Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Re: Any life coaches on the board??? I need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Focus....Where does it go?

Got a garage...get it out of the house... start big...rearrange the furniture... then it will get the ball rolling...
That is probably the biggest issue. I have virtually no storage, I live in a mobile home, no garage. I have one small shed in the back and it is full.

I realize that I am going to have to get rid of a considerable amount of stuff that I have an emotional connection to (I see as I am typing this how mentally ill I sound), before I can get control of it.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
Interesting!!!!
I found out I could check two bags for free so when I flew down last week I took extra stuff and left it there. lol It's the cheater's way to move for cheap?

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 04-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
She could go to the Library and check out one of Don Aslett's books.
He's great for cleaning, but not for where I think Dizzy is starting right now. You have to be able to get to the walls to wash them. You have to get rid of stuff before you can deep clean, or else you move it around and around and around and never get to the cleaning.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 04-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
I found out I could check two bags for free so when I flew down last week I took extra stuff and left it there. lol It's the cheater's way to move for cheap?
Hmmm, I knew you had referred to moving but I wasn't aware it was to Texas!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:48 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
That is probably the biggest issue. I have virtually no storage, I live in a mobile home, no garage. I have one small shed in the back and it is full.

I realize that I am going to have to get rid of a considerable amount of stuff that I have an emotional connection to (I see as I am typing this how mentally ill I sound), before I can get control of it.
Keep what is important and give the rest away... whether it's to Salvation Army or Battered Women's Thrift Store...

Notice I didn't say Sell it... because if you sell it the emotional ties might bring some guilt...but if you give it away you are doing it for a worthy cause...helping somebody else in need....

Don't give something foolish away tho.... if it can bless you tremendously count it as a gift from whoever gave it to you... but as for the rest....give it away..and you'll feel blessed..

imo..
Old 04-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
He's great for cleaning, but not for where I think Dizzy is starting right now. You have to be able to get to the walls to wash them. You have to get rid of stuff before you can deep clean, or else you move it around and around and around and never get to the cleaning.
Oh, that's what his books are about? lol I've never read one, just familiar with his name.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:

Oh! Small space living! My favorite! We lived in a 2 bedroom, 56' by 12' mobile home with 3 kids. lol It was cozy.

Ok, you don't sound mentally ill. You sound like sooo many other home executives (how do you like your promotion?) who start out overwhelmed and get on top of things and learn the skills they need to, and come to peace with having what you need (and I think that could be a single mom thing..I'm giving away things I haven't seen in a year since I moved in, crying, cuz "what if I need that someday?" Well duh...) and not all the extra baggage.

Please don't start out looking at the things from your grandparents. You're not ready to give those things away. Maybe you won't ever be. But, that's ok cuz when you get rid of some of the other stuff there'll be more room to enjoy what you do keep.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Oh, that's what his books are about? lol I've never read one, just familiar with his name.
Yep! He's fantastic for making cleaning go more quickly, and more easily. He has amazing products too.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, I knew you had referred to moving but I wasn't aware it was to Texas!
Yes, it's Texas. I'll be in Austin.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:52 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
I have no idea.

Good to see you posting, BTW!!!!!!
Good to see you too...and everybody else.....