Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 04-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

I WOULDNT MAKE FUNN OF ANYONE ,WHO HAD CONVICTIONS ,AND LIVED THEM .
i simply dont go to water parks myself.. i dont want to see all that ,,
yall go ahead and have your fun ,, god will have his say one day!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorrick1959 View Post
I WOULDNT MAKE FUNN OF ANYONE ,WHO HAD CONVICTIONS ,AND LIVED THEM .
i simply dont go to water parks myself.. i dont want to see all that ,,
yall go ahead and have your fun ,, god will have his say one day!
OK!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Wow!!! I am sorry if I offended anyone with my thoughts.(Remember....there my thoughts)
Mrs. B. I was not trying to be ugly about the whole swimsuit issus. My wife wears a
bathing suit and a coverup when we go to the beach or water park.

I would never make fun of someone in trying to be modest, and have fun with their
family.

If they believe(or have convictions????) about dress code......They should not be
at an water park anyway.

But come on now...............putting a plastic bag over you on a water ride....are you
grinning just a little?..............or fully dressed at a water park.........For God sakes, you
will drown!!!

Take care my friend............leave those bags at home. LOL......

Oh, and for the record. Those folks with the bags over thier body on the ride....
I know them well...........My wife grew up in church with them........They go to a very
conserative church in MS.

I have played for their choir before...............

Last edited by POWERUP; 04-30-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

For whatever weird reason, I was thinking about this thread when I woke up this morning. I tend to do that a lot. I'm strange.

Anyway, the brilliant thought that was banging around in my brain is this:

It's not how much skin you have covered that makes people stare and think you're weird. It just comes down to appropriate and inappropriate attire. You could wear a wet suit which covers you from your wrists, to your neck, to your ankles. Wear that at the ocean, and no one will give you a second glance. Wear a three-piece suit and tie, and jump in, and everyone's eyes will bug out. Wear a three-piece suit and tie to Six Flags and people will do a double take. Wear jeans and a t-shirt to Six Flags, and no one will notice you're there. It's not the amount of skin that's 'not' showing, it's just that some attire has specific uses, and if you wear it to a place where it doesn't 'suit the occasion', people will notice.

I wouldn't wear a prom dress to go hiking, and I wouldn't wear hiking boots and denim to the prom. We have attire that we think is appropriate for certain occasions.

So, MissB, I doubt that very many people find it odd when you and your daughters wear long swim shorts and rash guard shirts. That's appropriate attire for the water. But denim does get glances because everyone knows how heavy it gets in water, plus most people think it's weird to swim in everyday clothes.

Of course it's a free country, and we can all do what we want. As a matter of fact, I was wading in a stream just a few days ago, in a jean skirt. I didn't care what anyone thought at the time. But, there's no sense in denying that some people might think it's weird, and for good reason. Not because too much skin was covered, and they think that's strange.... no, just because it's not appropriate attire for the occasion.

Last edited by *AQuietPlace*; 04-30-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Wink Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Well Spoken.........................I agree to the fullest.

Kinda remins me of when people try to make a argument about standards and dress
codes. They say things like................even the people at mcdonalds where a uniform!

You are right. But I betcha they don't wear it swimming.............unless...............lol...
Old 04-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Skylar and Smith Family-0011.jpgMy Pride and Joy at the Beach last summer...................Yep, I keep my gun cleaned!!Lol..
Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Smile Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
For whatever weird reason, I was thinking about this thread when I woke up this morning. I tend to do that a lot. I'm strange.

Anyway, the brilliant thought that was banging around in my brain is this:

It's not how much skin you have covered that makes people stare and think you're weird. It just comes down to appropriate and inappropriate attire. You could wear a wet suit which covers you from your wrists, to your neck, to your ankles. Wear that at the ocean, and no one will give you a second glance. Wear a three-piece suit and tie, and jump in, and everyone's eyes will bug out. Wear a three-piece suit and tie to Six Flags and people will do a double take. Wear jeans and a t-shirt to Six Flags, and no one will notice you're there. It's not the amount of skin that's 'not' showing, it's just that some attire has specific uses, and if you wear it to a place where it doesn't 'suit the occasion', people will notice.

I wouldn't wear a prom dress to go hiking, and I wouldn't wear hiking boots and denim to the prom. We have attire that we think is appropriate for certain occasions.

So, MissB, I doubt that very many people find it odd when you and your daughters wear long swim shorts and rash guard shirts. That's appropriate attire for the water. But denim does get glances because everyone knows how heavy it gets in water, plus most people think it's weird to swim in everyday clothes.

Of course it's a free country, and we can all do what we want. As a matter of fact, I was wading in a stream just a few days ago, in a jean skirt. I didn't care what anyone thought at the time. But, there's no sense in denying that some people might think it's weird, and for good reason. Not because too much skin was covered, and they think that's strange.... no, just because it's not appropriate attire for the occasion.
Completely agree with this - nothing to add to it!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 AM
GET IT RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERUP View Post
Mrs. B,

I thought that was aimed at me. You said yourself it was more offensive if someone jumped in a lake with thier regular clothes!!!

So why get on a log ride and not want to get wet!!!!!

Just like last year when we were at the local water park, and this family came in
and got on all the rides in jeans and skirts!!! You look stupid!!! Go home and play in
the shower!!

You not Holy!Your ignorant!!
Once again, we have an example of a "LIB" bashing, judging, criticizing and condemning those whose "christian practices and beliefs" don't line up with their personal preferences or beliefs.

Any empathy that I used to have for LIBS who were/are bashed, judged, criticized and condemned by conservatives, is pretty much GONE.

LIBS whine about how CONS treat them and then turn around and do the exact same things that they whine about.

If anything is IGNORANT, its the above!

If anything is IGNORANT, its running around showing off uglified body parts in a public place! Save it for home! Save it for the bedroom and your husband if you have one. I don't personally want to see those ugly legs sticking out of those shorts nor watch you try to PULL DOWN the legs of those shorts after they are wet and clinging and riding up your backside!

Talk about IGNORANT!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

(laughing) you know timmy, my wife has (2) of these and I think she's cute in them. Just sayin'....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Are you kidding? You can see her SHAPE! Wow!

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-30-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRev View Post
Once again, we have an example of a "LIB" bashing, judging, criticizing and condemning those whose "christian practices and beliefs" don't line up with their personal preferences or beliefs.

Any empathy that I used to have for LIBS who were/are bashed, judged, criticized and condemned by conservatives, is pretty much GONE.

LIBS whine about how CONS treat them and then turn around and do the exact same things that they whine about.

If anything is IGNORANT, its the above!

If anything is IGNORANT, its running around showing off uglified body parts in a public place! Save it for home! Save it for the bedroom and your husband if you have one. I don't personally want to see those ugly legs sticking out of those shorts nor watch you try to PULL DOWN the legs of those shorts after they are wet and clinging and riding up your backside!
Talk about IGNORANT!
Not all of us have ugly legs.....