Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-31-2020, 11:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Tyranny in America?

For several years US military were having martial law drills, remember? You WERE paying attention back then, right?

Old 04-01-2020, 07:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
For several years US military were having martial law drills, remember? You WERE paying attention back then, right?

I noticed that the mock protesters were yelling, "food and water". Alarming!
Old 04-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Modern America is showing it's TRUE colors through the Coronavirus pandemic. (their hatred of God) Went to Krogers yesterday and there are wall to wall people, it's been this way other days . I've seen this be the norm from Jackson,Tn to Batesville,Ar and everywhere in between......but then......
Churches are shut down and pastors who dare hold services are jailed, while facebook and other social media spew hatred toward these churches, for putting their congregations at risk.
Some may say, "I have spoken out about these retail places
being open". But if we are honest you are not hearing or seeing the backlash against retailers like you are against churches.
WHY? If someone in Krogers, unknowingly is infected, (asymptomatic) and this is highly, Abnormally, contagious (as we are told this virus is) then everyone in that place would very likely have it.
I get it churches are considered Non-essential, by the government and by most on social media..... they want their daily bread, but they disregard the Holy Word of God that tells us,
" Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeded forth from the mouth of God"
The word of God is "beyond measure "of greater importance/essential than the sustainment of this natural man.
......back to the Church, if a crowd is wrong in one place then it is wrong in another. If a pastor is liable for adults who decide to congregate at church, should they get sick, then the retail store Manager, those quiet on social media( maybe you) the government and local law enforcement are responsible (and should be jailed) for anyone who has visited these retailers and become infected.
One word, hypocrisy.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
Modern America is showing it's TRUE colors through the Coronavirus pandemic. (their hatred of God) Went to Krogers yesterday and there are wall to wall people, it's been this way other days . I've seen this be the norm from Jackson,Tn to Batesville,Ar and everywhere in between......but then......
Churches are shut down and pastors who dare hold services are jailed, while facebook and other social media spew hatred toward these churches, for putting their congregations at risk.
being open". But if we are honest you are not hearing or seeing the backlash against retailers like you are against churches.
WHY? If someone in Krogers, unknowingly is infected, (asymptomatic) and this is highly, Abnormally, contagious (as we are told this virus is) then everyone in that place would very likely have it.
I get it churches are considered Non-essential, by the government and by most on social media..... they want their daily bread, but they disregard the Holy Word of God that tells us,
" Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeded forth from the mouth of God"
The word of God is "beyond measure "of greater importance/essential than the sustainment of this natural man.
......back to the Church, if a crowd is wrong in one place then it is wrong in another. If a pastor is liable for adults who decide to congregate at church, should they get sick, then the retail store Manager, those quiet on social media( maybe you) the government and local law enforcement are responsible (and should be jailed) for anyone who has visited these retailers and become infected.
One word, hypocrisy.

Which shows the response does not equal the threat. Either the threat is severe - in which case the response is pure theater and name brand boloney - or the threat is not severe - in which case the response is still name brand baloney.

Baloney for dinner. Served cold and without ketchup.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-01-2020, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Brother, I think you are overreacting here. I don’t run into people who “hate God” hardly at all. I think the much more dangerous reaction to God is indifference. Many people are indifferent to God. Many people who are indifferent to God, claim to be Christians.

Quote:

There are many Christians who see the church building as the temple. I have heard many preachers refer to it as such. It bothers me to hear it, because of times like these. We are the church. We meet in a building that many refer to as the church. It is not the church though , and during times like these, the distinction is important.

Quote:

One word, hypocrisy.
You see, I agree with much of this. It is my decision, as man of the house, to go to “church” or not. Also to go to Kroger’s or not. I personally believe it is much more important to feed my family than it is to go to a building that people call the church. I suspect you would feel likewise if your children were hungry. It’s scriptural to provide for your family. Meeting in a certain building, on a specific schedule, at a specific time, is more tradition than commandment. My family and myself ARE the church. And , although we are not meeting with others in the church, like we have traditionally done, we can meet with ourselves, with or without live-streamed sermons.

I disagree with pastors having authority to have church or not. I disagree with the manager of Kroger telling me to come buy groceries. But I do appreciate the church being available. And I am thankful that groceries are available. If I have to make a choice between groceries and going to “church” , I’ll choose groceries. I can have “church” at home. I can go to “church” in my living room. In a pinch, I may could even cobble together a decent sermon. Which is what I just did, in case nobody noticed.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
One word, hypocrisy.
Nails it!
Old 04-01-2020, 02:48 PM
New User

I wish people would stop calling it Krogers. It’s Kroger.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I wish people would stop calling it Krogers. It’s Kroger.
Kroger’s is a local grocery store. It is owned by Kroger. Feel better?
Old 04-01-2020, 03:18 PM
New User

Old 04-01-2020, 03:18 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Kroger’s is a local grocery store. It is owned by Kroger. Feel better?
I feel fine.