Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:35 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

"For this cause..."

I was thinking about John the Baptist this morning. John was born for the purpose of introducing the Messiah to the world. He was sent to preach "Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight." Once Jesus came on the scene, John went on to his reward. He had served his divine purpose.

Jesus came for the purpose of sacrificing His Life for the sins of the World. Jhn 12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Jesus served His Divine purpose on earth.

Heres the question: Do you believe all people are born with a specific divine purpose? Or are only certain ones born for a specific purpose? If you believe you have a specific purpose, have you achieved that purpose? (Or are you achieving that purpose?). Now I'm familar with the old song "I was born to serve the Lord", but my question goes farther than that. Is there a specific mission you have been sent to fulfill?

Now, this is what I think:

1) Certain people are born to serve specific divine purposes in life. Moses was one. Paul was another.

2) I don't think ALL people have a defined, specific purpose. Including myself.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL
Re: "For this cause..."

I think we all have a purpose. I am not sure if it is a 'major' purpose. I would not say that because it is not for some world staggering reason it is not divine.
Let me put it like this. I do not know what great and 'divine' thing I was placed here to do nor do i know of what my son's were placed here to do. I do know this though, my life would be empty without them all in it. I have learned from them as the grow up. I hope I have taught them well. I know they have a God given purpose and I hope they fulfill it.

So you may not know your purpose and you may not feel it is divine but you are here for a reason.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

OneAccord, would Moses and Paul being called purposely and others not imply God is a respector of persons? I think it might.

I believe each and every one is called when they are born to a purpose in the Kingdom. But they have to get saved and also be obedient to the call, though. I think the words of Jeremiah that he was purposed from his mother's womb apply to everyone.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 10-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
I was thinking about John the Baptist this morning. John was born for the purpose of introducing the Messiah to the world. He was sent to preach "Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight." Once Jesus came on the scene, John went on to his reward. He had served his divine purpose.

Jesus came for the purpose of sacrificing His Life for the sins of the World. Jhn 12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Jesus served His Divine purpose on earth.

Heres the question: Do you believe all people are born with a specific divine purpose? Or are only certain ones born for a specific purpose? If you believe you have a specific purpose, have you achieved that purpose? (Or are you achieving that purpose?). Now I'm familar with the old song "I was born to serve the Lord", but my question goes farther than that. Is there a specific mission you have been sent to fulfill?

Now, this is what I think:

1) Certain people are born to serve specific divine purposes in life. Moses was one. Paul was another.

2) I don't think ALL people have a defined, specific purpose. Including myself.
To everyone saved is given a gift,some more gifts then one.Some people use them and are given more,some don't use their gift and it is taken and given to those who use them.Would you like the scripture ? Some people will be saved,some will not.Many are called but few are chosen.The chosen has a purpose but the father choses each according to their will.He knows everyons will.