Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Lugar Defeated in IN; Tea Party Alive & Well

In spite of the declarations that the Tea Party is dead and is a non factor in 2012 just a year and a half removed from the biggest turnover in Congressional election history in 2010, Richard Lugar, an inside the beltway career Republican, was defeated by Tea Party candidate Robert Mourdock. Mourdock's campaign underscored Lugar's support of citizenship for some illegal immigrants and his confirmation votes of Obama Supreme Court nominees Sotomayor and Kagen.

Most Americans are center-right. These kinds of signs should make Obama feel ominous about November.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Re: Lugar Defeated in IN; Tea Party Alive & Well

There is hope!
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 05-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

db, every little political event is an ominous sign for obama's defeat. come november, you may have a lot of back pedaling and retractions to make.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

DM, I can't lose. If Obama loses, my predictions about his doomed campaign will be vindicated. If Obama wins, I will have four more years to remind you all that I told you so. But, if he wins, we all lose, and I have no joy in the idea of history proving to all that his policies are failed ideas that will push our economy to the brink, not to mention Supreme Court and judiciary appointees, loading up the bench with liberal, non constitutional judges, as well as growing the government to unsustainable proportions. It's been said that those of us make BO out to be the "boogeyman". That trivialization of our concerns and fears about the wrong man having the kind of power a president has seems almost deliberate. In almost every category this nation is on the wrong track, and reasonable, logical, thoughtful people seem to put their fingers in their ears and sing la-la-la-la in face of the facts.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Not riding the train

You will like this article, DB.

Quote:
Moderate Republicans Fall Away in the Senate

The bigger story here, however, is that Mr. Lugar is the latest in a long line of relatively moderate Republican senators to meet an electoral demise. In fact, most moderate Republicans who served in the Senate just a few years ago will no longer be in the Congress when it meets again 2013. This is quite simple to illustrate:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...er=rss&emc=rss