Spirit. I do believe there is something about an hour in prayer, on a regular basis and a 24 hour fast, on a regular basis that subdues the flesh. I would question anyone's commitment to God who will not set aside at least an hour to pray with some consistency. I don't think that God is timing our prayers and making an hour every day a requirement, but I agree that Jesus was giving us a secret when he said "could you not pray with me for one hour."

Our flesh is what keeps us from knowing Him. The more of our flesh that is subdued, the more of Him we will know. The more of Him we know, the more of Him the world will see.
We have a lot in common.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

This is from Houston

Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: I LOVE Verbal Bean...I "get" him!
Quote:
Today's church does need and still has the ministry that VB had. Preachers May not have the same personality exactly like him but the type of ministry is still in the church today

Some personality he must have had. People showed up to his funeral to make sure he was dead.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:58 AM
New User

Who is Houston?
Old 03-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Thats when he died, he was on his way to California. That alone ought to tell you something... j/k

He did preach against sin, yet you ought to go ask your elders what he related to sin? That was spirits! He would call T.V a spirit of lust your entertaining as you watch. He mentioned thrones in church’s of adultery, prince spirits in county’s, a spirit of cigarettes. I could give you more examples, he gave an example that there was a church that had thrones of sexual perversion in the church. One morning he woke up and there naked women dancing in front of his bed the spirit manifested itself. You know what, preachers called him nuts, your out of your mind (sounds like today) until it happened to one of the ones that ridiculed him! Depression, anxiety, suicides were not a chemical imbalance, yet a spirit that is afflicting, oppressing, or possessing the individual. The elders that taught us about the spirit realm would not be welcome today, the majority of the church today are more interested in mega church revival.

Now days the church believes the chemical imbalance and promotes going to get meds. Ours does
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
This is from Houston

Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: I LOVE Verbal Bean...I "get" him!
Quote:
Today's church does need and still has the ministry that VB had. Preachers May not have the same personality exactly like him but the type of ministry is still in the church today

Some personality he must have had. People showed up to his funeral to make sure he was dead.

Make sure he was dead???

Old 03-09-2020, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post

I see an hour of prayer as good build us up thing. Morning is the best, I just don't see it as a go to hell if your dont pray a hr a day.

Old 03-09-2020, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Who is Houston?
He’s a member on AFF.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
He’s a member on AFF.
Houston is a jerk, at least diakonis told me that.