Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Jekyll's Avatar
Jekyll Jekyll is offline
Communion at AFF


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,396
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
That's what I call a knock-out punch!
Anyone who thinks that Res 4 was about TV has no clue about organizational government.
__________________
"Some may call me foolish, some may call me odd; but I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man than a fool in the eyes of God..."
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 02-03-2008, 12:25 AM
bishoph's Avatar
bishoph bishoph is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 950
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
Sad part is...they will find some way to refute it...They will say Im a compromiser....that I water down my embalming fluids.......that I cut corners on my mouth glue....that I dont put on underwear....that I used too much make up!!!!
Your too funny......lol.

Not so sure it is a knock out punch!

The truth is, there are times that TV advertising works, (Your church is a good example) this is not, however, the statistical norm. Again this is not my opinion, it is soundly based on the research of respected church growth analysts such as Barna and company. (His research indicates that less than 1% of people attending any kind of religious institution are there directly or indirectly from TV.) We can all find someone that it works for, however, you cannot build a case on a very small sampling of churches, you must use the law of averages wisely.

For every 1 church you can find that it works for, the research/statistics will show 10 that it did not work for. Incidentally, advertising for a business does have a completely different set of statistics. I do not know if there have been any correlation studies done to see why it is effective for businesses and not for churches.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 02-03-2008, 01:34 AM
BoredOutOfMyMind's Avatar
BoredOutOfMyMind BoredOutOfMyMind is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In a cold dark cave.....
Posts: 4,624
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
Bro. Neckstadt. I enjoy many of your postings, got to disagree with you here though. The tithing thing is not a WPF created thing by any means. The UPCI has been doing this for many years. If you are a full-time minister in the UPCI in most districts you are required to pay tithes to the district.

As for the rest of your post on this subject I respect your attempt at sarcasm/satire lol.
I Tithe to my local church. I pay fees to District and National levels....

__________________
I am not a member here -Do not PM me please?
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 02-03-2008, 05:21 AM
scotty's Avatar
scotty scotty is offline
Renewed


 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,432
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
Your too funny......lol.

Not so sure it is a knock out punch!

The truth is, there are times that TV advertising works, (Your church is a good example) this is not, however, the statistical norm. Again this is not my opinion, it is soundly based on the research of respected church growth analysts such as Barna and company. (His research indicates that less than 1% of people attending any kind of religious institution are there directly or indirectly from TV.) We can all find someone that it works for, however, you cannot build a case on a very small sampling of churches, you must use the law of averages wisely.

For every 1 church you can find that it works for, the research/statistics will show 10 that it did not work for. Incidentally, advertising for a business does have a completely different set of statistics. I do not know if there have been any correlation studies done to see why it is effective for businesses and not for churches.
Impressive, didn't think anyone actually studied such data. You are correct. And so I will add, the number one media tool for the church is that very thing we are tapping on. A study poll of Ark, La, and Tx churches showed that 70% of those not already affiliated with a church will visit a churches website before going.
__________________
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter


www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 02-03-2008, 07:53 AM
StillStanding's Avatar
StillStanding StillStanding is offline
Beautiful are the feet......


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right...behind...you!
Posts: 6,600
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
Your too funny......lol.

Not so sure it is a knock out punch!

The truth is, there are times that TV advertising works, (Your church is a good example) this is not, however, the statistical norm. Again this is not my opinion, it is soundly based on the research of respected church growth analysts such as Barna and company. (His research indicates that less than 1% of people attending any kind of religious institution are there directly or indirectly from TV.) We can all find someone that it works for, however, you cannot build a case on a very small sampling of churches, you must use the law of averages wisely.

For every 1 church you can find that it works for, the research/statistics will show 10 that it did not work for. Incidentally, advertising for a business does have a completely different set of statistics. I do not know if there have been any correlation studies done to see why it is effective for businesses and not for churches.
I understand what you're saying, but should the rest snuff out the ONE church that is having success with TV?
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 02-03-2008, 08:00 AM
scotty's Avatar
scotty scotty is offline
Renewed


 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,432
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
I understand what you're saying, but should the rest snuff out the ONE church that is having success with TV?
Not at all
__________________
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter


www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 02-03-2008, 08:14 AM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,779
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
They just let you sin and lust in secret.
I think you missed the point that he was tic and said TV chat rooms!

However, your point is RIGHT on in regards to the internet!
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 02-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Monkeyman's Avatar
Monkeyman Monkeyman is offline
www.capitalcommunity.ca


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,300
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
Your too funny......lol.

Not so sure it is a knock out punch!

The truth is, there are times that TV advertising works, (Your church is a good example) this is not, however, the statistical norm. Again this is not my opinion, it is soundly based on the research of respected church growth analysts such as Barna and company. (His research indicates that less than 1% of people attending any kind of religious institution are there directly or indirectly from TV.) We can all find someone that it works for, however, you cannot build a case on a very small sampling of churches, you must use the law of averages wisely.

For every 1 church you can find that it works for, the research/statistics will show 10 that it did not work for. Incidentally, advertising for a business does have a completely different set of statistics. I do not know if there have been any correlation studies done to see why it is effective for businesses and not for churches.
Please give me Barna's stats on how many come in cuz they preach against watches????
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 02-03-2008, 08:49 AM
bishoph's Avatar
bishoph bishoph is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 950
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Well.............................since I don't preach against watches I haven't researched those stats. LOL The most important thing I can preach and teach is having a true relationship with Jesus Christ. If that is realized everything else will come in alignment with his principles and desires. I will say what he wants me to say, dress in a way that is pleasing to him, go where he wants me to go, act as he would have me to act, and love as he would love. All of this out of love/relationship not commandment!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
NLYP's Avatar
NLYP NLYP is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,593
Re: Concerning Tulsa, could sombody please answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
Your too funny......lol.

Not so sure it is a knock out punch!

The truth is, there are times that TV advertising works, (Your church is a good example) this is not, however, the statistical norm. Again this is not my opinion, it is soundly based on the research of respected church growth analysts such as Barna and company. (His research indicates that less than 1% of people attending any kind of religious institution are there directly or indirectly from TV.) We can all find someone that it works for, however, you cannot build a case on a very small sampling of churches, you must use the law of averages wisely.

For every 1 church you can find that it works for, the research/statistics will show 10 that it did not work for. Incidentally, advertising for a business does have a completely different set of statistics. I do not know if there have been any correlation studies done to see why it is effective for businesses and not for churches.
Brother...Humbly I as you this question......even if the "norm" is as you say.....was it not worth just one soul? or in the case of this church worth 300 souls? Did that make us compromisers??
The problem is we have created folks that are little pastoral robots....that have not been allowed think for themselves. Its time to go back to Holy Ghost and less pulpit.

The TV issue is ALL about control.....period. Its a pastoral mandate by a MINORITY of ministers that feel they must hold on to what they deem apostolic.
UGH....its so sad....
But back to my question.....JESUS risked losing his ENTIRE following by eating with sinners and meeting with a sinful women at the well....did he worry about the opinion of the following or the lost soul that needed him?

Could be he might have taught his followers...and knew they were big boys and girls...

So....he risked it all for one........

THATS why I am ANTI WPF....resolution 4 risked it all to say lets try to reach more folks.....

WPF says we did not get our way...our religious system is more valuable than the souls we could reach. With all the fussing of the followers....seems they might just need to grow up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I found the answer!! IBCrazier2 WPF News 11 01-31-2008 01:37 PM
Sombody post the Resolutions! Ferd Fellowship Hall 11 09-29-2007 01:08 AM
What Prayers WON'T God answer? Praxeas Deep Waters 18 09-26-2007 12:03 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by Aquila
- by Salome
- by n david

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.