Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:55 PM
God's Son

Re: PEAK first WPF Youth Conference

I love MP's comments about majoring over the minors. The same people who complain about lights are the first in line to amen the preacher when he says he needs the hammond organ to bring the annointing. How about the white preachers saying we need some more black people in the choir. They know how to sing.

What is lost in the lights or no lights discussion is Paul's admonishment by all means win some. If smoke and lights is what it takes to get someone to make a commitment to follow Christ, turn off the fire alarm and flip the breakers. One soul is woth it.

We don't mind using emotion to scare people out of hell and into heaven. God forbid if we use a lights and smoke. If you are worried about kids going into seizures, why not use the power that God gave you and pray the prayer of faith for healing?

It is stupid for anyone to change partners in the middle of the dance because the song changed. It is the same band, same salvational doctrine, but methodology is different. The apostle Paul would have backslid if he was restricted in presenting the gospel as much as people are trying to restrict the presentation today.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 08-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=tv1a;574041]

If you are worried about kids going into seizures, why not use the power that God gave you and pray the prayer of faith for healing?

Does it get any dumber than this? Cause a seizure and then pray em out of it? I'm shrieking with laughter here! Why not serve em tuna fish poisoned with botulism after the service and then as they are going into toxic shock pray em out of that too? Why put people in harms way ? Does THAT make any sense to YOU?

Then you treat us to this groovy insight.......

It is stupid for anyone to change partners in the middle of the dance because the song changed. It is the same band, same salvational doctrine, but methodology is different.

Using tools that are KNOWN to produce altered states of consiousness? Hey why not just whip up a a batch of peyote brownies and let em all get high!
HALLUCINOGENICS FOR EVERYONE! PRAISE THE LORD!

The apostle Paul would have backslid if he was restricted in presenting the gospel as much as people are trying to restrict the presentation today.

I doubt it , I dont think he was that shallow. He tended more toward preaching with the power and demonstration of the Holy Ghost anyway. Probably would have left the light show and smoke and mirrors to Simon the Magician and his ilk.

Enough foolishness for one night. I am going to get a pizza! Hold the SHROOMS!
Old 08-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Which admin did you want to put on ignore?
Bump for Tim Rutledge
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Rebel with a cause.

[QUOTE=TCSQ;574048]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post

If you are worried about kids going into seizures, why not use the power that God gave you and pray the prayer of faith for healing?

Does it get any dumber than this? Cause a seizure and then pray em out of it? I'm shrieking with laughter here! Why not serve em tuna fish poisoned with botulism after the service and then as they are going into toxic shock pray em out of that too? Why put people in harms way ? Does THAT make any sense to YOU?

Then you treat us to this groovy insight.......

It is stupid for anyone to change partners in the middle of the dance because the song changed. It is the same band, same salvational doctrine, but methodology is different.

Using tools that are KNOWN to produce altered states of consiousness? Hey why not just whip up a a batch of peyote brownies and let em all get high!
HALLUCINOGENICS FOR EVERYONE! PRAISE THE LORD!

The apostle Paul would have backslid if he was restricted in presenting the gospel as much as people are trying to restrict the presentation today.

I doubt it , I dont think he was that shallow. He tended more toward preaching with the power and demonstration of the Holy Ghost anyway. Probably would have left the light show and smoke and mirrors to Simon the Magician and his ilk.

Enough foolishness for one night. I am going to get a pizza! Hold the SHROOMS!
TCSQ, are you familiar with using the "quote" feature? Your replies are confusing sometimes, because it's hard to distinguish your comments from others.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Not wrestling w/ flesh n blood

Quote:
Bump for Tim Rutledge
I'll just keep that to myself.

The gloves are off.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rutledge View Post
I'll just keep that to myself.

So, you just kind of throw that hand grenade out into the middle of the forum, but then decide to play a little game and keep the name of this perceived offender to yourself.

Nice.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Not wrestling w/ flesh n blood

Quote:
So, you just kind of throw that hand grenade out into the middle of the forum, but then decide to play a little game and keep the name of this perceived offender to yourself.

Nice.
Nice? Sarcasm?

The gloves are off.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Nice? Sarcasm?
You're a quick one!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Michael Phelps;573894][QUOTE=TCSQ;573891]
Quote:

Uh, just go up a few posts and read WholeHearted's comments about the UPC.

Trust me, it works both ways, I"m quite sure.

Now, I have no dog in this fight, because I'm neither UPC or WPF. However, I kind of thought this thread had turned into a "Smoke machines and lights vs. NO smoke machines and lights" thread?

I must have missed the turn it took into the UPC vs. WPF abyss.
Yes go up and look. I NEVER said anything about hating anyone much less the UPC. I am UPC and not WPF. I like the WPF and enjoy their meetings and may one day be apart of them, but not for now. I do not agree with many things that ae going on in the UPC and will not support these events, but that doesn't mean tht I hate anyone.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Rebel with a cause.

[QUOTE=Whole Hearted;574224][QUOTE=Michael Phelps;573894]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSQ View Post

Yes go up and look. I NEVER said anything about hating anyone much less the UPC. I am UPC and not WPF. I like the WPF and enjoy their meetings and may one day be apart of them, but not for now. I do not agree with many things that ae going on in the UPC and will not support these events, but that doesn't mean tht I hate anyone.
Duly noted, WH. Hate is probably a strong word, but it's no secret that you think UPC youth camps are too worldly, etc. - by your own admission you send your kids to other camps.

So, let's say - strong dislike for UPC practices. Hate is a strong word, and I'll concede that point.