Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:28 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: SCOTUS Rulings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I only went to the extreme after asking, where does it end?
No, I think you went to the extreme when you talked about eating cheerios naked with your not-wife.

This was you being hyperbolic and not even addressing the very issue I brought up. Like a typical leftist, you want to control the dialogue and the narrative, and don't want to address a comment that actually contains a valid counter-point to yours.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

The SCOTUS gave us a little hint of how they might rule in a "fair" case.
However, they took the easy way out which was provided for them by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission.
The hint came in where they were talking about compelled speech. If the store was selling tires, which were already made and just waiting to be sold, then there would have been no reason (except for discrimination) to withhold the sale/service.
However, since the cake was still to be made and it would be uniquely created, it would be compelled speech to force Jack to do something against his religious code.
Sort of like hiring a group of Orthodox Jewish Musicians and forcing them to sing Christian Songs.
I would suggest all of you go and read the SCOTUS transcript of this case.
It is not that long and is rather interesting.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
There's already laws against homicide! Why do we need yet more laws? What is with the left and wanting more and more laws, when we already have laws that deal with the problems which often aren't enforced currently anyway?!

You also keep skipping over the hyperbolic jump from artistry to homicide.
It's not just homicide with which we have to be concerned about-- but will you please explain again your "artistry" slant?
Old 06-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonwas View Post
I do agree with you on that, perhaps my
For this reason I seek as little law, and as little gooberment as is absolutely neccessary- allowing the non- agression principle as the primary directive for governance.
The primary directive for governance is for rulers to serve in the fear of the Lord. "Anarcho capitalism" is a form of idolatry, as it seeks to dethrone God from His rightful place as Supreme Magistrate over all others. King of kings and Lord of lords, and all that.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-08-2018, 02:00 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
It's not just homicide with which we have to be concerned about-- but will you please explain again your "artistry" slant?
*sigh*

Quote:
Here's the thing, if they had come in to buy a pre-made cake and just decorated it themselves, there wouldn't have been an issue. That they wanted a new cake made to their exact specifications, means they're asking the owner of the business to use their artistic talent, in order to make something that celebrates a lifestyle which is in direct opposition to said owners beliefs.

Imagine going to a Muslim or Jewish bakery and asking them to make a cake with a pig on the top, and writing "I love bacon" around it. Shouldn't they have the right to refuse that, due to their dietary and religious beliefs? This case is no different. They weren't asking them to just sell them a cake, they were asking an artist to use their talents in violation of their beliefs. That's why this is wrong.
Gee, I'm so glad people take time to read a thread before responding.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
No, I think you went to the extreme when you talked about eating cheerios naked with your not-wife.
Aaaaaand…. you just went personal. This forum needs to be regulated, I mean, where's the admin? I pray you do know, more people down through history have been married without a statist marriage license than with one. So, I guess me and my "non-wife" are in good company.

Of course, statists like you typically think the state must legislate every human decision known to man...unless it gives you the power to discriminate.

And I've provided plenty of links, references, etc. pointing to this growing trend in conservatism. Of course, you don't believe God alone unites a man and woman. You believe He needs Caesar to unite a man and woman. That's what these conservatives are standing against.

Quote:
This was you being hyperbolic and not even addressing the very issue I brought up. Like a typical leftist, you want to control the dialogue and the narrative, and don't want to address a comment that actually contains a valid counter-point to yours.
Ummmm… go back and read my responses. I shared my concerns with what you posted. I only asked, where does it end? Aaaaannnnd…. you still refusing to answer, in addition to going personal.

And no matter how logical any question is asked from this point, you'll obsess over eating breakfast naked and a hyperbolic statement to keep from having to have actual dialogue.

I expected you to laugh at my question about a medic refusing to treat a gay person, and then answer the question. Not go personal.

I think if I ever own a business... no Apostolics will be served because you guys have become utterly offensive to my sensibilities. You guys have turned the entire movement into a den of vipers where friendly conversation of differing views cannot be had. I took a few days away from this place and talked with rational people. Not all agreed with me, but they were far friendlier than so many here. I think I'll leave for another few days. No biggie. I'm weening myself off this place. No decent conversation can be had anyway.

Oh well, I expected a rational conversation. I was wrong again.

Last edited by Aquila; 06-08-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think I'll leave for another few days. No biggie. I'm weening myself off this place. No decent conversation can be had anyway.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Yep, clearly you've become the very example of balanced maturity in adult discussion.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Aaaaaand…. you just went personal. This forum needs to be regulated, I mean, where's the admin? I pray you do know, more people down through history have been married without a statist marriage license than with one. So, I guess me and my "non-wife" are in good company.

Of course, statists like you typically think the state must legislate every human decision known to man...unless it gives you the power to discriminate.

And I've provided plenty of links, references, etc. pointing to this growing trend in conservatism. Of course, you don't believe God alone unites a man and woman. You believe He needs Caesar to unite a man and woman. That's what these conservatives are standing against.

Ummmm… go back and read my responses. I shared my concerns with what you posted. I only asked, where does it end? Aaaaannnnd…. you still refusing to answer, in addition to going personal.

And no matter how logical any question is asked from this point, you'll obsess over eating breakfast naked and a hyperbolic statement to keep from having to have actual dialogue.

I expected you to laugh at my question about a medic refusing to treat a gay person, and then answer the question. Not go personal.

I think if I ever own a business... no Apostolics will be served because you guys have become utterly offensive to my sensibilities. You guys have turned the entire movement into a den of vipers where friendly conversation of differing views cannot be had. I took a few days away from this place and talked with rational people. Not all agreed with me, but they were far friendlier than so many here. I think I'll leave for another few days. No biggie. I'm weening myself off this place. No decent conversation can be had anyway.

Oh well, I expected a rational conversation. I was wrong again.
A - I think you are responding because you feel you were personally attacked.
And it is a little over the top response.
Well, no, it is a lot over the top.
Sort of like the "shaking the dust of this forum off my feet" response.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yep, clearly you've become the very example of balanced maturity in adult discussion.
Quote:
Aaaaaand…. you just went personal.
Irony: Dude "going personal" right after complaining about someone "going personal" against him.