Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: United Pentecostal or Divided Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERUP View Post
Jtullock,
I've got to agree with you on this. If you read some of my earlier post you will know
more about me, and where I come from.
Could they be any more vanilla than this one?

Quote:
Even while I was in the UPC(Held licences for 17 years) Not one time did I ever stand
in a pulpit at my home church or away and tell people unless you are baptized in
Jesus name you are going to hell.
So...this means that Jesus name baptism didn't really mean anything to you?
Could it be you saw two different formulas (which aren't two different formulas at all), and figured that it was a hit or miss, and felt that God would sort it all out in the end?

Quote:
Just couldn't do it.
And pretty pleased about it, I might add.

Quote:
Was I baptized in Jesus Name? Yes.
That was before you knew better...right?

How about no baptisms? How about if someone just says a sinner's prayer?

Quote:
That is how I was baptized and raised.
Oh, I see, you were raised in it, and therefore you couldn't see all the hub bub about what you were raised in? All the fuss about all those pages in that big black book?

Baptism in titles, baptism in Jesus name, sinner prayers, baby baptisms, and the real kicker, no one, but no one, like Mrs Foofoonick could possibly go to hell, because see was such a sweet and kind old lady.

She use to mow everyone's lawns, and bake cookies for serial killers in the state lockdown.

She wasn't Pennycost, she was, Episcopalian. Now could God, thrown someone that nice and cute in a burning hell? In a burning hell of torment, just because she didn't get baptized in Jesus name?

You would say no?

Quote:
I will never condemm anyone for the way they see salvation.
So that means what? Does that mean you have come up with a whish washy touchy feely I'm ok your ok Gospel? So, you didn't like it where Jesus said the way was narrow and the entrance was tight that led into eternal life, and few there would be who would enter in? So, we dab a little good old post modern political correctism to Jesus, so everyone can "feel" content, and happy that Jesus loves them just they way they are. No repentence, no change. We just stay the way we are? No condemnation in Christ Jesus, is ONLY for those who walk NOT after the flesh, but after the Spirit. His Spiirt, His will, not our own.

Quote:
The way I see it...............I don't care how you see salvation. Just let me see some
fruit.

Trust me. If you are truly saved...................you will bear fruit!!!
That makes no sense. You just made a stipulation which would constitute some sort plan of salvation. Are you saying there is a niceness soteriology in the Bible? You mean everyone who doesn't follow Jesus isn't kind and benevolent? There are some sweet people who are Muslims, Rastafarians, Buddhists, Hindus, and Atheists. Kind, sweet, charitable, selfless, and have been great enduring friends. Yet, do not accept a Jesus, a Jesus as only Lord and savior. People tend to lean towards other religions because the American form of Churchanity has become so watered down that it goes right through them. All you have to do to be a Chirstian is to be NICE, and always smile, and never have an off day. Oooo kay.

Quote:
No fruit on the tree.
Not only no fruit, but no tree. It sounds more like canned perserves.

Quote:
Don't attempt to tell me how to be saved.
I guess here we have some fruit?

Quote:
I think we all know
what the fruit is.
See quote above?

Quote:
Have a good rest of the day..........
No doubt.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
I would love to see a day when the 3 steppers would fellowship others. I wonder if some don't not because of the they are lost deal but because they are worried saints might leave...??? I know some UPC churches don't fellowship with other for the same reason so it would stand to reason that it would happen outside the UPCI too.
That seems to me to be a reasonable conclusion. I have often asked the same thing.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

So...this means that Jesus name baptism didn't really mean anything to you?
Could it be you saw two different formulas (which aren't two different formulas at all), and figured that it was a hit or miss, and felt that God would sort it all out in the end?
Don't you think that someone can see the "importance" in Jesus' name baptism without making it a "heaven or hell" issue? Water baptism does confer a grace upon us (to use the old way of putting it). This grace or "empowerment" is a vital part of the Christian walk. But, the "remission of sins" flows from Calvary and our faith in what Jesus accomplished there and in the Garden tomb.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Can't say that in my time away from AFF that I have missed Evang. Benincasa...geesh same goofiness all the time from this guy.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Don't you think that someone can see the "importance" in Jesus' name baptism without making it a "heaven or hell" issue? Water baptism does confer a grace upon us (to use the old way of putting it). This grace or "empowerment" is a vital part of the Christian walk. But, the "remission of sins" flows from Calvary and our faith in what Jesus accomplished there and in the Garden tomb.
This is a wise statement. I see the importance in baptism but no heaven or hell issue with in it or with out it. I see it as a public act of what is happening on the inside of a persons heart.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Can't say that in my time away from AFF that I have missed Evang. Benincasa...geesh same goofiness all the time from this guy.
Goofiness? Seriously? I don't agree with some of what he says, but at least he knows what he believes, and he isn't shy about it. Where do you draw the line in the sand? Or maybe you don't have a line?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Tired of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
Goofiness? Seriously? I don't agree with some of what he says, but at least he knows what he believes, and he isn't shy about it. Where do you draw the line in the sand? Or maybe you don't have a line?
Here we go... The "stand for something or fall for anything" chorus. Get ready.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds... - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
I draw the line at being goofy. I agree he know what he believes and so do I. There is a way to believe what you do and not come on here being goofy and attaching others or at least seemingly attaching others.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFritz View Post
Here we go... The "stand for something or fall for anything" chorus. Get ready.
That is the truth.....here we go into the same ole song and dance
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
I draw the line at being goofy. I agree he know what he believes and so do I. There is a way to believe what you do and not come on here being goofy and attaching others or at least seemingly attaching others.
What is "goofy" about what he said?