Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Re: Abuse of the Delete Option

I propose that the proper punishment of abusing the delete option is to temporarily suspend it on a per user basis.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
I'm way too tired and have a migraine or I'd continue that parody.
A good magnesium supplement may help with migraines. Migraine has been associated with reduced magnesium levels.

Its also been associated with dehydration, hence the old trick of slamming down a whole bottle of Gatorade (the bigger ones). Electrolytes/salt helps water retention and maintains hydration if water is being introduced to the system.

Too much salt, however will cause saturation and actually contribute to dehydration, so some salt may need to deleted from the diet occasionally.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-09-2017, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
There is another optional reason.. Saying something mean and then realizing it is not right, so deleting the comment in a spirit of repentance.
That's a great reason!

But how often does it have to occur before a person has actually repented and isn't doing it anymore? Repentance isn't a guilt trip, it's a changed life. The fruit is the way one then conducts himself afterward.

Additionally, no admin has the insight required to know if a person has deleted a post for the reason you stated, or because they became worried they might get an infraction.

As it stands, if there was only an occasional delete here and there, of this nature, this thread would not exist.

But the fact that this isn't the case, and that it has happened repeatedly, up until this thread was created, at least, shows that abuse of the option was occurring, and creating this thread to address it has helped resolved the issue.

The Admin Team
*AQuietPlace*
CC1
Esther
Hoovie
Prax
The Mrs
votivesoul

Take a moment to review the Forum Rules by clicking here.

Last edited by Admin; 02-09-2017 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I think leaving severely negative comments on the board is worse than having them deleted from the board almost immediately. One stirs up more strife than the other.

I think any poster that would request admin leave all negative comments up is doing so in the wrong spirit to try and make others accountable instead of taking the delete gesture of a negative comment as an act of repentance.

If someone is truly overusing the delete option then have a convo with them about trying to think before they speak and that excessive use of that option is a problem. Moderation is a principle we can all agree with I think.
Severely negative comments need to be reported when found, and the admins then can look into them and delete them if necessary.

Sure, it's best that a person realize they've typed something less than graceful toward another member, and so, delete it. But this thread was created after several different members posted in several different areas of AFF, multiple posts in a row indicating their personal rancor with whomever they were attacking.

Those deleted posts weren't seen by any of you, so none of you know all the facts, and therefore cannot speak directly to the issue the way the admin team can.

So how about we lay this to rest and accept that abuse of the delete option for this reason will not be tolerated?

And if it occurs, then it can be handled on a one to one, individual basis. That's not what this thread is for. This is a general admonishment to all users, singling out none. Issues with this will lead to the person at fault being singled out through PM.

The Admin Team
*AQuietPlace*
CC1
Esther
Hoovie
Prax
The Mrs
votivesoul

Take a moment to review the Forum Rules by clicking here.
Closed Thread