Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Apostolic Articles
Facebook

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Don't Own Matthew 28:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by layman316 View Post
Please show in Scripture where the Father or the Holy Spirit were called by the name "Jesus."
Sounds a lot like the whole "show me where Jesus was ever called God" crowd.

I'm sure you believe that just because Jesus wasn't called God that doesn't mean he is not God.

In other words, just because the bible doesn't say the name of the Father or the Holy Spirit is Jesus doesn't mean it's not. Now please understand I'm not saying it actually is, I'm just here pointing out why your argument against it is flawed.

Last edited by jfrog; 01-26-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:29 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Re: Trinitarians Don't Own Matthew 28:19

Think of this. Near the end of his life and ministry, the APostle Paul made this prophetic warning of what was going to happen after his death:

Quote:
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. (Acts 20:28-30 KJV)
The Apostle Paul knew that after his death, men would arise and deceive the Church. We can tell such has happened and continues to happen. Jesus preserved His Word despite these attacks, and has continued to do so. Depending upon the writings of those who came after the writings of scripture is both pointless and heretical, especially when we can clearly see that such writings are contrary to Scripture.

The denominal world depends upon the "church fathers". I'll stick with what god has preserved, His Word.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify