Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:14 AM
Registered Member

Re: Fellowship with Other Church Organizations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I maintain the view you propose is far too unbalanced. Unhealthily so.
So how does your view stand up with what the Apostle Paul said by the Spirit?

Please tell us what Paul meant?

2 Thess 2:3

LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU BY ANY MEANS; for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first and that man of sin be revealed the son of perdition....
Old 11-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I maintain the view you propose is far too unbalanced. Unhealthily so.
What do you mean UNBALANCED? How can the truth be "balanced"?

Was Paul attempting to be BALANCED when he said:

Let no man DECEIVE you by any means, for THAT DAY shall not come except there come a falling away first and that man of sin be revealed the son of perdition. 2 Thess 2:3

Does not sound like God is concerned about BALANCE as much as he is about TRUTH.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

What do you mean UNBALANCED? How can the truth be "balanced"?

Was Paul attempting to be BALANCED when he said:

Let no man DECEIVE you by any means, for THAT DAY shall not come except there come a falling away first and that man of sin be revealed the son of perdition. 2 Thess 2:3

Does not sound like God is concerned about BALANCE as much as he is about TRUTH.
Truth is not unbalanced but people are unbalanced. To say we must understand prophecy correctly to be saved is a form of salvation by works. Something apart from the cross that saves us. Prophecy differs from acts 2:38 because it does not directly remit sins and save us.

What part does prophetic understanding of when Tribulation occurs hold in the work of God to remit our sins?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-17-2017, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

His NAME is Jesus!

Quote:
Truth is not unbalanced but people are unbalanced. To say we must understand prophecy
correctly to be saved is a form of salvation by works. Something apart from the cross that
saves us. Prophecy differs from acts 2:38 because it does not directly remit sins and save us.
What part does prophetic understanding of when Tribulation occurs hold in the work of God
to remit our sins?
Beloved, surely Truth is Truth: it can be denied and/or rejected, but it can never
be overcome.
Now this:
The Apostle John spoke to the church and described the three phases of the believer:
the children, the fathers, and the young men. Each has Truth in their own right.
But each has his own level of Truth. And each has to be ministered to in their personal
level of understanding. The Apostle Paul also wrote of this, calling those levels,
"...the perfection of the saints (fathers); the work of the ministry (young men);
and the edifying of the body of Christ" (children).

We have seen members (saints) who seem to be mature because of their age, but
are really very immature: and we have also seen members (saints) wise beyond their years.
It's the same in the natural world: children smoking, drinking and cursing like their fathers:
but nowhere close to maturity. Even so we must attempt to discern the members on
this forum: and judge their true [spiritual] age. Of course I am referring to the
saints who have attained the gospel that saves. Phe ineople who mouth Truth, are not equal
to them tha HAVE Truth! And there are some saints who could be influenced and are, "...as
the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the
simplicity that is in Christ."

Pray that the Lord gives us grace, to speak words to the edification for the church.

Brother Villa
Old 11-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Truth is not unbalanced but people are unbalanced. To say we must understand prophecy correctly to be saved is a form of salvation by works. Something apart from the cross that saves us. Prophecy differs from acts 2:38 because it does not directly remit sins and save us.

What part does prophetic understanding of when Tribulation occurs hold in the work of God to remit our sins?
Old 11-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So how does your view stand up with what the Apostle Paul said by the Spirit?

Please tell us what Paul meant?

2 Thess 2:3

LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU BY ANY MEANS; for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first and that man of sin be revealed the son of perdition....
Paul is simply saying don't let anyone fool you. Like the nuts and wackos who put dates on the end of the world or the rapture, Paul is telling his readers not to be troubled by those who do these kinds of things -- don't be fooled by them.

He's not giving a doctrinal or salvific command.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

He's not giving a doctrinal or salvific command.
How then can one identify a "doctrinal or salvific command"?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-17-2017, 10:49 AM
Covenant Apostolic

I think it is important not to get to the point where we don't agree with or fellowship with anyone because no one lines up with exactly what we believe.

Maybe I'm not entirely correct with my understanding of eschatology, Sabbath keeping, pagan church influences, standards, and who knows what else, should I then stay home and isolate myself? I think not.

I'm going to keep attending my local UPC, enjoying the presence of the Lord, and doing what I can for the Kingdom of God.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Just because Paul said we should not let anyone deceive by any means, does not mean correct understanding of prophecy saves us.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
His NAME is Jesus!

Beloved, surely Truth is Truth: it can be denied and/or rejected, but it can never
be overcome.
Now this:
The Apostle John spoke to the church and described the three phases of the believer:
the children, the fathers, and the young men. Each has Truth in their own right.
But each has his own level of Truth. And each has to be ministered to in their personal
level of understanding. The Apostle Paul also wrote of this, calling those levels,
"...the perfection of the saints (fathers); the work of the ministry (young men);
and the edifying of the body of Christ" (children).

We have seen members (saints) who seem to be mature because of their age, but
are really very immature: and we have also seen members (saints) wise beyond their years.
It's the same in the natural world: children smoking, drinking and cursing like their fathers:
but nowhere close to maturity. Even so we must attempt to discern the members on
this forum: and judge their true [spiritual] age. Of course I am referring to the
saints who have attained the gospel that saves. Phe ineople who mouth Truth, are not equal
to them tha HAVE Truth! And there are some saints who could be influenced and are, "...as
the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the
simplicity that is in Christ."

Pray that the Lord gives us grace, to speak words to the edification for the church.

Brother Villa
True, but how does that explain whether or not we must understand prophecy correctly to be saved?

Again, if prophetic understanding must be correct or else we are lost, then somehow key elements of prophetic understanding of the last days actually REMITS SIN!

Maybe you are implying you agree with me, and believe that three levels of maturity mean God has patience with us and expects us to row in all things, but yet we are saved throughout the growing process so long as we obeyed Acts 2:38. If so, amen!