Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: Wedding Bells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
That, like lots of other stuff discussed here on this forum, is really none of our business.
I disagree. As a leader, CM has had a great deal of influence on the UPC fellowship. He has even had some influence over me and my early ministry. Whether he pulled out of the conference or was "sat down" is germane.

Just what it was that he did in this "marriage fiasco" is also germane so long as he continues to minister. We all can go a little crazy sometimes and do foolish things - even things like getting hitched on a whim. But don't think that this is not a scandal of considerable proportions. And again, as long as CM continues to minister from a pulpit, his behavior is fair game for discussion on this and any other forum.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: Wedding Bells?[B]In my opinion, they have both

I totally agree...

There are many people shocked by CM's choice of a spouse who appears to be opposite of the UPCI's long time standards. He is/was also in a very high position in the MO district and very well known through out the world. No doubt in my mind they both had a fairly good idea going into this of what the general response would be. However, they did make a CHOICE and from all indication did take VOWS.

There are numerous scriptures on the importance of keeping vows.

They have both made a CHOICE and are now reaping the consequences.

It's very concerning that these two are in leadership positions, regardless of what organization/faith, providing guidance to others on how to live their lives. It's going to take much to repair all of the damage and to regain respect...not sure that's even possible at this point. They can both look in the mirror and thank themselves for all of this.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Administrator

pelanthasaurus and 1accordian have it right. You can't be a high profile minister and not expect to have to give an accounting of what happened in a situation like this if you expect to continue to minister. I won't repeat what was posted in those guys posts right above mine here but they were right on the money. No one is being mean or trying to destroy anybody.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Two separate issues have developed I think.

The first being choosing a mate that is not standard fare for UPC. That should not prevent his ministry IMO.

The second, a failed marriage (it now appears) in a couple weeks with shared responsibility by both is more problematic.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I disagree. As a leader, CM has had a great deal of influence on the UPC fellowship. He has even had some influence over me and my early ministry. Whether he pulled out of the conference or was "sat down" is germane.

Just what it was that he did in this "marriage fiasco" is also germane so long as he continues to minister. We all can go a little crazy sometimes and do foolish things - even things like getting hitched on a whim. But don't think that this is not a scandal of considerable proportions. And again, as long as CM continues to minister from a pulpit, his behavior is fair game for discussion on this and any other forum.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I think this Tenngalpal has some major psychological problems and needs help or spirits cast out of her. She sat and ate his food and then talked about him like a dog. She is definitely in need of some mental help!
And you sir, are in need of some humility. good grief
Old 08-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Urban Pastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc View Post
And you sir, are in need of some humility. good grief
What amazes me is anyone can get on here and create a name and secret identity and tell crazy stories of what they think they saw and heard. She tells of eating his food at his table and being on his bus and enjoying his hospitality and then turning on him and talking about him like a dog. She calls names and tells tales but who is she? Why don't she say what her name and her issue is?
What skeletons does she have in her closet? Let's hear about her perfect marriage and family! I have friends that are affiliated with that church and are in Kennett so - lets hear who she is so we can find some stories about her and put them on here!
I am calling her out to say who she is so we can know all about her private life. Let her put her pic on here and identify herself and lets see how great and Godly she is!
Is it right that she can come on here - create a screen name and disrespect Brother Mcgruder and then just leave? I would like to know who she is so we can find out all about her and her past and post it on the internet for the world to see! It will all come back to her!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantabishop

what amazes me is anyone can get on here and create a name and secret identity and tell crazy stories of what they think they saw and heard. She tells of eating his food at his table and being on his bus and enjoying his hospitality and then turning on him and talking about him like a dog. She calls names and tells tales but who is she? Why don't she say what her name and her issue is?
What skeletons does she have in her closet? Let's hear about her perfect marriage and family! I have friends that are affiliated with that church and are in kennett so - lets hear who she is so we can find some stories about her and put them on here!
I am calling her out to say who she is so we can know all about her private life. Let her put her pic on here and identify herself and lets see how great and godly she is!
Is it right that she can come on here - create a screen name and disrespect brother mcgruder and then just leave? I would like to know who she is so we can find out all about her and her past and post it on the internet for the world to see! It will all come back to her!
x 1,000,000,000
Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
What amazes me is anyone can get on here and create a name and secret identity and tell crazy stories of what they think they saw and heard. She tells of eating his food at his table and being on his bus and enjoying his hospitality and then turning on him and talking about him like a dog. She calls names and tells tales but who is she? Why don't she say what her name and her issue is?
What skeletons does she have in her closet? Let's hear about her perfect marriage and family! I have friends that are affiliated with that church and are in Kennett so - lets hear who she is so we can find some stories about her and put them on here!
I am calling her out to say who she is so we can know all about her private life. Let her put her pic on here and identify herself and lets see how great and Godly she is!
Is it right that she can come on here - create a screen name and disrespect Brother Mcgruder and then just leave? I would like to know who she is so we can find out all about her and her past and post it on the internet for the world to see! It will all come back to her!

Why are you attacking her? By your user name I take it you are a pastor, unbelievable that you would speak to someone that way. Believe it or not, while we all know ministers are human they are held to higher standard. So happy I had a better representatiion of a pastor growing up then what you have shown on here.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdXcharm

Why are you attacking her? By your user name I take it you are a pastor, unbelievable that you would speak to someone that way. Believe it or not, while we all know ministers are human they are held to higher standard. So happy I had a better representatiion of a pastor growing up then what you have shown on here.
Love how you believe it's okay to gossip about, and judge, pastors, but whine when anyone questions the motives of internet cowards.

Are you a Christian?