Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 12-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Not riding the train

Re: PRAY for PO's Daughter and Grandson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
That is a fantastic picture!! LOVE it!! It just ooozes personality!!

By the way, has she checked to make sure that the straps aren't too tight in that car seat? Babies grow so fast at this age that sometimes it feels like you are loosening them up once a week! And it's especially important with little pudge-pots to make sure that no parts are being squeezed or pinched

I did ask her about this, but I'm going to ask her again. There is no way that fat boy is not getting pinched somewhere!

Remember when they brought him home and had to strap him to that wedge when he went to sleep? Well, when he got a bit older and more alert, he pitched a wall-eyed-fit until they removed him from that. He hated being strapped to that thing. The car seat seems to be the same thing, I'm thinking.

Every time her number comes up on ID Caller, I'm thinking, "Please don't let him be crying in the background!" LOL!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
What an absolute cutie-pie!!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
He doesn't look happy about moving.
Neither was I!!! Actually, they are so happy and her husband loves his job and the people he is working with. They love their church, so it's all good.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

Remember when they brought him home and had to strap him to that wedge when he went to sleep? Well, when he got a bit older and more alert, he pitched a wall-eyed-fit until they removed him from that. He hated being strapped to that thing. The car seat seems to be the same thing, I'm thinking.
Maybe he's claustrophobic.

My grandfather was extremely so, and he could not STAND to see a child in a playpen. He'd go get them right out.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Maybe he's claustrophobic.

My grandfather was extremely so, and he could not STAND to see a child in a playpen. He'd go get them right out.
That's a thought! My son and I are sooooo claustrophobic. I am so claustrophobic that I can't buy a pair of shoes with straps. If I get in a vehicle, I can't sit in the middle. I have to be able to get my feet out from under the covers, so I only tuck the flat sheet in at the middle and not all the way along the foot of the bed.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:07 AM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
LOL! I thought so! Okay here is the last picture before they moved.

Yes, we seem to! I am enjoying it, although, he doesn't pay that much attention to me when I'm around. LOL! I'm sure he will as he gets older.
Yeah, he will definitely pay more attention to you when he's older. Ya know, I was thinkin' - maybe the little fella is just so intelligent and inquisitive and wants to move & explore & learn, that he can't be content with just sitting there... he has to keep absorbing information. That's how my son was! He began walking at 7.5 months & was the most inquisitive baby/child/teen! He seemed restless unless he was learning something new, or unless he was busy & keeping his mind occupied. He got himself into trouble every single time he got "bored." And the bigger he got, the bigger the trouble he'd find. LOL So I guess I'm saying, keep him busy...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PO
Glad you popped in, Subby! My nephew, BIL's son, is on his way to Afghanistan. Second time there. Keep Michael in your prayers! And we will be praying for your son as well! God bless our men and women in uniform!
Oh... *sigh* I will be praying for your nephew, PO. For sure! My son is scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan in June 2011. Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate it very much!!
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdued View Post
Yeah, he will definitely pay more attention to you when he's older. Ya know, I was thinkin' - maybe the little fella is just so intelligent and inquisitive and wants to move & explore & learn, that he can't be content with just sitting there... he has to keep absorbing information. That's how my son was! He began walking at 7.5 months & was the most inquisitive baby/child/teen! He seemed restless unless he was learning something new, or unless he was busy & keeping his mind occupied. He got himself into trouble every single time he got "bored." And the bigger he got, the bigger the trouble he'd find. LOL So I guess I'm saying, keep him busy...?
That is exactly what the doctor told her, so you are probably right. Boy, he's going to be a handful! LOL!

Quote:
Oh... *sigh* I will be praying for your nephew, PO. For sure! My son is scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan in June 2011. Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate it very much!!
Thanks, Subby! June will be here before you know it, but we will continue to pray for him! God bless our troops!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Told you he had her trained! LOL!

He's adorable!

He's wrapped up like he lives in Michigan! Is it really that cold there?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
He's adorable!

He's wrapped up like he lives in Michigan! Is it really that cold there?
Honey, when it gets in the 50's in South Texas, we are freezing! Not one of us could survive Michigan for even a week!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Honey, when it gets in the 50's in South Texas, we are freezing! Not one of us could survive Michigan for even a week!
LOL - - too funny! It just hit me as strange knowing it's not that cold there.

He's probably HOT!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
LOL - - too funny! It just hit me as strange knowing it's not that cold there.

He's probably HOT!
LOL! It is cold and windy here. She and I, generally, have about a 10 degree difference in our temperatures. So, it's a little colder where she is. But, I did ask her if she is bundling him up too much. She said she checks his body temperature and he is fine.