Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 03-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Scott Walkers tithes dilema

Soon after taking office, Governor Scott Walker shared the dream of a huge job creating iron mine near Lake Superior. In order to accommodate the iron mine, environmental laws had to be changed, meaning relaxed.

The law passed and then Scott Walker was caught being paid a bribe in the amount of $700,000 from the owners of the mine. The legal issue is still in the courts.

Today, some 3 years later, the iron mine withdrew it's mine application.

Should Scott Walker feel obligated to repay the bribe ?

Are Christian politicians who take bribes obligated to pay tithes on bribes ??

Is it wrong for a pastor to accept dirty political money in the offering ?
Old 03-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Re: Scott Walkers tithes dilema

Scott Walker doesn't seem so clean any more.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Soon after taking office, Governor Scott Walker shared the dream of a huge job creating iron mine near Lake Superior. In order to accommodate the iron mine, environmental laws had to be changed, meaning relaxed.

The law passed and then Scott Walker was caught being paid a bribe in the amount of $700,000 from the owners of the mine. The legal issue is still in the courts.

Today, some 3 years later, the iron mine withdrew it's mine application.

Should Scott Walker feel obligated to repay the bribe ?

Are Christian politicians who take bribes obligated to pay tithes on bribes ??

Is it wrong for a pastor to accept dirty political money in the offering ?
For me he is not required to tithe unless his church or org requires it of him to be a member.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

There was no $700,000 "bribe." Two separate judges have ruled on this, one state, one federal.

Again, since Scott doesn't seem to understand... There was no bribe.

Scott's got a vendetta against Walker because his state position may have become a bit less important.

One other thing.... There was no bribe.

Stop lying.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
There was no $700,000 "bribe." Two separate judges have ruled on this, one state, one federal.

Again, since Scott doesn't seem to understand... There was no bribe.

Scott's got a vendetta against Walker because his state position may have become a bit less important.

One other thing.... There was no bribe.

Stop lying.
Exactly.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

Call the GAB, before it is "restructured by the governor, and ask them about it.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Banned

Did Colonel Hogan start another rumor?...LOL
Old 03-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

I live in Wisconsin and I thought the story was that the state legislature voted the mine down. That is why the company withdrew their application. The law was supposed to expedite the process by making it take only 2 years to get the approvals rather than say 5 years. It had nothing to do with relaxing environmental standards.

Last edited by Carl; 03-27-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

Act 1was the "updated" mining law. This was the law Walker championed and had passed. It was written by the mining company. About the same time it was passed, executives and their wives donated a total of $700,000 to Walkers political establishment. Since then, over 15 million in pro mining contributions have poured into Wisconsin.

The mine, despite having penned it's own rules, could not legally or functionally construct a mine at the site. With the relaxed environmental standards, it still could not construct a mine without being in violation.

The mine footprint covered 2 counties. Ashland County decided to not permit the mine to do business in their county. At the last Iron County board meeting, nearly half of the county board members were not pleased with the mine. When the mine first moved to Iron County, all the county board members were happy about the project.

The mine withdrew their mine application. No action to prompt this was taken by the legislature.

This mine created considerable civil unrest in Wisconsin. It taxed the credibility of the DNR. It threatened the largest body of fresh water in the western hemisphere with irreversible pollution.

The mine company interfered with local elections in Iron County. It galvanized a consortium of local groups to peacefully resist both the mine and Scott Walker. This resulted in masked, heavily armed guards being posted at the mine site. When the guard company was found out to not have license to do business in Wisconsin, they were forced to leave.

All in all, it was a win win outcome. We keep our clean land and water. Walker raised 15 million to finance his political ambitions.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Act 1was the "updated" mining law. This was the law Walker championed and had passed. It was written by the mining company. About the same time it was passed, executives and their wives donated a total of $700,000 to Walkers political establishment. Since then, over 15 million in pro mining contributions have poured into Wisconsin.

The mine, despite having penned it's own rules, could not legally or functionally construct a mine at the site. With the relaxed environmental standards, it still could not construct a mine without being in violation.

The mine footprint covered 2 counties. Ashland County decided to not permit the mine to do business in their county. At the last Iron County board meeting, nearly half of the county board members were not pleased with the mine. When the mine first moved to Iron County, all the county board members were happy about the project.

The mine withdrew their mine application. No action to prompt this was taken by the legislature.

This mine created considerable civil unrest in Wisconsin. It taxed the credibility of the DNR. It threatened the largest body of fresh water in the western hemisphere with irreversible pollution.

The mine company interfered with local elections in Iron County. It galvanized a consortium of local groups to peacefully resist both the mine and Scott Walker. This resulted in masked, heavily armed guards being posted at the mine site. When the guard company was found out to not have license to do business in Wisconsin, they were forced to leave.

All in all, it was a win win outcome. We keep our clean land and water. Walker raised 15 million to finance his political ambitions.
Was there local support for the mine? We've heard of course the indian tribes objections to it.