Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
And sometimes it seems just right for women to preach. Hear ye Hear ye this woman has a Word for you.
Woman or not you are correct.
I’ve never seen women so blatantly flaunt the fact that they are now doing all the things done by the Charasmatics, yet continuing to label themselves Apostolic..
Apostolic’s have always taught separation from the world, and a holiness standard of dress….. Now Modern day liberated women have decided things of old are just not for them. So they are using the words like “Trapped,” “In bondage“, and “legalism“. And as one said that “A woman’s hair is her glory, It doesn’t have to be long hair.” When in fact the Bible says a woman’s LONG hair is her GLORY.
I am not a preacher, but I am certainly not attempting to change the word in order to please myself either
Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Coffee Ms. View Post
I’ve never seen women so blatantly flaunt the fact that they are now doing all the things done by the Charasmatics, yet continuing to label themselves Apostolic..
Apostolic’s have always taught separation from the world, and a holiness standard of dress….. Now Modern day liberated women have decided things of old are just not for them. So they are using the words like “Trapped,” “In bondage“, and “legalism“. And as one said that “A woman’s hair is her glory, It doesn’t have to be long hair.” When in fact the Bible says a woman’s LONG hair is her GLORY.
I am not a preacher, but I am certainly not attempting to change the word in order to please myself either
Are you addressing these "facts" to women only?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
HCM ... post like these will get you banned from the fan club.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Jellybean!

Quote:
And the natural course of action would now be to ask you to tell us just exactly what is 'long'.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:36 PM
CupCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I've never complained about women who let theirs grow uncut either. Whether it's out of what they feel is obedience to scripture or compliance with mandated requirement by pastor or church or organization or heartfelt conviction.

I have never ever nor would I ever encourage a woman to cut her hair either.
The same here, I've never told anyone to cut, or not cut their hair. EVER!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

I am 47 years old, and have never touched scissors to my hair. Does that make me 'Super Christian"? Not by a loong shot. I keep my hair uncut out of respect for my dadd and his ministry, and for the pastor's that I sat under, and out of obedience to my husband.

I do not think it gives me more power than anyone else, and neither do I look on in awe at a lady with loooong tresses dragging the floor, or getting caught in her legs as she walks. Most long-haired women that I know wear it wadded up in a knot on her neck-MOST unbecoming, I might add.

When I see that mass of hair, I do NOT think,"OH, what GLORY." I think, "My oh, my- what a burden for her. Poor thing".

Let's face it- long hair is cumbersome and a burden. It's a pain to wash, a pain to curl, and a pain to fix...it has caused me to shed many tears over the years.

I don't know of many Apostolic women that comb the knots out of their hair,and praise God the whole time they are combing...LOL
Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
My Family!

Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post

Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory!!!

OMG!!!! Thank God He never allowed my hair to grow to THAT length!!! LOL
Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyHis View Post
I am 47 years old, and have never touched scissors to my hair. Does that make me 'Super Christian"? Not by a loong shot. I keep my hair uncut out of respect for my dadd and his ministry, and for the pastor's that I sat under, and out of obedience to my husband.

I do not think it gives me more power than anyone else, and neither do I look on in awe at a lady with loooong tresses dragging the floor, or getting caught in her legs as she walks. Most long-haired women that I know wear it wadded up in a knot on her neck-MOST unbecoming, I might add.

When I see that mass of hair, I do NOT think,"OH, what GLORY." I think, "My oh, my- what a burden for her. Poor thing".

Let's face it- long hair is cumbersome and a burden. It's a pain to wash, a pain to curl, and a pain to fix...it has caused me to shed many tears over the years.

I don't know of many Apostolic women that comb the knots out of their hair,and praise God the whole time they are combing...LOL
Apostolic or not there are many women that have long (even uncut) hair by choice and not because they are told to or go to a church that teaches the same.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
*sigh*

While I don't believe that having uncut hair is our ticket to all-power-with-God, I do hesitate to deny someone else's experience.

What I believe is that obedience and submission to God results in power and favor with God, and of course men can do that as well as women. Unfortunately when the power of God shows up, some women assume (because of what they've been taught) that the power is there because of their long hair (which could be in indirect source, depending on what you believe, and your submission to God accordingly).

The point being: Whether the woman is wrong about a point of doctrine or not does not mean that she is wrong about the power of God being in the room. She could be misdiagnosing the reason.

I've seen God show up and heal folks and fill people with the Holy Ghost and do all sorts of wonderful things in churches where the doctrine was WAY off. *shrug* Ask Him why.

I feel very uncomfortable analyzing, critiquing, questioning or denying someone else's experience with the power of God. I'd much rather discuss this topic from a more generic point of view. There are a lot of faithful, godly, powerful, anointed women who wear their hair long simply because they believe its the right thing to do in obedience to God, and I do believe that submission and that consecration does translate into favor and blessing from God in many cases. I just don't think it has to do with hair in particular so much as a consecrated life in general, and men are just as capable as women of devoting their lives in such a manner.

I don't think we can say that because we believe the doctrine may be erroneous that the experience must be false, and her account is scary or creepy...I think that is a huge overreaction. To me, that would be like discounting every powerful experience held by any trinitarian as false, simply because their doctrine is erroneous. I believe many people, right or wrong, have had powerful, meaningful, even miraculous experiences with God, that defy reason, and defy the boundaries we place on what is possible. How the person perceives and interprets that experience is impossible to predict.
I'm sure Uzzah's heart was in the right place when he touched the cart on which the Ark of the Covenant was being transported to Jerusalem. Yet God still struck him dead! So, are you sure you want to go with that kind of "if the heart is right the action/belief is right" attitude?
Closed Thread