Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Just a few questions to consider:
  • do you see that people are more respectful of others here on AFF?
  • do you see any glaring problems or flaws with how AFF has grown?
  • does AFF's environment seem to encourage the arrival of new posters?
  • do you think enough of AFF as a forum to mention it in passing to a friend?
  • are there some pieces of the "big picture" puzzle that AFF is currently missing?
  • what are some innovative ideas that could help us seperate ourselves from other forums?

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
because everyone is here that I have known and posted with for a number of Years are here i like it here and feel comfortable BUUUT I do wished it allowed more freedom. i like the idea of multiple owners but I think there are too many of something (i wont mention) and TOO TOO STRICT!!!I have ahd multiple Threads stopped, locked , deleted. Nfcf offered more freedom in that regard
Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
Just a few questions to consider:
  • do you see that people are more respectful of others here on AFF?
  • do you see any glaring problems or flaws with how AFF has grown?
  • does AFF's environment seem to encourage the arrival of new posters?
  • do you think enough of AFF as a forum to mention it in passing to a friend?
  • are there some pieces of the "big picture" puzzle that AFF is currently missing?
  • what are some innovative ideas that could help us seperate ourselves from other forums?

Two posters have joined at my recommendation.

I really wish AFF would have guest posters from the Christian world scheduled on a monthly basis. People like Tenney, Mangun and the like. Major players like authors and recording artists talking abbout their passion for the kingdom.

It would be awesome to have a heavily moderated thread like this where questions were pm'd to admin before they made it to open forum.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
I was telling someone the other day that AFF has been my haven, my little cave. The past year has been very tough for my family, and AFF has filled a void.

I know, go ahead and say it. I'm a loser.
Do you think that AFF is mindful enough of "hurting posters" in regards to giving them a "small break" or "a bit more room" when they are posting??? or is it as cut-throat as FCF/NFCF in their hay-days???

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
because everyone is here that I have known and posted with for a number of Years are here i like it here and feel comfortable BUUUT I do wished it allowed more freedom. i like the idea of multiple owners but I think there are too many of something (i wont mention) and TOO TOO STRICT!!!
I have ahd multiple Threads stopped, locked , deleted. Nfcf offered more freedom in that regard
I think most agreed that most safety and mutual respect was a higher priority to them at the cost of "a little less" posting liberties/freedom.... for those that spoke up on the "old AFF site".... is that still true for you today??? has AFF become a bit more "friendly" as the result of a bit tighter moderation???

Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
Do you think that AFF is mindful enough of "hurting posters" in regards to giving them a "small break" or "a bit more room" when they are posting??? or is it as cut-throat as FCF/NFCF in their hay-days???
There seems to be a bit more compassion here. I was really fuming about Epley's assessment of Berk the other day (missions trip). But over all I feel that most of us are friends here. It's not nearly as cut-throat here. There have been times when I could have torn someones belief system and doctrine to shreds, but didn't because there was no value in it. I'm sure the samne graciousness ahs been extended to me at times.

I do feel admin has been a little trigger happy at times. The Nix situation should have been given a bit more play. But overall, admin and ownership have done an incredibly awesome job.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Two posters have joined at my recommendation.

I really wish AFF would have guest posters from the Christian world scheduled on a monthly basis. People like Tenney, Mangun and the like. Major players like authors and recording artists talking abbout their passion for the kingdom.
getting "big names" to recognize a forum as a legitimate channel of discussion and communication I would imagine would be kinda difficult to establish.... how would you recommend that AFF could establish a "need" to hear their voices regarding particular issues without them having the danger of walking into a "den of possible criticisms"?

Quote:
It would be awesome to have a heavily moderated thread like this where questions were pm'd to admin before they made it to open forum
I think that would really bog down the posting flow of AFF, so speaking on behalf of AFF staff.... I wouldn't hold your breath on that one....

Last edited by Malvaro; 05-30-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
because everyone is here that I have known and posted with for a number of Years are here i like it here and feel comfortable BUUUT I do wished it allowed more freedom. i like the idea of multiple owners but I think there are too many of something (i wont mention) and TOO TOO STRICT!!!
I have ahd multiple Threads stopped, locked , deleted. Nfcf offered more freedom in that regard

And we see that much freedom ended with a closed forum, because people took advantage of the "freedom" they were given.

Multiple owners is a guarantee that no one person can walk away and close this forum. That is a GOOD thing.

Moderation isn't always a bad thing. I'd much rather have a place with moderation, than something where "anything goes" and it ends up being a bloodbath. If people were able to have a little more self control/self moderation, there wouldn't be so much admin intervention. JMHO.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOPER View Post
I like it.
Coop, do you think that AFF has excelled in any areas beyond its predecessors?

Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
I was telling someone the other day that AFF has been my haven, my little cave. The past year has been very tough for my family, and AFF has filled a void.

I know, go ahead and say it. I'm a loser.
Even losers catch a fish now and again.....

I think that AFF has been a blessing for a number of reasons.. too many to list now..

One thing I really appreciate AFF for is the Management (Admin Team) around here.. it's great!!