Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I have been checking in on the thread, and praying. we are still praying for you guys.

If you dont mind my asking where is the hospital? you can PM me. I am in Dallas.

I dont mind you asking at all.. She is at Presby Plano Carol Ward is her name. She is currently in CCU

Thanks for the prayers
Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

Things havent changed much. She is opening her eyes some but that is about it. My dad ran me and hubby and the kids off for the night.. He wants to come home and sleep tomorrow so he wants me to sleep tonight so he can be home and me at the hospital some tomorrow. (I think that made sense i feel so redundant redundant tonight I dont know LOL)

I went in and said by to her and she opened her eyes and kind of scoweled at me and I asked what was wrong and she gave me a "where do you think you are going look" I told her the nurse had run me off and dad had helped but I would be back by 7 am she grinned and you could hear a slight chuckle.

I told her you all were praying and she smiled... earlier today. she is very grateful.

I sat down tonight and told her that if she could live thru something as harsh as her leg literally exploding 2 yrs ago and nearly bleading to death in our garage then she could live thru this it was much less tramatic than the other. She shook her head and grinned and right after that is when she told me she was too mean to die... so I think we will get thru this.. Off course someone may have to remind me I said this tomrrow when things are looking bad...

Hugs to all of you and I will talk to you when I wake up!

God bless
Theresa
Old 02-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

AG, The first thing I did when I got up this morning was to check in here and see how things are going. I went to bed praying for your mom and woke up praying.

Do you mind if I ask: How old is your Mom? And is she saved? (that's the most important question!)
Old 02-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Praying AG for you and your Mom.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Administrator

AG,

I just wanted to let you know I am still praying for your mom.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
AG, The first thing I did when I got up this morning was to check in here and see how things are going. I went to bed praying for your mom and woke up praying.

Do you mind if I ask: How old is your Mom? And is she saved? (that's the most important question!)
Thank you Margie! She is 61 and yes she is saved
Old 02-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

cc1 esther and everyone else thank you again for the prayers. Things have not changed this morning. I am back at the hospital and will let you know if there is any change.

Hugs,
T
Old 02-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Ok Immediately after posting my last post my dad came and got me to go back into the CCU... I went in to find my mother totally awake and alert! She is fussing with everyone and everything... {I want food I want water I need my glasses I need my husband I need my daughter on and on and on) she even got into a fight with one of the nurses and so did I but thats another story. She pretty much told me I was a terrible mother because I asked if my youngest could go see my mom (told her the dr and nurse had let her yesterday and said it was at her discretion) she informed me that it was not at anyones discretion and that I was sick for even considering bringing my child into that kind of atmosphere) I told her to get a life and leave the room until I left that the dr was there and he was well able to take care of my mom for 2 min and then she left and I left...

They are planning on observing for another 12 or so hours and then they will be moving her to a regular room during the night/morning!!!

Thank you all for praying!!!! I will keep you updated. The dr says she is not 100% out of the woods until this 12 hrs is up.. Oh BTW the reason they are finding that this all happened because of some muscle relaxer they had put her on... a very simple one at that...it was something called Skelaxin and it was shutting down her kidneys and heart and everything... the dr took her off of it and she is coming out of this fine!

Her last comment to me was... see told you I was still too mean to die! She remembers having that conversation with me and all of the others. She remembers all of the times we came in room that she did not respond. She said she could hear us fine and some times even see us but just was not able to respond.

Thanks and thanks again
Old 02-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Ok Immediately after posting my last post my dad came and got me to go back into the CCU... I went in to find my mother totally awake and alert! She is fussing with everyone and everything... {I want food I want water I need my glasses I need my husband I need my daughter on and on and on) she even got into a fight with one of the nurses and so did I but thats another story. She pretty much told me I was a terrible mother because I asked if my youngest could go see my mom (told her the dr and nurse had let her yesterday and said it was at her discretion) she informed me that it was not at anyones discretion and that I was sick for even considering bringing my child into that kind of atmosphere) I told her to get a life and leave the room until I left that the dr was there and he was well able to take care of my mom for 2 min and then she left and I left...

They are planning on observing for another 12 or so hours and then they will be moving her to a regular room during the night/morning!!!

Thank you all for praying!!!! I will keep you updated. The dr says she is not 100% out of the woods until this 12 hrs is up.. Oh BTW the reason they are finding that this all happened because of some muscle relaxer they had put her on... a very simple one at that...it was something called Skelaxin and it was shutting down her kidneys and heart and everything... the dr took her off of it and she is coming out of this fine!

Her last comment to me was... see told you I was still too mean to die! She remembers having that conversation with me and all of the others. She remembers all of the times we came in room that she did not respond. She said she could hear us fine and some times even see us but just was not able to respond.

Thanks and thanks again

Wonderful report!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
GO CUBBIES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post

Thanks and thanks again

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!