Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Mormonism 101
Facebook

Notices

Mormonism 101 Discuss Mormon doctrine, history, and practice

Old 08-31-2007, 05:54 AM
Bruce Klein

Apostolic Study on Mormons

I have written a Biblical study manual for the seminaries. You can see an older copy at:

http://www.freewebs.com/acseminary/mormontheology.htm

It is presented as a resource and a teaching tool for those who would like to better understand the Mormons.

Mormons claim to send out 50,000 missionaries per year. They claim to have the fastest growing religion.

I have toured their first temple in Kirtland, Ohio, plus touring their first settlement in Kirtland. At the Kirtland settlement, I was assigned my two elder missionaries and two more sister missionaries as guides. Four missionaries were trying to convert one investigator, their spirits against my spirit.

I have been to their church meetings. And spent many hours, many days with their missionaries - two on one.

The Mormon scriptures quoted in this study can be found at: Word searches can be done at this site. http://scriptures.lds.org/en/contents

To see my study on Mormons go to:

http://www.freewebs.com/acseminary/mormontheology.htm

In Jesus,
Brother Bruce Klein
Bibleteach@hotmail.com
http://brobruce.blogspot.com/
Old 06-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Re: Apostolic Study on Mormons

I thought the temple at Kirtland was full of amazing facts.One thing I did not know was that they claim the gifts of the spirit were in full operation at the first church meeting of the Kirtland Temple group.I asked one of the elders there at the Mormon village if this sort of thing still happens in their church services today and he said it did not.I went on to share that this goes on in our churches all the time.He said that he apprieciated our spirits and willingness to study their group without contention.I thought that spoke volumes.This place is great to visit if you want to get some history and facts that help you to share things with those who are mormons.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Oneness Believer

The link was bad.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

which link?
I would love to post the direct one to his study if I could. We have pictures of the temple as well that I took when we were up there. The doors were three hundred pounds a piece. Bruce and I looked at the books where Joseph Smith taught Greek classes to the elders.
I thought it was a funny fact that they smoked back then and he left the room that was smoke filled after teaching a group of men and came back with a revelation that Mormons could not smoke.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

http://www.freewebs.com/acseminary/mormons.htm
Old 04-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

Hello All !

I am new on this site and don't have much in my profile yet...but I came across this page and couldn't resist stopping to say that I live in the heart of mormonism....Utah. I am glad there are more studies going out on this religion. I would like to ask that...since you have the insight that you do....would you pray for us here and for our churches....we truly do need a move of God and we need more laborer's to help. I will try to have more input later..

God Bless,
Rosezella
Old 04-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosezella View Post
Hello All !

I am new on this site and don't have much in my profile yet...but I came across this page and couldn't resist stopping to say that I live in the heart of mormonism....Utah. I am glad there are more studies going out on this religion. I would like to ask that...since you have the insight that you do....would you pray for us here and for our churches....we truly do need a move of God and we need more laborer's to help. I will try to have more input later..

God Bless,
Rosezella
I live in AZ and there are a TON of LDS here too. Second to Orem, Utah, Mesa, AZ and the surrounding cities have the second most LDS members per capita. Most of the tracts and stuff that we get are goofy and not very good for anything but tearing down the LDS church. Have you seen any good tracts?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Yes we have good tracts......I think the problem is that we get so complacent and are so use to these people living among us and always having a testimony of there own....and such deceiving and sincere, but sincerely wrong attitude...that we forget that they really do need salvation....
Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosezella View Post
Yes we have good tracts......I think the problem is that we get so complacent and are so use to these people living among us and always having a testimony of there own....and such deceiving and sincere, but sincerely wrong attitude...that we forget that they really do need salvation....
Of course they need salvation. Everyone does. All I was saying is that most of the information that I have seen is not tastful in reaching them. Most of them is about how wrong they are and not how 'so right' we are....LOL
Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
Of course they need salvation. Everyone does. All I was saying is that most of the information that I have seen is not tastful in reaching them. Most of them is about how wrong they are and not how 'so right' we are....LOL
One of my cousins is a Mormon priest, and his wife teaches at one of their seminaries. They are devout, for sure, and quick to try to convert anyone in range. Yes, they need salvation like "everyone" else, but some deceptions are harder to combat than others. Mormonism is a deep ditch of false doctrine.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road