Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Thanks!

I was at that live recording. Tramaine said "I want bro Santana to come and play the guitar" . lol

that saxaphone player lives in The east bay (Oakland,Ca area). he is great!
I wasn't very familiar with him before....I was soo surprised when I found out Carlos santana was on her album. Man he can play!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
I wasn't very familiar with him before....I was soo surprised when I found out Carlos santana was on her album. Man he can play!
can he ever.

he monkey man, i thought you might interested in knowing they built a new Mall in san Jose and named it after carlos santana. it's called "santana row". the odd thing is, he always dressed like a hippie and this mall is for the super rich only! we are talking on par with Rodeo drive in L.A
Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by South of I 90
I thought Marcos Witt was full-time as Spanish Pastor at Lakewood.

Quote:
that was Loooooooong long time ago !

he's been back to san diego playing at other churches since then and now on to phoenix
That's what I thought; about 10 years ago.

Marcos Witt has been at Lakewood at least 5 years.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Urban Pastor

The Hammond Organ

I have been playing the Hammond Organ since my teens after being influenced by Billy Preston, Andrae Crouch and the organist for Bishop G.E. Patterson and his late uncle - Bishop J. O. Patterson. We have always enjoyed Twinkie Clark. My wife and I have also been greatly influenced by the organists and Pianists of A. A. Allen - David Davis and Richard Page. Jonathan Woodby (who is the long time organist of Brooklyn Tabernacle) is a favorite. I met him when he played for Evangelist R. W. Shambach many years ago. Elder Timothy McKibbens at Church of Atlanta Lighthouse with Bishop Michael David Spires is an incredible organist! I would say my very favorite organist is Moses Tyson. He is COGIC and is absolutely incredible.

I enjoy the Hammond so much - I own five of them and numerous keyboards!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I have been playing the Hammond Organ since my teens after being influenced by Billy Preston, Andrae Crouch and the organist for Bishop G.E. Patterson and his late uncle - Bishop J. O. Patterson. We have always enjoyed Twinkie Clark. My wife and I have also been greatly influenced by the organists and Pianists of A. A. Allen - David Davis and Richard Page. Jonathan Woodby (who is the long time organist of Brooklyn Tabernacle) is a favorite. I met him when he played for Evangelist R. W. Shambach many years ago. Elder Timothy McKibbens at Church of Atlanta Lighthouse with Bishop Michael David Spires is an incredible organist! I would say my very favorite organist is Moses Tyson. He is COGIC and is absolutely incredible.

I enjoy the Hammond so much - I own five of them and numerous keyboards!

wanna sell one ?? lol
I'm looking for a vintage B3

ATLB, I think Tyson is PAW- there's a big clan of them from Indy you know
Old 03-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Urban Pastor

The Vintage Hammond Organ!

Quote:
wanna sell one ?? lol
I'm looking for a vintage B3

ATLB, I think Tyson is PAW- there's a big clan of them from Indy you know
Hey Thad - No - I like having them around! My wifes favorite is the A-100 at our church. We had it in storage for 7 years and put it in our new church plant and WOW - It has a Leslie that will blow you out of just about anywhere! I have two here at the house and two in storage.

I did not know Moses Tyson was PAW - I do know he was close to Bishop Owens when he was Presiding Bishop of COGIC and he got caught in the middle of the Owens/Patterson mess but I think all that was resolved but I have not seen him back on the national platforms since. I am not sure where he is - but his two projects are INCREDIBLE!

I preached at a church last year in Detroit - can't even remember the name of it - but the organist was about 500 pounds and his fingers barely reached the keyboard. I laughed as he played it looked so funny! He tore it up and led the choir at the same time! LOL They make it look so easy!

I played behind Brian Hurst last Sunday night at New Life Assembly here in ATL - and that white boy like to have hurt himself! Have you heard him SING!!!!!! LORD HAVE MERCY - He is incredible! He sang the paint off the walls and preached a great Word too! I used to preach a lot for his Dad in Bangor, Maine when I was UPC. Brian is on the Madea movies and tours a lot with Tyler Perry.
I was in rare form playing for him Sunday night - as I rarely play - but I was feeling my Cheerios and man - I was smokin' it and the people were going WILD! LOL I had an incredible drummer and we stayed on that fast - shout - dance - black beat and I mean it got BAD in there!
Old 03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Hey Thad - No - I like having them around! My wifes favorite is the A-100 at our church. We had it in storage for 7 years and put it in our new church plant and WOW - It has a Leslie that will blow you out of just about anywhere! I have two here at the house and two in storage.

I did not know Moses Tyson was PAW - I do know he was close to Bishop Owens when he was Presiding Bishop of COGIC and he got caught in the middle of the Owens/Patterson mess but I think all that was resolved but I have not seen him back on the national platforms since. I am not sure where he is - but his two projects are INCREDIBLE!

I preached at a church last year in Detroit - can't even remember the name of it - but the organist was about 500 pounds and his fingers barely reached the keyboard. I laughed as he played it looked so funny! He tore it up and led the choir at the same time! LOL They make it look so easy!

I played behind Brian Hurst last Sunday night at New Life Assembly here in ATL - and that white boy like to have hurt himself! Have you heard him SING!!!!!! LORD HAVE MERCY - He is incredible! He sang the paint off the walls and preached a great Word too! I used to preach a lot for his Dad in Bangor, Maine when I was UPC. Brian is on the Madea movies and tours a lot with Tyler Perry.
I was in rare form playing for him Sunday night - as I rarely play - but I was feeling my Cheerios and man - I was smokin' it and the people were going WILD! LOL I had an incredible drummer and we stayed on that fast - shout - dance - black beat and I mean it got BAD in there!
YES! I meet him years ago at the black evangelism conference! Man! he can sing and to think he is from MAine ???is he in Atlanta now?
I'll have to stop in when I come thru atlanta.

Bishop Paul MOrton's Organist weighed over 600lbs. i always wondered how they got him around. you know he was shot to death or stabbed a few years ago
Old 03-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Invisible Thad

* * * NEWS FLASH * * *

Did you hear that bishop Noel Jones Choir CD is now out ???

A PAW friend called me last night. they had a release concert this weekend. he said it was tremendeous.

It's " City of Refuge sactuary choir "
Old 03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Urban Pastor

Grace Jones

Quote:
* * * NEWS FLASH * * *

Did you hear that bishop Noel Jones Choir CD is now out ???

A PAW friend called me last night. they had a release concert this weekend. he said it was tremendous.

It's " City of Refuge sanctuary choir "
Brian and his family are still in Bangor, Maine - He pastors with his dad there. He was just here over the weekend - preaching at a couple churches.

I will look around for Bishop Jones new project. I was with him a few years ago and I asked if Grace ever came by - He laughed so hard. He said - well you see how packed the church is and it is standing room only every service. Grace and her entourage shows up every few months and of course - people have to be reseated and everything rearranged to accommodate her and all her people! LOL He said - of course by the end of the service - they all get so emotional and crying and shrieking and praying and falling out. Tall Flaming Drag queens and big ole lesbians - laid out in the floor screaming and crying! SO - He says they have to pray her and her bunch through every few months! ROFL!!!!!!! We were laughing so hard as he told me.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:42 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Brian and his family are still in Bangor, Maine - He pastors with his dad there. He was just here over the weekend - preaching at a couple churches.

I will look around for Bishop Jones new project. I was with him a few years ago and I asked if Grace ever came by - He laughed so hard. He said - well you see how packed the church is and it is standing room only every service. Grace and her entourage shows up every few months and of course - people have to be reseated and everything rearranged to accommodate her and all her people! LOL He said - of course by the end of the service - they all get so emotional and crying and shrieking and praying and falling out. Tall Flaming Drag queens and big ole lesbians - laid out in the floor screaming and crying! SO - He says they have to pray her and her bunch through every few months! ROFL!!!!!!! We were laughing so hard as he told me.
That is something! she is a piece of work! I've seen here there before she always dresses SOOO outlandish. a friend of mine told she once pranced in with a leopard fur wrap. it wrapped around and around her head & Torso and on her shoulder sat the stuffed head of the leopard with the mouth open !!

Is brain and his Dad still UPC ???