Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 11-13-2019, 11:59 AM
Not riding the train

Impeachment Hearing

Mic drop for Texas Republican John Radcliffe!

Old 11-13-2019, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Impeachment Hearing

Reps Radcliffe and Jordan completely destroyed the Dems and their ridiculous impeachment sham today. Props to Rep Meadows for reassigning Rep Jordan to that committee for these hearings. And thank you to Rep Crawford for temporarily resigning from the committee so Rep Jordan could take his place.

I don't know how Rep Nunes can sit next to Rep Schiff without punching the smirk off that liar's face.

First, he completely fabricates the call transcript weeks ago in a previous hearing and now today he manages to keep a straight face and claim that he doesn't know the identity of the whistleblower, even though his office admits to coordinating with the wb before the complaint was filed.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

If Taylor and Kent were the Dems star witnesses, man is Schiff in trouble! Pelosi will skin him alive for his abysmal failure today.

Even CNN was criticial of the witnesses and their testimony today. CNN's Jeffrey Toobin said that both witnesses not having any direct contact, ever, with the POTUS is a problem for the Dems.

ABC's Jonathan Karl said today was a partisan process: "Back in March, Nancy Pelosi was explicit that she did not want to go forward with impeachment process if it was purely partisan...What you saw today is an extension of that first vote..an entirely partisan process."

CBS' Norah O'Donnell (who HATES Trump) admitted: "I think the Republicans make an excellent argument the deal was never consummated. The aid went through."

I wouldn't be surprised if Pelosi doesn't put a stop to the hearings early and withdraws the impeachment inquiry. One more bad day for Dems like today and I believe Pelosi will pull the plug on Schiff.

Marie Yovanovitch, the former US Ambassador to Ukraine, is up next on Friday. Someone, either Rep Radcliffe or Jordan already fired the warning shot today -- questioning why the Dems would bring her in as a witness to a call of which she was not a participant which happened long after she was removed by Trump.

I doubt that hearing will end well for Schiff and the Dems either.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 PM
Not riding the train

David, I believe that the Democratics know that they have terrible candidates for 2020 and are using this impeachment sham to stir up their base. They know that the Republicans, in the Senate, are not going to impeach Trump. They can then, sadly, with the saddest, sadness, use the media to blame the Republicans.

Have you seen Tom Shillue impersonate Adam Schiff? I was laughing so hard! Lol!
Old 11-14-2019, 02:09 AM
Registered Member

Gregg Jarrett is a savvy commentator on this on Fox.
Calls it a "clown show", while ripping it to shreds.

The funny thing is that there may be various sleaze that could be used for a Trump impeachment, but this thing about Ukraine (where one major starting point is the Joe Biden public bluster-confession of his corrupted influence peddling, which protected Hunter) is really the worst. A bumbling nothing from deep state operatives.

As another commentator said:

There was nothing impeachable.
There was nothing criminal.
There was nothing wrong.

Trump calls it "perfect" .

The biggest laugh is that Trump was supposedly fearfully shaking and concerned about the "Big Joe" Biden candidacy, as his motivation.

Doddering Biden can barely speak, he manages to make Trump look like a genius. Too many flu shots? Cooking with aluminum pans for decades? It is difficult when the synapses are not firing.

Get that man some Ginkgo Baloba and a put him on special nutritional program. Maybe the raw vegan Christian retreat in Hawaii in a few days, or a good Adventist health sanitarium. A real detox. Maybe some CEs will help. Some nice outdoor walking.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-14-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Trust me on this. No matter how this case collapses on itself, and no matter what the IG report shows (if they ever release it), the House will still impeach Trump. They are too vested in this to quit. Let them hang themselves.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:19 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Trust me on this. No matter how this case collapses on itself, and no matter what the IG report shows (if they ever release it), the House will still impeach Trump. They are too vested in this to quit. Let them hang themselves.
Of course they will. They have to now.

What they refuse to talk about is when Pelosi said, - “I'm not for impeachment without bipartisan support.”

The only bipartisan support they got was ‘against’ the impeachment hearing.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Of course they will. They have to now.

What they refuse to talk about is when Pelosi said, - “I'm not for impeachment without bipartisan support.”

The only bipartisan support they got was ‘against’ the impeachment hearing.
Good point. They have reached the point of no return. If they try to walk it back now, they will lose all credibility even with their base. No collusion, followed by no impeachable crime, will almost certainly add up to no Democrat in the White House, and probably other houses as well.

So their only hope is for something to turn up as a result of the inquiry. It seems awfully thin to me so far.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:53 PM
Not riding the train

Hahahahahahaha!

Old 11-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Hehe