Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:09 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
Those are the kinds of hurts that I am talking about.

I understand those wounds. But those are the things that the Love of God cures...permanently...without any rankor or bitterness to follow.
Absolutely!

Yes, He does.....when asked and when that person let's it go - - can't ask God to cure it, then hang on to it.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Sounds like Brother Strange has the spirit of Good bye.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Sounds like Brother Strange has the spirit of Good bye.
There are times to let it go if you ever had it. But, hurts are things that you should never have had, to say goodbye to.

If you have been abused as a child, I certainly understand the hurt. But the Holy Ghost with the love and joy found in your heart will say "good-bye" for you. You don't even have to do it for yourself.

I've had business relationships that I had an OVERWHELMING good bye spirit about. When that relationship was done, I sighed with a great sigh of relief, "Good riddance."

So, I understand all about the good-bye spirit. But, I also understand evasive PRIDE that gets into relationships that God intended to be holy.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:25 PM
delete account

Quote:
There are times to let it go if you ever had it. But, hurts are things that you should never have had, to say goodbye to.

If you have been abused as a child, I certainly understand the hurt. But the Holy Ghost with the love and joy found in your heart will say "good-bye" for you. You don't even have to do it for yourself.

I've had business relationships that I had an OVERWHELMING good bye spirit about. When that relationship was done, I sighed with a great sigh of relief, "Good riddance."

So, I understand all about the good-bye spirit. But, I also understand evasive PRIDE that gets into relationships that God intended to be holy.
Absolutely.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Absolutely!

Yes, He does.....when asked and when that person let's it go - - can't ask God to cure it, then hang on to it.

I haven't read this thread yet (only this page, which is the last at the moment), nor do I have time to read it all right now -- but I did want to comment on this post.

I agree with this, Renda; however, I can say with certainty that there are some people who do not know HOW to "let go."

That was me.

I have, but it took YEARS for me to finally really let go of past hurts. The hurt resulting from a painful childhood was ALL I KNEW. How could I let go of what had become me? I thought I had let go several times over the years. But memories and pain always seemed to creep back into my life, mind, and heart. This cycle continued and I couldn't break it. I did all I knew to do; I prayed, fasted, talked, ignored, repressed, left it at the altar, gave it to Jesus, etc. YET, I still had a grasp on it all. I didn't know that though, until just recently.

I wrote, in another thread, that it sometimes takes a huge "bump in the road" for a person to finally let go completely and grab hold of Jesus. That's what it took for me. It wasn't until then that I realized that I was holding onto certain things. I had one hand on my past/the pain, and one hand reaching out to the Lord. Honestly though, I really did not realize it. Again... it was because that was ALL I knew. It was the norm for me. Pain and sadness was what I knew well. It was what I was comfortable with. I was my reality.

Sadly, I had begun to think that Jesus wasn't ever going to help me - I also began to think that perhaps I was different, and couldn't be "fixed," but I'm excited to say -- I WAS WRONG!

A situation arose that left me a bit out of control. Things were happening that I didn't WANT to happen. Others were controling what was happening and no matter how hard I tried to get it all to stop, and to get others to do things MY way, these other people just kept on doing what they thought was best and right. At that point - when I no longer had control over some things going on in my life - I had NO other choice but to FULLY and COMPLETELY put my trust in Jesus and to believe that He was going to work things out. And then... He healed me and made me whole!

But prior to that, I thought I had fully and completely trusted the Lord. (I just didn't know how to "let go," apparently. I guess I had to be forced to let go by life's circumstances.)

Hope this makes sense.
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:

Goodbye spirit. That's a new one.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 08-03-2007, 08:51 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Just a point here........

You have to deal with things. You have to work through it. You have to conscientiously and determinedly seek God to help you with the "feelings", the emotional devastation and aftermath of separation, disappointment and heartbreak. Then you can move on I think although for me the way I feel is that what has happened in the past will always be a part of me -- both the good and the bad and has helped shape me into the person I am today. Experience is quite the teacher.

Even though I've dealt with a lot of stuff still occasionally I have a meltdown like I did last nite sitting at my computer pounding out some thoughts that I haven't posted yet. But while doing that, suddenly out of nowhere, there I was sobbing again with pain on account of things that happened years ago.

So the sensitivity is still there. Maybe it always will be. Maybe it's good that it is still there.
Emotion is a part of our being, to have times of memory that call up emotion from the past is not unhealthy nor abnormal. Matter of fact, it is very healthy to allow ourselves to release emotion in appropriate ways. Even though God has worked incredibly in our lives concerning our 36 year old special needs adult son, there are times when I just break-up thinking of what might have been. I miss the son and the man Anthony would have been, makes my heart hurt, and the tears flow. I will never let that go completely, even though I am happy and proud of what God has done in Anthony's life, and it gives glory to God. So, we have emotion but we also have a higher calling in our lives. See the ministry produced out of the pain: www.coventryreserve.org that is Anthony on the home page, with our program director.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org