Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Re: New Branhamite Church

He evangelizes where are you living now? I will pass it on to him.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Ok, we have a new prophet in the house... lol... Did I ever tell you where I'm now living brother???? lol
Old 05-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Ok, we have a new prophet in the house... lol... Did I ever tell you where I'm now living brother???? lol

Dr Vaughn,

There's a question for you over in the "Spiritual Marriage" thread!

Nina
Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

All of the Branham bunch around here are pretty different. I've dealt with a lot at work, school, etc. Overall they are nice and polite but they really keep to themselves and don't discuss church stuff at all. One time after I first got into Pentecost I asked one of them some things b/c I thought they were costals or something but she was very tight lipped about it. I just remember her saying that one might would think they were Pentecostal at times but they did not believe in some of our worship practices. In fact most of them here get offended if someone calls them Pentecostal. The women wear their hair either up in an old fashioned type do or streaming down their back. You don't see them with hot rolled or permed hair. Not a stitch of makeup either. They also wear very loose fitted clothes, usually a-line skirts that don't conform to them. I've seen some 20 year old girls that looked 35 due to their hairstyle/clothes. But they will usually have on a necklace, bracelet, or several rings...no earrings though. They are ok with this b/c William B preached a message one time that he figured it was okay if a man wanted to buy a simple necklace or something for his wife.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

i think i spoke too soon. i checked out that website of the church in question and some of them make the ones around here look like supermodels. maybe louisiana is liberal among pentecostals and conservative among branhamites. loL!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 AM
SSBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The exact quote was "a walking sexual garbage can."
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...1&postcount=58
Old 07-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Just4Him

A family member married a person that ended up going back to his Branham roots. The son of William Branham continued to run the "church" in the Jeffersonville, Indiana area.

The goal was to evangelize the world with the doctrines of Branham through his audio tapes and books. The money raised sent Branhams message around the world. Their meetings consisted of listening to his tapes and discussion groups of the doctrine. Branham professed to be the only true prophet of God according to what I read in his book. Very sad.

Once, I heard Rev Stoneking speak of an encounter with Wm. Branham when he was still within the ranks of the UPC. He was on the platform with him and he talked about his mind control abilities. Telling Bro. Stoneking that he could make an audience member react as he wished. That was not the Holy Ghost working through him, as he took full credit.

Thankfully, the Holy Ghost is alive and well. Branham died in a car crash (I believe) in 1968 or thereabout.

Last edited by Just4Him; 07-02-2008 at 01:14 AM. Reason: improper grammer
Old 07-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Him View Post
A family member married a person that ended up going back to his Branham roots. The son of William Branham continued to run the "church" in the Jeffersonville, Indiana area.

The goal was to evangelize the world with the doctrines of Branham through his audio tapes and books. The money raised sent Branhams message around the world. Their meetings consisted of listening to his tapes and discussion groups of the doctrine. Branham professed to be the only true prophet of God according to what I read in his book. Very sad.

Once, I heard Rev Stoneking speak of an encounter with Wm. Branham when he was still within the ranks of the UPC. He was on the platform with him and he talked about his mind control abilities. Telling Bro. Stoneking that he could make an audience member react as he wished. That was not the Holy Ghost working through him, as he took full credit.

Thankfully, the Holy Ghost is alive and well. Branham died in a car crash (I believe) in 1968 or thereabout.
I will wire you $1,000 to your bank account the very SECOND you can prove that such a statement was ever made by William Branham.... and by the way Branham was never in the UPC... so your story starts off wrong... but the offer stands..... either prove it or repent for saying it
Old 10-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

There is no proof to the storyyou relate concerning Bro Stoneking and Bro. Branham. and as for the son of William Branham continuing to run the chruch in Jeffersonville In. Again you are wrong.. Ormand Nevell was the Pastor when Bro Branham was killed..(it was 1965). When Bro Nevell died, Bro Willard Collins was elected pastor and is still pastor today.

The people that follow the bible teaching of Bro. Branham are not much different than most holiness pentecostal people. BTW, I wonder why the comment of the branhams being scary keeps coming up...what is scary about people that believe the whole bible and do there best to live it? Believe it or not we are not a group of David Koreshes or Jim Jones....we love life and live it for Christ. Yes we have different opinion and even doctines amoung us, but then so do the pentecostals (I was raise pentecostal).

Are we saved? yes I belive we are...we are trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ for our salvation...not a man, and not an organization. We see the teachings of the bible different than others, but we serve a risen Savior, Jesus Christ.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Registered Member

The misinformation one can get about William Branham from the uninformed is incredible. On this page alone, I find several errors. Bro. Branham's recorded tapes are closer to 1100 not 100. He did not say women were "walking sexual garbage cans" (NOT an exact quote as stated) but rather an IMMORAL woman was a "human garbage can." There was a time that many "Holiness Preachers" made statements similar to that. He certainly did not preach any message called a "Rib Message."

By his own words, he did not consider himself Oneness or Trinitarian, even though he preached One God manifested in three dispensational offices.

I just thought I should make an attempt to correct the record. (In a good attitude, of course.) :-)