Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

View Poll Results: Is the serpent seed doctrine a "damnable heresy"?
Yes. It's a perverse false doctrine that should be strongly rejected. 61 78.21%
No. Its an doctrinal error, but it's pretty harmless. 10 12.82%
No. I believe the serpent seed doctrine is biblical truth. 4 5.13%
I'm not sure. 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
serpent seed

Old 05-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
That's not what is says. I thought there was one for Mary but am unable to find it now. As you can read, both trace from Joseph, not Mary.

Matthew 1:14
And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;

1:15
And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;

1:16
And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Luke 3:23
And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed ) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

3:24
Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
hope this helps H1

But in Luke chapter 3:23-38, the lineage appears to be traced through Mary. When it says, "...Joseph, who was the son of Heli,...", many believe that he is actually the son-in-law of Heli. Many believe that Heli was the father of Mary, and since Joseph married Mary, you could call Heli Joseph's father. Many people call their father-in-laws or mother-in-laws, "father", or "mother." This view, that the phrase here, "son of Heli", is in reference to him being the son-in-law of Heli, is supported by linguistic and historical evidence and is held by many students of The Bible. Not only that, but in verse 38, it says that Adam was the son of God. God did not father Adam, but he formed him. So we know that their are different ways in which "son" can be used. When the term "only begotten Son" is used in John 3:16, talking about Jesus Christ; we can tell that this is different from just the regular term of son. This is God's "only begotten Son." It has a special meaning. It is the Greek word, monogenes. It means "one and only, unique." When a person is Saved, they are the son or daughter of God, and angels are called the sons of God, but only Christ was the "only begotten Son." He was the unique Son of God.

In Matthew, he traces the lineage of Christ through his adopted father, Joseph and through Solomon, King David's son. But in Luke, Luke traces the lineage through King David's son, Nathan. Apparantly Joseph's lineage went through Solomon, and Mary's lineage went through Nathan.

Jesus was not the son of Joseph, he was the only begotten Son of God. One of Joseph's ancestors, Jeconiah(Matthew 1:11) was also known as Coniah. In Jeremiah 22:24-30, the LORD said that "...no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah." This was said about the descendants of Jeconiah/Coniah. If Jesus had been the actual son of Joseph, then he could not reign as King, as he will. He is the KING OF KINGS. Had he been the biological son of Joseph, he could not fulfil this. But praise God, he is The Only Begotton Son of God!
( got this from all experts.com)
Rom.8:38,39-For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither heigth nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I AM the VOICE of REASON and SANITY around here!

I am now on FB and on the AFF's on FB!
Old 05-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
That is why the wording is there BOTH are Mary.
Both cannot possibly be Mary as the names are different. I have heard that one is Mary and one is Joseph, but since lineage was always though the male, Joseph was inserted instead of Mary.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkstokes View Post
In the Jewsih society the legal rights of a family came from the father. Although Joseph was his legal father, he was not His biological father. The reason why the lineage of Joseph is cited in the gospel of Matthew because the book of Matthew is written to the Jews. Thus, it had to be proven according to Jewish tradition that Jesus was of descent legally of David.
Mary was also a descendant of David in her lineage, if her's is one of those listed in the Bible.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkstokes View Post
In the Jewsih society the legal rights of a family came from the father. Although Joseph was his legal father, he was not His biological father. The reason why the lineage of Joseph is cited in the gospel of Matthew because the book of Matthew is written to the Jews. Thus, it had to be proven according to Jewish tradition that Jesus was of descent legally of David.
That is so.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAngel View Post
hope this helps H1

But in Luke chapter 3:23-38, the lineage appears to be traced through Mary. When it says, "...Joseph, who was the son of Heli,...", many believe that he is actually the son-in-law of Heli. Many believe that Heli was the father of Mary, and since Joseph married Mary, you could call Heli Joseph's father. Many people call their father-in-laws or mother-in-laws, "father", or "mother." This view, that the phrase here, "son of Heli", is in reference to him being the son-in-law of Heli, is supported by linguistic and historical evidence and is held by many students of The Bible. Not only that, but in verse 38, it says that Adam was the son of God. God did not father Adam, but he formed him. So we know that their are different ways in which "son" can be used. When the term "only begotten Son" is used in John 3:16, talking about Jesus Christ; we can tell that this is different from just the regular term of son. This is God's "only begotten Son." It has a special meaning. It is the Greek word, monogenes. It means "one and only, unique." When a person is Saved, they are the son or daughter of God, and angels are called the sons of God, but only Christ was the "only begotten Son." He was the unique Son of God.

In Matthew, he traces the lineage of Christ through his adopted father, Joseph and through Solomon, King David's son. But in Luke, Luke traces the lineage through King David's son, Nathan. Apparantly Joseph's lineage went through Solomon, and Mary's lineage went through Nathan.

Jesus was not the son of Joseph, he was the only begotten Son of God. One of Joseph's ancestors, Jeconiah(Matthew 1:11) was also known as Coniah. In Jeremiah 22:24-30, the LORD said that "...no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah." This was said about the descendants of Jeconiah/Coniah. If Jesus had been the actual son of Joseph, then he could not reign as King, as he will. He is the KING OF KINGS. Had he been the biological son of Joseph, he could not fulfil this. But praise God, he is The Only Begotton Son of God!
Thanks, AA. I've heard that as well.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAngel View Post
hope this helps H1

Again this is so.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Rom.8:38,39-For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither heigth nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I AM the VOICE of REASON and SANITY around here!

I am now on FB and on the AFF's on FB!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

It is not God's will for any to perish if absolute predstination is correct,then you have people being borned who cannot be saved.Man can decide to believe on Christ or reject Him.
Yes I know a person must be drawn by the Spirit before they can repent, and yes Grace is soverign but I can't see God predestinating someone to be eternally lost.
And no the serpent didn't get Eve hot.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Jesus is the Christ

What I find funny is that DV hasn't even voted for his own doctrine. In fact, no one has voted and said that they think it is biblical truth.
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 05-28-2008, 07:48 PM

I'm still waiting for Elder Epley or Dr. Vaughn to tell me where this terminology of a blood cell and the doctrine taught using said terminology spawns from ... there is no such biblical teaching on it ....

Dr. Vaughn, you went on a tirade about the term "drunk in the Spirit" ... yet commend brother Branahm for a term and subsequent teaching that has no biblical or scientific backing.