Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned

Re: *EXPLOSIVE* TF Tenney Preached 4 Phillips Sund

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
If it is so black and white then why do we have almost no history of an Acts 2:38 plan of salvation since the first century and why does only about .05% of Christianity agree with this viewpoint?
Well let me rephrase that. It is that clear to me. I was raised UPC and it was crammed down my throat. But one day while studying the Bible using a chronoligical guide it hit me. Now I still have questions about the mandatory issue of tongues. Acts 2:38 says the Holy Ghost is a gift. I have seen way too many people go to a UPC alter and leave without speaking in tongues never to return. I have seen them pray fo hours and days. To me this makes no sense.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Saved & Shaved

I needed a good laugh. Great thread.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak1972 View Post
Well let me rephrase that. It is that clear to me. I was raised UPC and it was crammed down my throat. But one day while studying the Bible using a chronoligical guide it hit me. Now I still have questions about the mandatory issue of tongues. Acts 2:38 says the Holy Ghost is a gift. I have seen way too many people go to a UPC alter and leave without speaking in tongues never to return. I have seen them pray fo hours and days. To me this makes no sense.
Right, if something is a gift why in the world should we struggle and struggle to speak in tongues. This was also crammed down my throat for years and I suffered much because I never thought I was good enough for God's blessing. Trust me, this brought about a lot of anger because I would see these folks who didn't follow the rules and weren't good christians shouting and dancing and speaking in tongues and considered "spiritual" while I wasn't even saved because I couldn't speak in tongues.

Yep, a lot of twisted stuff went on in my church growing up.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Right, if something is a gift why in the world should we struggle and struggle to speak in tongues. This was also crammed down my throat for years and I suffered much because I never thought I was good enough for God's blessing. Trust me, this brought about a lot of anger because I would see these folks who didn't follow the rules and weren't good christians shouting and dancing and speaking in tongues and considered "spiritual" while I wasn't even saved because I couldn't speak in tongues.

Do you speak in tongues now?

I will paraphrase what Jesus said. "If your belief in me has a scriptural basis, out of your innermost being shall flow rivers of life."
For me, this did not come when I accepted the Lord as my personal savior.
This came with the tongues.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If it is so black and white then why do we have almost no history of an Acts 2:38 plan of salvation since the first century and why does only about .05% of Christianity agree with this viewpoint?
deltaguitar....

how did the Apostles baptize?

BTW, did you make up that .5% statistic?
I find it hard to believe that 24 millions plus Oneness Pentecostals accounts for only .5%
Old 11-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

what or who caused your church to have trouble?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Follower of Jesus

By the way it is a good message, amazing people get caught up in the why, should and ifs he should have preached there. Lose sight that it was amazing word that is needed today.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post
deltaguitar....

how did the Apostles baptize?

BTW, did you make up that .5% statistic?
I find it hard to believe that 24 millions plus Oneness Pentecostals accounts for only .5%
Is there really 24 million Oneness Pentecostals that believe only in salvation through Baptism and speaking in tongues?

I don't know the population of Christianity but even if you can find 24 million Oneness Pentecostals that only represents .004% of the world population.

OK, I just did a google search and there are an estimated 2.1 billion Christians in the world. So, Oneness Pentecostalism accounts for about .011428% of the Christian population.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Do you speak in tongues now?

I will paraphrase what Jesus said. "If your belief in me has a scriptural basis, out of your innermost being shall flow rivers of life."
For me, this did not come when I accepted the Lord as my personal savior.
This came with the tongues.
I don't know if I speak in tongues. I wouldn't go to a church where people didn't believe in the operation of the spiritual gifts. However, I can't honestly say that I have ever spoke in tongues where there was a definite language coming from me. At times I have felt my tongue become loose or possible speaking a few words in tongues but I don't speak in tongues. I have however felt the power of God and I would say that I have experienced the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't know if I speak in tongues. I wouldn't go to a church where people didn't believe in the operation of the spiritual gifts. However, I can't honestly say that I have ever spoke in tongues where there was a definite language coming from me. At times I have felt my tongue become loose or possible speaking a few words in tongues but I don't speak in tongues. I have however felt the power of God and I would say that I have experienced the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
This explains a lot.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15