Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
So true... I think most OP leaders are not used to much in depth conversation on these subjects. Most are used to one line answers being sufficient as an answer to most questions.

It comes from a "'cause I said so" mentality that doesn't require real answers to real questions.

I wish that we would see more substantive answers to the questions that are posed these days and less attitude mixed in with it.

An open & honest discussion without being dealt the feeling that you are stupid, rebellious or out of order for having the audacity to ask the question would be very nice.
Wise one have at it splain away no one is stopping you. My chair is soft and I will read what you have to say. AND judge it.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:14 AM
but made himself of no reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
A manifestation could be like the wind-fire-tongues at Pentecost NONE of which are persons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve,
As I wait for Old Paths to get back, could you answer my inquiry concerning your teaching involving manifestations of God. Do you teach (or understand it to be) that God is manifesting his Spirit within multiple titles/offices at the same time, that is, concurrently?

In case you are not sure what I mean by offices, I am speaking of attributes/titles that use the words FAther, Son, or Holy Ghost.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 03-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sir the term persons is found in the AG's articles of faith. Our hatred is for their doctrine not their persons. And for your info yes the paptist according to one source was guilty of killing millions. Luther & Calvin had Oneness men killed. Wind blowing is a manifestation is it a person???????? Tongues of fire are a manifestation is it a person??? If so the Holy Ghost itself has three persons without the Father & Son may Hinn is correct.
The argument of persons is not the contention here - the argument is you have no idea why they use that term, and what it means to them

You use men like Hinn - which you know good and well is not an accepted figure by trinitarian theologans - but both trinnnies and oneness people both watch him at times- his follwing is emotional leaches who enjoy that sort of thing -

Your sources if oneness in nature in particular if it is David Bernard are probably not credible - in regards to Calvin - I concede the point - Calvin may well have been an accomplice to murder of Miguel Servutes, and for his belief in modalism - Forget not that trinitarianism dates back to very early christianity and in no way can be attributed to the RCC - so to contend trinitarians killed people is ridiculous - thats like saying all christians have affairs because Jimmy Swaggart did - or all oneness folks believe in the divine flesh doctrine because some oneness preacher does

My contention with your style of posting is - your propoganda against a doctrine you know very little about - your study of which is much less than knee deep and clearly biased -

I agree there is room for error there - but you can find much err on the oneness side as well - you rant on and on about their three gods - when they clearly state THEY DONT BELIEVE THAT!

So then who is lying Eply! You or them?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbpew View Post
Steve,
As I wait for Old Paths to get back, could you answer my inquiry concerning your teaching involving manifestations of God. Do you teach (or understand it to be) that God is manifesting his Spirit within multiple titles/offices at the same time, that is, concurrently?

In case you are not sure what I mean by offices, I am speaking of attributes/titles that use the words FAther, Son, or Holy Ghost.
At Pentecost there were multiple manifestions on the HG at one time and NEITHER was a person! These were manifestations of the HG who according to the Trinitarian concept is the 3rd person. Thus if a manifestation is a person the Holy Ghost is three persons without Father or Son.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
At Pentecost there were multiple manifestions on the HG at one time and NEITHER was a person! These were manifestations of the HG who according to the Trinitarian concept is the 3rd person. Thus if a manifestation is a person the Holy Ghost is three persons without Father or Son.
your clearly showing you know nothing about thier doctrine - in which case you have little room to criticize it
Old 03-13-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Steve,
I was directly asking concerning the offices to which we apply the words FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST involving God.

Do you teach that God is concurrently --simultaneously---continuing to operate in the manifestation as the office of the SON while ---at the same time--- continuing to operate in the office of the Holy Ghost?

Sorry if I have not been clear enough concerning the aspect I am trying to explore.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 03-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
your clearly showing you know nothing about thier doctrine - in which case you have little room to criticize it
actually "little room" is an understatement - you have no room
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
The argument of persons is not the contention here - the argument is you have no idea why they use that term, and what it means to them

You use men like Hinn - which you know good and well is not an accepted figure by trinitarian theologans - but both trinnnies and oneness people both watch him at times- his follwing is emotional leaches who enjoy that sort of thing -

Your sources if oneness in nature in particular if it is David Bernard are probably not credible - in regards to Calvin - I concede the point - Calvin may well have been an accomplice to murder of Miguel Servutes, and for his belief in modalism - Forget not that trinitarianism dates back to very early christianity and in no way can be attributed to the RCC - so to contend trinitarians killed people is ridiculous - thats like saying all christians have affairs because Jimmy Swaggart did - or all oneness folks believe in the divine flesh doctrine because some oneness preacher does

My contention with your style of posting is - your propoganda against a doctrine you know very little about - your study of which is much less than knee deep and clearly biased -

I agree there is room for error there - but you can find much err on the oneness side as well - you rant on and on about their three gods - when they clearly state THEY DONT BELIEVE THAT!

So then who is lying Eply! You or them?
Sir the RCC killed heretics for denying the Trinity throughout their history it is you who is confused. And as short as I am 'kneedeep" is enough to drown your false doctrine. I am clearly biased for truth and against the paptist doctrine of the Trinity.

A question for you which will be simple since you are so wise.
If a man has 3 sheep all are sheep because they possess sheep nature is the man a ONE sheep man or 3 sheep man???????
Since ONE to you when applied to God can mean 3 distinct beings would your wife accept that concept in your marriage. Where you have 3 separate and distinct women but one wife???????????????

If you have 3 separate distinct persons which are equal in power-knowledge-existance then sir you have 3 GODS whether you acknowledge it or not.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbpew View Post
Steve,
I was directly asking concerning the offices to which we apply the words FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST involving God.

Do you teach that God is concurrently --simultaneously---continuing to operate in the manifestation as the office of the SON while ---at the same time--- continuing to operate in the office of the Holy Ghost?

Sorry if I have not been clear enough concerning the aspect I am trying to explore.
Jesus is the lamb-altar-door-high priest-God at the same time. He is Father-Son-Holy Ghost. He is the judge-advocate-ransom. BUT NEVER 3 separate and distinct persons.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Jesus is the lamb-altar-door-high priest-God at the same time. He is Father-Son-Holy Ghost. He is the judge-advocate-ransom. BUT NEVER 3 separate and distinct persons.
I was plain in my words, and you have replied with something I can not read as an answer. I am sorry for my lack of ability to either frame the question or receive your reply.

I will take from your reply [quoted above] that you DO TEACH that God is CONCURRENTLY:

Manifesting himself as the SON
while
Manifesting himself as the FATHER
while
Manifesting himself as the HOLY GHOST.

If I am incorrect that this is what you would teach, sorry, its the best I could do with your replies.