Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Re: Pre trib rapture teaching is heresy

Quote:
I don't get into prophecy, the end times or eschatology because, IMO, it doesn't matter which is right. The only thing which matters is that I live holy and ready for His return, whenever that may be. Whether it's pre-trib, mid-trib/pre-wrath, mid-trib/mid-wrath, post-trib, whenever. As long as I'm living holy and ready to meet him at any time, these divisive arguments don't matter to me.
So something the APOSTLE Paul taught and commanded the Church was
neither salvific or important?

Especially something Paul prefaced by saying:

LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU BY ANY MEANS........

No wonder the Churches are so spiritually bankrupt.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So something the APOSTLE Paul taught and commanded the Church was
neither salvific or important?

Especially something Paul prefaced by saying:

LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU BY ANY MEANS........

No wonder the Churches are so spiritually bankrupt.

I think there's a difference between a person saying "I don't know, I haven't studied it" or "I've been studying but I'm not yet convinced one way or the other" on the one hand, and someone saying "Who cares? What difference does it make?" on the other hand.

The first case is understandable. The second seems inexcusably lazy and morally relativistic. In my opinion.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-15-2017, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

I think there's a difference between a person saying "I don't know, I haven't studied it" or "I've been studying but I'm not yet convinced one way or the other" on the one hand, and someone saying "Who cares? What difference does it make?" on the other hand.

The first case is understandable. The second seems inexcusably lazy and morally relativistic. In my opinion.
Agreed
Old 11-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:

What do you mean by "understandable?" are you saying such person will not be damned?

And then how about "I have studied it, but come to a different conclusion than you?" is that understandable?
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 11-15-2017, 08:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
What do you mean by "understandable?" are you saying such person will not be damned?
If a person simply hasnt yet studied a subject, and therefore has no opinion, they aren't following a heresy, correct? What don't you understand about the difference between having no opinion vs having an heretical opinion?

Quote:
And then how about "I have studied it, but come to a different conclusion than you?" is that understandable?
Then one or both of us is WRONG, and it behooves us to figure it out. Don't you agree?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Seems to me a lot of folks just want to know what they gotta have lined out in order to get to heaven. If something comes their way their default response seems to be "Do I have to have/do/believe this to go to heaven? Can I blow it off or reject it safely, or will I be lost?"

Seems like a lot of folks just really aren't interested in finding and knowing truth. They'd just rather meet the minimum requirements and get on with their lives.

Kind of sad, actually.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
If a person simply hasnt yet studied a subject, and therefore has no opinion, they aren't following a heresy, correct? What don't you understand about the difference between having no opinion vs having an heretical opinion?

Then one or both of us is WRONG, and it behooves us to figure it out. Don't you agree?
sounds kinda like light doctrine to me. if you havent studied it you arent responsible.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
sounds kinda like light doctrine to me. if you havent studied it you arent responsible.
1. That's not "light doctrine".

2. If we are responsible for believing correctly on every Biblical subject independently of any time for study, then nobody ever was saved.

Either we become disciples and continue to learn His Word (which necessarily implies time), or we must know everything correctly at the beginning APART FROM STUDY, or what we believe is irrelevant to our salvation.

Options 2 and 3 are false, leaving option 1 as the correct answer.

Option 3 is false because the Bible warns against believing false doctrines and being damned.

Option 2 is false because it is a physical impossibility, AND because the Bible enjoins us to study and grow in knowledge of Christ.

Option 1 therefore is correct. The Bible tells us to be disciples of Jesus. A disciple is a student, who learns via study and imitation of the Teacher. Study takes time. Being conformed to the image of Christ therefore takes time. Learning sound doctrine takes time.

Case proved.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Banned

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,....

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

I guess the angels bypassed that feller?

LOL
Old 11-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Banned

Funny, the post tribbers completely de-legitimize the words of Jesus, when speaking of catching folks unaware....