Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
More than practiced, open confession was often DEMANDED at this church.

I understand much has changed under the new leadership. I pray it is true!
it seems there has been a very postive change at least for those that stayed. some left with the asst pastor from the previous regime. I do not know if they are the same.

yes there were many demands in that church....up to and including divorce. demanded by the pastor (he is now dead so we cannot talk bad about him)
Old 04-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I preached in Louisiana and they had a big cowbell on the communion table and it was deader than 4:00 but when the pastor rang that Cow Bell - they came alive and made laps around the church.

I preached in the UPC church in Valdosta, GA and never heard so much SCREAMING in all my life. BLOOD CURDLING SCREAMS! I would go to pray for someone and they would just SCREAM to the top of their lungs! Gave me the CREEPS!

In KY - we took our watches off - they did not believe in watches on the arms. I could not wear a belt buckle there either and the pastor took me straight to the barber where I got WHITEWALLS!!!!!!

I was somewhere and the men and boys would take off running - and then SLIDE halfway across the auditorium.
I have been in many black UPC churches where they crowd around you and slap your back while you are preaching and then in some where they shine your shoes while you are preaching.

At World Changers/Dr. Dollar here in ATL - I have seen them bring money for over an hour and lay it on the platform while the preacher is preaching. I mean - BIG MONEY!
I was in one Independent Apostolic church years ago and the women wore their hair down and then kinda threw/slung it over the young people in the altar "seeking the Holy Ghost." They also shouted and screamed and whipped their hair over those that came up for healing - VERY STRANGE!

I did see a woman break her arm by "shouting" and running into the organ leslie. I was in a service where a man literally ran through the wall of the church and busted the sheet rock all up!

I've seen it all and nothing surprises me anymore. I've seen men run up and pound on the pulpit when the preacher is preaching, just to let them know you're behind them,,,,no big deal.. I've also seen preachers walk off of the platform mad, because the church wasn't behind them enough.... whaaaah... and then i've seen preachers threaten to resign the church because the saints weren't amening them enough, and they walk off the platform and pout..... I"ve seen saints form a circle and put the ones in need in the middle of the circle as if that is going to make God want to answer them faster or something.....puhleeze..... But I've also seen the real power of God that doesn't rely on the performance of man.....and those are the most beautiful of times.... They outweigh the other times by far... Yep, I've seen it all....

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
I've seen it all and nothing surprises me anymore. I've seen men run up and pound on the pulpit when the preacher is preaching, just to let them know you're behind them,,,,no big deal.. I've also seen preachers walk off of the platform mad, because the church wasn't behind them enough.... whaaaah... and then i've seen preachers threaten to resign the church because the saints weren't amening them enough, and they walk off the platform and pout..... I"ve seen saints form a circle and put the ones in need in the middle of the circle as if that is going to make God want to answer them faster or something.....puhleeze..... But I've also seen the real power of God that doesn't rely on the performance of man.....and those are the most beautiful of times.... They outweigh the other times by far... Yep, I've seen it all....
Where have you been? I have been wondering where you disappeared to, but I thought you took another name.....LOL!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Where have you been? I have been wondering where you disappeared to, but I thought you took another name.....LOL!
Lol! Been very busy in the recent weeks.... I drop in every now and then to see what's going on and maybe throw my opinion around a lil..... been doing lots of changing in my life..........and yet many more are taking place.

...and for the record, i've not taken on any new names lately!!! just still me, the chocolate lady...

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:28 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
Well said LadyChocolate! Good to see you back!

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 04-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Well said LadyChocolate! Good to see you back!

Blessings, Rhoni
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
There is a UPC church in a unnamed location that when the pastor is getting down with his preaching, the men in the church rip off their ties and throw them at the pulpit to show their agreement.

Even the little guys with clip on's will take them off and throw them up there.

Have you seen this practice? Is this really necessary?

Also, the ladies in this church "carry" their hair over their arms when they walk around.

Now, call me different, but that's just a bit out there for me. What say ye?
Wow. The preachin is so good the men start taking their clothes off? Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooook! Just when I thought I'd heard it all. LOL