Banned

News From Brazil

North Brazil Missions
1421 Linden Drive, New Castle, IN 47362
CP 2047 Tabuleiro dos Martins
Maceio-Alagoas CEP: 57061-970
northbrazilmissions@yahoo.com
(82) 8812-6431 or (82) 8812-6527
We never know just what might happen while you are on the mission field. This month has been very interesting. After our car accident during Carnaval in February; we have spent nearly a month without a vehicle. I had forgotten what it was like without the blessing of having a car! Bro Magno spent hours on buses, rented motorcycles and we even rented a car for a couple of hours in order to be able to go to church while it was raining. Last week, the mechanics finally let our car out, only missing a back bumper. We were told that we were very lucky, because normally when there is an accident that is someone else’s’ fault that they normally don’t fix the car. Our first service with the car, it was packed up like sardines in a can, we got to the village and a tire went flat. Bro Magno spent the entire service in the rain changing a tire. When it was time to move again; the car ran out of gas! Please help us pray that God will supply us with four good tires for the car. What an adventurous month we have had! Thank the Lord for a sense of humor; it helps a lot on the mission field.

We finally have settled into our new home. Thank the Lord for great blessings! We have made friends with our neighbors who our members of a large trinity church here in our village; we look forward to the chance to share baptism in Jesus’ name with them. Little Caleb spent a week sick with bronchitis, but God has given him complete healing. As I was cleaning the house this morning, I thought of the day I graduated from high school and how faithful God is when He calls. Since I graduated fourth in my class, the principal of the school who handed out our diplomas wanted to know what my life goals were. The Lord called me as a little girl and confirmed it after I received the Holy Ghost as a teenager that He wanted me on the mission field. The principal laughingly told of my desire to be a missionary as my diploma was being handed to me, just as the Baptist pastor thought amusing the little girl who God had called to be a missionary. Some of the others who I graduated with never went on to fulfill the goals of their lives as some were killed in drunken driving accidents. I realized today that when God has a plan in someone’s life, He will bring it to pass.

We have had some wonderful services despite all of the difficulties. We have had several receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Six people were baptized in Jesus’ name including one the young man from Tabuleiro. We had a beautiful service in Tabuleiro one night, raining on the outside and on the inside. I wish you could have seen the beautiful faces of the Brazilian people as the presence of the Lord saturated that little brick building and all inside. Tears of repentance, tears of joy and rejoicing as the Lord touched their hearts. Even some of the youngest in the churches have been filled with the Holy Ghost. We have Bible studies going on in the houses of some of our new converts. Bro Magno is teaching one young man how to play the guitar. One young guy came up to me and said, Missionary, can we get a drum set so that I can play? I told him, Lets pray, who knows what God will do. Right now, we have a few little noisemakers and one electric guitar that we share between the two churches.

Next month is our regional convention in the state of Alagoas. The dates are April 26-28. Every year, we look forward to this meeting where many receive the Holy Ghost and are baptized in Jesus’ name. There are many special presentations from the ladies group down to the little children’s choir. This year our adolescent boys group has formed a ‘soldiers for Jesus’ group. They will be presenting something special this year too. People come from all throughout Brazil to participate in this special event. Prayer warriors, please help us pray that God will have his way and that this convention will be one of the best ever in reaping spiritual benefits.

Our hearts long for a moving of God in our churches. Many times our own souls are thirsty for the refreshing that Holy Ghost revival brings. The Word says that if we believe as the scriptures have said, out of our bellies will FLOW Rivers of living water. Our people come from some of the most depressing situations and homes. One new sister was telling me about her life as a young person, how God brought her out of a family that drinks and the poverty that they live under. She told me about her two outfits that she has for church and her husband only has two worn out white dress shirts. The clothes that she and her family use throughout the week are threadbare at best. I wanted to ask you my friends if you have some used clothes that are still in good shape that you no longer use that you could donate to the Brazilian Apostolics. Brazil has a very immodest culture that when the new ones come in they are many times ashamed to come to church in their old clothes. We can receive used clothes at our post office box here in Brazil. It costs around $50 for a medium size box, depending on the weight. Some of the clothes most needed are: women’s and girls long-sleeved blouses and skirts, including jean skirts; men and boy pants, and long-sleeved dress shirts for both men and young boys. Baby clothes are also appreciated. Please keep in mind that the temperature here averages in the 90’s, so if you could send lightweight clothes; it would be greatly appreciated. Please mark ‘no value-used clothes’ on customs paper. You can send the boxes to:

Bro Magno and Sis Amy Santos
CP 2047 Tabuleiro dos Martins
Maceió-AL CEP:57061-970
Brazil, South America

God has been so gracious to give to us, you our prayer partners and partners in missions. We thank God each day to know that we have saints praying a wall of prayer around us. We thank you for you that give faithfully each month to keep us working for God in Northeast Brazil. We pray for God’s blessings on your families and your churches.

Only Because of His Grace,

The Santos Family
Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Sister Alvear

I miss you all...We are traveling here in the states...love and blessings...

Mom