Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-09-2020, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Re: Define "Futurism"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Future covenant? So the new covenant hasn't been instituted yet? You aren't actually in the new covenant now?

Amazing. Heretical, even. Folks, this is what futurism results in: a denial of the new covenant being in place.
So, if the new covenant is fully in place then that means the new heavens and the new earth is here as well? That would also mean the resurrection has been fulfilled? Your advocating for Christ being half completed. Ill break it down for you, hopefully there is hope for you.

Acts 1:5-8 KJVS
[5] For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. [6] When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? [7] And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. [8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

That power and witness is because of the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:1-5 KJVS
[1] And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. [5] And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

This was the start of the covenant, like you stated to 1 God, its to bring back the chosen people (Israel) to their relationship with Lord Jesus. Allow me to clarify, when the new heaven and the new earth is completed, (meaning it has not) the jews and gentiles will rule as one in the new covenant. If it has been completed, then I’m sorry to say, this isn’t the covenant I was expecting.

Revelation 21:1-3 KJVS
[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. [2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. [3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

This is when the fulfillment will be completed.

Revelation 22:1-7 KJVS
[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. [2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. [3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: [4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. [5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. [6] And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. [7] Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

And this is the blessing of the New Covenant.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No one? Fascinating....
I read in previous threads about your understanding of Heaven, in relation to Lord Jesus being the only human there, do you still believe that? Because if thats the case, then believe it or not, we’re more in common than you either realize or want to admit. You don’t believe the resurrection happened, do you? Your past statements declare you believe in the future completion of the New Covenant. So, I would appreciate if you wouldn’t pretend to be something your not!
Old 09-09-2020, 10:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
I read in previous threads about your understanding of Heaven, in relation to Lord Jesus being the only human there, do you still believe that? Because if thats the case, then believe it or not, we’re more in common than you either realize or want to admit. You don’t believe the resurrection happened, do you? Your past statements declare you believe in the future completion of the New Covenant. So, I would appreciate if you wouldn’t pretend to be something your not!
Oh, you'd appreciate that?

Good grief where do these people come from?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-09-2020, 01:09 PM
New User

Quote:
Oh, you'd appreciate that?

Good grief where do these people come from?
Some of you wanted new people
Old 09-09-2020, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Why are all the futurists on AFF this ridiculous? Are there no futurists who aren't completely out in left field?
No.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Some of you wanted new people
Have people fled this forum? Why is that?
Old 09-09-2020, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
So, if the new covenant is fully in place then that means the new heavens and the new earth is here as well? That would also mean the resurrection has been fulfilled? Your advocating for Christ being half completed. Ill break it down for you, hopefully there is hope for you.

Acts 1:5-8 KJVS
[5] For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. [6] When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? [7] And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. [8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

That power and witness is because of the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:1-5 KJVS
[1] And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. [5] And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

This was the start of the covenant, like you stated to 1 God, its to bring back the chosen people (Israel) to their relationship with Lord Jesus. Allow me to clarify, when the new heaven and the new earth is completed, (meaning it has not) the jews and gentiles will rule as one in the new covenant. If it has been completed, then I’m sorry to say, this isn’t the covenant I was expecting.

Revelation 21:1-3 KJVS
[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. [2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. [3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

This is when the fulfillment will be completed.

Revelation 22:1-7 KJVS
[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. [2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. [3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: [4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. [5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. [6] And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. [7] Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

And this is the blessing of the New Covenant.
Actually, the new covenant is the millennial reign of Jesus Christ. We are in a "partial" mode of that covenant as "hitch hikers" that God picked up on the side of life's road. There are not multiple covenants.(one for everyone, then another for future Israel). We are in their future covenant, but only looking at it through a dark glass. It is obscured to us right now. The first prophecy of the millennial covenant was in Gen 3:15, when satan will be bound(kicked in the head) and banished from human influence unlike as we see today.

Last edited by 1 God; 09-09-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:13 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
Have people fled this forum? Why is that?
They got tired of explaining things to people that suffer from cognitive dissonance.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
They got tired of explaining things to people that suffer from cognitive dissonance.
That's funny.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
Actually, the new covenant is the millennial reign of Jesus Christ. We are in a "partial" mode of that covenant as "hitch hikers" that God picked up on the side of life's road. There are not multiple covenants.(one for everyone, then another for future Israel). We are in their future covenant, but only looking at it through a dark glass. It is obscured to us right now. The first prophecy of the millennial covenant was in Gen 3:15, when satan will be bound(kicked in the head) and banished from human influence unlike as we see today.
Actually, the new covenant is the millennial reign of Jesus Christ.

This is an issue I have with this doctrine, I’m not saying you believe this yet, others I have talked believe Jesus Christ will reign in the future kingdom.

Matthew 28:18 KJVS
[18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Jesus has power, all power in fact right now. There is nothing lacking in his Spirit. To say, that Christ isn’t reigning is saying that he doesn’t process all power right now.

Where we get mixed up is, what is Heaven and what is Earth. Thats the debate that will have to be had in order to understand the rest of the story so to speak. If you believe Heaven and Earth was symbolic of the temple and Jerusalem, then you would understand that the church has replaced Jerusalem, and your body is now the temple in which the Spirit now lives. If your understanding is a physical Heaven and physical Earth, then I understand that your still waiting for this covenant to be fulfilled, or at the very least is put on pause.

The first prophecy of the millennial covenant was in Gen 3:15, when satan will be bound(kicked in the head) and banished from human influence unlike as we see today

I would suggest that you look into the difference between Gods people and the world. There has always been a difference between the chosen and those of the world. I would ask do you believe that Satan is bound in your life? So, many Christians have told me, they cant wait for Satan to be bound in their life. I thought that was the whole purpose for Jesus sending out the disciples 2x2 to show them the power they have through his name. There is no devil in hell that has power over you, you have the most powerful spirit in you.