Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-24-2019, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

Re: UPC, ALJC, PAW, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
We have all been speaking about what we think and believe about a theoretical scenario. Im not so sure its a good idea to bring this down to a personal level concerning the posters on this forum. There is enough mud slinging already on some threads. This one has been thought provoking and fun lets not end it with us personally turned against each other.
It's a bit late for that.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
So be honest and just say what you believe: men with facial hair are going to hell.
Quote:
It's a bit late for that.
Well, I guess that is one way to escalate it.

But in all seriousness, I’ll take take Bro. Apostolic1ness’ declining to answer to simply mean he is gonna pray for ole Ehud to see the light. We can keep discussing differences without condemning each other, and, at a minimum, if we keep discussing civilly, other readers can gather more info and hopefully be better off in their own walks.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Well, I guess that is one way to escalate it.

But in all seriousness, I’ll take take Bro. Apostolic1ness’ declining to answer to simply mean he is gonna pray for ole Ehud to see the light. We can keep discussing differences without condemning each other, and, at a minimum, if we keep discussing civilly, other readers can gather more info and hopefully be better off in their own walks.
Back on posts 191 and 195 I gave a personal example where I left a church where the Pastor said he didn't have scripture but personally wouldn't use anyone in leadership or on the platform. So I left and attend a church where there isn't a prohibition against facial hair.

Unfortunately this was posted after that:

Quote:
I dont get it. Some would leave a church and go find the one that.fits their fantsy so they can have a beard. No matter the relationship between the church and the family or the pastor. No loyalty, no pastoral authority, no submission.
It could have been an incredible coincidence, but I don't believe so.

Then you have responses to that post about the person not wanting a pastor and wanting "benefits of a Christian and still have there carnal life style."

And the response to that of being lost for profaning the temple of God.

Again, could have been an incredible coincidence, but I have a hard time believing it was.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's outdated as in this was over 50 years ago, almost 60 years ago and yet a lot of Pastors are still pointing to "beards = hippy movement" for the reason they prohibit beards.

Good thing those rebellious hippies didn't wear jeans . . . oh wait.

Skinny jeans, cap sleeves and mini skirts are found in scripture. It's called modesty. Modesty is actually mentioned in the Bible.

Oh good grief. You're nuts.

smh

First, the Pastor of the church I left and I are on good speaking terms. He's a good friend of my family. It's funny that I'm being blasted by nobodys who don't know anything about me, yet the Pastor affected holds no ill feelings against me. I still speak to several other friends from the church as well.

This is incredible, and all too predictable coming from cons. Cons will claim that they neither preach nor hear "beards will send you to hell," yet in the same breath, if you choose to attend a church which doesn't include this prohibition which is man-made and a personal preference NOT based in scripture, NOT based on anything but "hippies are bad" -- suddenly you become someone who's not in God's will, who's picking churches like they pick food from a buffet and worse -- rebellious.

Bottom line for men who grow facial hair: you haven't really repented; you don't really have the HG; you're in rebellion; your facial hair is a slippery slope which will lead you to wear skinny jeans, mohawks, diamond studded earrings, pinkie rings, smoking cigarettes and THAT will lead to all kinds of drugs and other sins. In a nutshell: you're going to hell.

So be honest and just say what you believe: men with facial hair are going to hell.
Who said facial hair is a heaven or hell issue? Who is blasting you? Whoever they are, are they just nobodys? Is that how you feel about the ones you think are blasting you?

Go to whatever church you desire no one cares.

again people are making general statements, its their opinion. Lets not get our feelings hurt.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Who said facial hair is a heaven or hell issue? Who is blasting you? Whoever they are, are they just nobodys? Is that how you feel about the ones you think are blasting you?

Go to whatever church you desire no one cares.

again people are making general statements, its their opinion. Lets not get our feelings hurt.
They probably have never heard a respected ultra con pastor say facial hair was a heaven or hell issue. Maybe some wacko but not one else. This has just been their interpretation of anyone that has a strong standard they disagree with.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Again, could have been an incredible coincidence, but I have a hard time believing it was.
Let’s chalk it up to coincidence. I believe Brother Apostolic and Brother Hometown were directing those conversational points to one another, not *at* anyone else.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Old 05-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Okay, I'll accept that.

Each post has a point of origin and goes from there. Here's what I posted and then the responses which all went back to my quote, which is why I took it a little personal.

Quote:
I was attending a UPC church who's Pastor told me he had no scripture against beards, but wouldn't allow a man with a beard to be used on the platform. I didn't argue, I didn't rebel. I simply went to another church which doesn't have the same outdated preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
But that’s fine I understand people pick church like they pick their food at a buffet.
Quote:
You say outdated, but to whom is it outdated? Surely not to the pastors and saints that came out of the 60s that identified their own beards with rebellion. How is that outdated? So here comes beards, skinny jeans, cap sleeves, mini skirts, diamond rings etc.where do you draw the line? Some of those things are not found in scriptures.
Quote:
Marlboro reds, tank tops, Mohawks ect...
Quote:
I dont get it. Some would leave a church and go find the one that.fits their fantsy so they can have a beard. No matter the relationship between the church and the family or the pastor. No loyalty, no pastoral authority, no submission.
Quote:
Bottom line is they don’t want a pastor. They want the benefits of a Christian and still have there carnal life style
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
That is why people need to be taught that unless they are being led of the Spirit of God and producing the fruit of the Spirit they will not enter heaven. (to be carnally minded is death Romans 8)

Also if they profane the temple of God they will be lost. (1 Cor 3)
I apologize if I misread the intent of the subsequent posts using my initial quote and others which branched from that.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
They probably have never heard a respected ultra con pastor say facial hair was a heaven or hell issue. Maybe some wacko but not one else. This has just been their interpretation of anyone that has a strong standard they disagree with.
How would you or your pastor deal with saints who have come from other churches and don’t line up exactly on your church’s standards? Let’s assume they moved cross-country for work and aren’t church hopping or running from anything.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Let’s chalk it up to coincidence. I believe Brother Apostolic and Brother Hometown were directing those conversational points to one another, not *at* anyone else.