Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
abuse, eric garner, police, rest in peace, violence

Old 01-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Saddened by NY Grand Jury Decision To NOT Indi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He shouldn't have gotten out of his car when he knew the police had stopped him.
We don't know when he knew the Police stopped him. It appears as if the cop pulled in behind him JUST before He was to make the turn he had already planned on taking and pulling into the station he was heading to. He got out of the car to go inside and saw the police.

Second the police would have asked him to step out and explain the tags.

Quote:
That's a no brainer in Texas. At least it is where I live. And he continued walking toward the entrance while the officer was speaking to him. I wouldn't have done that and my husband agreed, he wouldn't have either.
See above..Walking..Walking, not running. Walking. He has no idea why that cop is there anyways.

Its been settled. The cop was wrong

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
One of the comments associated with the article:

Exactly what I saw when viewing the video.
He saw a different video than I did. The man was standing there behind his car explaining he has dealer tags when the cop GRABBED the man's arm. He was not walking away. The Cop GRABBED the man's arm and the man jerked it away

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
His attitude seems the same on the video as well as on this transcript - belligerent.

POLICE DASH CAM TRANSCRIPT
After Pete Vasquez was placed in a police cruiser, the dashboard camera recording captured this conversation.

Sergeant: How are you doing?

Vasquez: You see how I'm doing.

Sergeant: What happened?

Vasquez: Nothing happened. I'm just driving down the business. ... He come behind me, put his **** lights on. He said you don't have a sticker, but I have a state license plate in there. It's supposed to be exempt.

Sergeant: Right.

Vasquez: So I don't know what his deal is.

Sergeant: Then what happened?

Vasquez: He came over here and got nasty with me. I'm not going to put up with that. I don't care who it is.

Sergeant: Right.

Vasquez: Then he grabbed me and threw me on the pavement there. I almost knocked my head on that **** pole. And then he started Tasing me.

Sergeant: Are you hurt?

Vasquez: Not yet.

Sergeant: Are you hurting anywhere?

Probably later on. I'm 76 years old.

Sergeant: OK. What'd you hit?

Vasquez: I hit my knees and my back and everything else. My shoulder and everywhere else.

Sergeant: Is your head hurting or anything?

Sergeant: You think it will later?

Vasquez: I don't know. I'm not a doctor. I can't say.

Sergeant: You want us to get you checked out?

Vasquez: Whatever.

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/new...for-tasing-dr/
That was AFTER he was knocked down and tazed! Id have that attitude too...are you serious?????

Old 01-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
That was AFTER he was knocked down and tazed! Id have that attitude too...are you serious?????
You'll notice in the transcript that Vasquez says, " I'm just driving down the business. ... He come behind me, put his **** lights on."

So, he knows before he gets out of his car that an Officer is wanting him to stop. He had an attitude when he got out of the car. And why would you be okay with him walking off while the Officer if speaking to him? That's pretty amazing to me.

Then he says, "I'm not going to put up with that. I don't care who it is."

Good luck with that, buddy.

I'm interested in this part of what Greg Cagle, the Texas Municipal Police Association lawyer, had to say - "There may be some issues of law we need to talk about, and tactics that I don't think were considered." I'd like to follow this story and see what else Mr. Cagle has to say.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:53 AM
Go Dodgers!

Nah...watch it again. the old man is not trying to get away. The cop walks up to his window first.

Pete gets out. They have words, Pete points to the business and takes a step in that direction. For all we know he says "Well it's my bosses car, ask him"

The Cop directs his attention to the plates or tags. Pete going back there and points out they are plates that don't need tags and ....the COP just grabs him out of the blue.

The cop should have said "Well Im going to detain you" or "Im going to arrest you" before just grabbing him. I have a hard time believing most people would not react that way especially when you did not commit a crime and the one that idiot cop is accusing him of is NOT an arrestable offense

Old 01-16-2015, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Nah...watch it again. the old man is not trying to get away. The cop walks up to his window first.

Pete gets out. They have words, Pete points to the business and takes a step in that direction. For all we know he says "Well it's my bosses car, ask him"

The Cop directs his attention to the plates or tags. Pete going back there and points out they are plates that don't need tags and ....the COP just grabs him out of the blue.

The cop should have said "Well Im going to detain you" or "Im going to arrest you" before just grabbing him. I have a hard time believing most people would not react that way especially when you did not commit a crime and the one that idiot cop is accusing him of is NOT an arrestable offense
Old 01-16-2015, 08:07 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:

You didn't hear the audio. You don't know what was said by either person.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:09 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
You'll notice in the transcript that Vasquez says, " I'm just driving down the business. ... He come behind me, put his **** lights on."

So, he knows before he gets out of his car that an Officer is wanting him to stop. He had an attitude when he got out of the car. And why would you be okay with him walking off while the Officer if speaking to him? That's pretty amazing to me.

Then he says, "I'm not going to put up with that. I don't care who it is."

Good luck with that, buddy.

I'm interested in this part of what Greg Cagle, the Texas Municipal Police Association lawyer, had to say - "There may be some issues of law we need to talk about, and tactics that I don't think were considered." I'd like to follow this story and see what else Mr. Cagle has to say.
PO, honestly, I think you should back away from this particular thread. Who cares what Mr. Cagle says. The COP WAS WRONG AND WAS FIRED end of story!!!!!!! You are too obsessed with this case, please go on to bigger and better things. We know you have an opinion.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:13 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
PO, honestly, I think you should back away from this particular thread. Who cares what Mr. Cagle says. The COP WAS WRONG AND WAS FIRED end of story!!!!!!! You are too obsessed with this case, please go on to bigger and better things. We know you have an opinion.
Bro. Eastman, Following the story, with updates, is an obsession to you? If we begin a subject, I'd like to follow it through.

I am going to follow it through, if there are any more updates.

You did read post #534 where the DA, Steve Tyler, said he received the Texas Ranger's Report and will conduct a legal inquiry with the assistance of the TX Rangers?

Quote:
Possible Penal Code violations he'll look at include unlawful restraint, injury to the elderly and misconduct. He also said he'll look at assault of a public servant and resisting arrest - two charges that would pertain to Vasquez.
The DA isn't finished with the case, so if there are any updates, I will continue to post them here. You don't have to read them. It's your choice to click on this thread to read the comments. Choices, choices.....
Old 03-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Not riding the train

Update for Eastman, Prax and David. After all of your wasted ganging up - I was right. Just sayin'....

Quote:

No indictments for ex-officer, man tased

Jurors determined there was not enough evidence to charge Nathanial Robinson with unlawful restraint, injury to an elderly individual, abuse of official capacity or official oppression.

Pete Vasquez could be prosecuted for resisting arrest, according to the documents that explained their decision. However, resisting arrest is a misdemeanor not within the scope of the grand jury's duties, so they referred that decision to Criminal District Attorney Stephen Tyler with the "strong recommendation" he not file charges against Vasquez.

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/new...cer-man-tased/
I am sure they don't want to press charges against Vasquez because racist LULAC (The League of United Latin American Citizens) became involved. I am sure they work with LaRaza as well. JMO, but I am probably right on that was well.