Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Irvin Baxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael the disciple View Post
i see.....
אז תגידי לי
Old 09-22-2018, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Why are you doing this? Where did Mike disrespect you? He is asking you a question concerning clarification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Uh how can you call that the first resurrection when John calls what he saw IN THE FUTURE....the first resurrection? Rev 20:5. Are you saying John was wrong?

It was a response to a earlier contention. I wouldn't have pulled that out of the blue. I did address his contention and moved on with the discussion.

Job 35:4 (KJV) I will answer thee, and thy companions with thee.

Selah
Old 09-22-2018, 04:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post

It was a response to a earlier contention. I wouldn't have pulled that out of the blue. I did address his contention and moved on with the discussion.

Job 35:4 (KJV) I will answer thee, and thy companions with thee.

Selah
I went back and read what you both posted, and I can't see where Mike disrespected you? Maybe you aren't understanding his position. Only Jesus has immortality, meaning everyone who ever died from Adam to the present are currently in a soul sleep until judgement.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
I went back and read what you both posted, and I can't see where Mike disrespected you? Maybe you aren't understanding his position. Only Jesus has immortality, meaning everyone who ever died from Adam to the present are currently in a soul sleep until judgement.
I pointed out in my last comment that when you start a sentence with "Uh" it can denote one mocking or being offended by your premise. You can use "Uh" in the midst of one's speech as a pause or as signifying confusion of the speaker. I also noted that clarification when I first addressed this point.

I understand his position and if you read my response then you know that I disagree with his contention. I believe that after Christ resurrected in Matthew 27:52-53; the Faithful from the Old Testament saints resurrected, while the wicked stayed in Sheol.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The Faithful of the New Covenant will be a progression of the first resurrection; but we must sleep first, just as those of the Faithful from previous covenants. My contention is Christ fulfilled the atonement for all of the faithful saints in the past. They now could be filled with the His Spirit and be with the Lord as Ezekiel prophesied. The Old Covenant is completed, but is still our example being a type and shadow of the New Covenant.

1Timothy 6:16 (KJV) Who only hath immortality (G110), dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Strong's G110 athanasía; from a compound of G1 (as a negative particle) and G2288; deathlessness: immortality, undying, everlasting.

As far as his contention that only Christ has immortality, he is taking 1 Timothy 6:16 out of context. Just as our Heavenly Father has the self existence within himself, He has now given Christ existence within himself. Christ is one with the pure light of the spirit of God who is immortal.

1Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen

The scriptures verify that his contentions are inaccurate about immortality. They clearly teach that we will be like unto him by attaining a incorruptible body.

1Corinthians 15:53 (KJV) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality(G110). 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, (G110) then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

There are several Greek words that convey immortality, but consistent with the same message for those who patiently wait upon our Messiah.

Romans 2:7 (KJV) To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality (G861), eternal life.

Strong's G861 aphtharsía; from G862; incorruptibility; genitive, unending existence; (figuratively) genuineness:immortality, incorruption, sincerity.

Corinthians confirms that those who are in the flesh are corruptible, but the resurrected saints put on incorruption or immortality.

1Corithians 15:42(KJV) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption (G861).

I knew exactly what his contentions were, but it did not match the hope that we all have in Christ. Our Father fulfilled his promises to the ancient saints when Christ said it is finished. As they went on to receive their rewards; after their wait, we wait on the promises given to us by our Saviour.

2 Timothy 1:10 (KJV) But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality (G861) to light through the gospel.

Selah
Old 09-23-2018, 01:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

In Matthew 27:53 the many who came out of their tombs who went into the city went back to their tombs? Therefore it was a temporary resurrection?
Old 09-23-2018, 01:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

With the above book get a free copy of this....

Old 09-23-2018, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
In Matthew 27:53 the many who came out of their tombs who went into the city went back to their tombs? Therefore it was a temporary resurrection?
I see no where in scripture that supports your contention of the resurrected saints going back to their graves. Others may take peoples word for it, but I will stick to the scriptures.

Matthew 27:51 (KJV) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Selah

Last edited by CalledOut238; 09-23-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The scripture does seem to imply that it was temporary.

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Appeared seems to imply a once and done type of situation. It doesn’t say they went into Jerusalem and lived among them?
Old 09-23-2018, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Appeared seems to imply a once and done type of situation. It doesn’t say they went into Jerusalem and lived among them?

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

But they did go into the Holy City; Jerusalem, as a testimony that Christ is the resurrection and life. This was the Love of God still reaching for the children of Israel. The word appeared (G1718) only conveys they manifested or showed themselves. The question? Is this the resurrection of the Old Testament Saints who waited for their Messiah to come?

Strong's G1718: emphanízō; from G1717; to exhibit (in person) or disclose (by words):—appear, declare (plainly), inform, (will) manifest, shew, signify

Yes, this was a singular event and they appeared for a short period of time. I had addressed this in an earlier post. How that would be contrary to a teaching of the Messiah in the parable of the rich man and beggar if it were to warn people. If these people just visited their relatives to warn or extol the Kingdom of God; then walked back to their graves, that would be a conflict of scriptures found in Luke. If they lived for years afterwards then there would be a tremendous amount documentation of their testimonies.

Being a singular event does not diminish the teaching that the promises given to the faithful of the Old Testament were fulfilled by Christ declaring it is finished. And second the coming of Christ will finalize him gathering the saints of the new covenant.

If they couldn't warn their kinsmen; then went back to their graves, then what was the point?

John 11:25 (KJV) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.

Selah
Old 09-23-2018, 07:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post

You are saying that they walked up to those who would recognize them and said hello. Then turned around and walked back to their tombs? Or if a topic has nothing to do with tithing you basically have little to add?