Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Please post the link where you found that on his site
Here's the link on SALVATION.

The full article reads as follows:
Quote:
Dear Friend,

A great question faces you as you read this. It is not Have you joined a church? or Do you have religion? or Are you doing your very best? The great question is Have you been born again?

You may ask yourself What makes this question so important? The answer is simply this: Jesus said, "Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

If you are to be truly saved, you must trust the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him into your heart as Savior and Lord. This is what it means to be born again. The very moment you put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, He comes into your heart in the Person [do we want to say presence instead?] of the Holy Spirit, and eternal life begins.

Do not be misled into believing that the gift of the Holy Ghost was only for the apostles. God intended that all who believe in the Lord Jesus should receive that precious Gift. Hence, Peter said, "The promise is unto you and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call" (Acts 2:39).

There are many people trusting in good works. They often say, "I treat everybody right." Friend, salvation does not come through works; it comes only through the matchless grace of God. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any many should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

There are still others who say that water baptism is not necessary. Yet, on the day of Pentecost, those who were convicted by the preaching of Peter asked, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" Peter answered, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38).

The sacred Scriptures attest to the essential need of water baptism, and we must believe the Scriptures because it is through them that the way of salvation is made known.

My friend, you may belong to a church, or be a church officer. You may be religious, or you may be active in church work and going the best you can. You may be striving to live right and attain a high moral standard. Yet, if you have not been born of the water and of the Spirit, you cannot enter into the kingdom of God (John 3:5).

Jesus Christ came to seek and to save. So it is in the Spirit of Christ that we extend to an invitation to visit the Apostolic Church of God in our Sunday morning worship services or our Wednesday evening Bible class. It is our fervent wish to assist you in whatever way we can.
I have contacted his church asking for clarification. I will try again if I do not get a response soon.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Go Dodgers!

There are still others who say that water baptism is not necessary. Yet, on the day of Pentecost, those who were convicted by the preaching of Peter asked, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" Peter answered, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38).

The sacred Scriptures attest to the essential need of water baptism, and we must believe the Scriptures because it is through them that the way of salvation is made known.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Go Dodgers!

That website is messed up lol. Thanks for the link...I still can't find it off of the regular menu though. Weird

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

Directly under the church name on the home page are three links:

New Members Video
Weekly Services
Do you believe?

Click "Do you believe?"
Old 11-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adino View Post
Directly under the church name on the home page are three links:

New Members Video
Weekly Services
Do you believe?

Click "Do you believe?"
Ah...got it. Thanks

Old 11-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adino View Post

What's this about Ellis "saying that a person can have the gift of tongues but not have the Holy Ghost"???

I'm tempted to write him about this one....
I remember maybe in 2000 or 2001 visiting his church website, looking to download some apostolic sermons. I don't remember the name of the sermon or even the topic any more, but I very clearly remember hearing him saying that.

I know, it was one of those "I cant believe my ears" moments. When I heard him say that I was not only disturbed but just plain baffled. Now, reflecting on it, its a bit sad to me that a supposedly "Apostolic" pastor could be so way off like that.

In a way, I'm hoping he simply misspoke, but honestly, I don't think he did at all. He meant what he said, although I cant figure what biblical grounds he would have for such a statement.

Andino, if you do contact him to get clarification on that, I'd love to hear what he says.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:22 PM
totalpraise

Re: PAW Is Crumbling!!!Bishop Noel Jones is leavin

Perhaps he based this on a creative interpretation of I Cor 13??
Old 05-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Saved by Grace

Re: Sad and divisional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I was raised in Trinitarian Pentecost and was saved and filled with the Holy Ghost at the age of 5. I started preaching at 16 and held my first license to preach at age 16. I was educated in "Trinitarian" Bible Colleges. I have never heard a "Three God" message in my life.
It is by the grace and mercy of God that I received the Revelation of Jesus Christ and know Him as the Mighty God. I am thankful that I was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and I identify with HIM as my Messiah, Lord and God. It is a shame that we want to resort to name calling and bashing to lift up out theological position.
IMHO - Most in the Oneness movement - have been TAUGHT Oneness Theology and Wesleyan Holiness Ideology and have NEVER had a true Revelation of Jesus Christ. They know Him with head knowledge but not in a true Revelation of who He is!
i can tell you from experience this is not true about oneness in my life, but partially true concering some "holiness"issues, however the holy host has helped me to see those "standards" in there rightful place (non-salvational issues)
Old 05-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Saved by Grace

Re: PAW Is Crumbling!!!Bishop Noel Jones is leavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
I can't say much about his standards as I didn't get much opportunity to see them. I do know, however, that I have recordings where the man preaches the New Birth doctrine so hard that it would erase ANY question of what he believed.
amen, first generation myself, born again since jan 23,2000
Old 08-08-2008, 10:23 PM
onegod1

Cool Re: PAW Is Crumbling!!!Bishop Noel Jones is leavin

I have a special place in my heart for the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World. Bishop G.T. Haywood is one of my "Heroes of the Faith". Many times, I've sang at PAW churches, for Revivals and Conferences. I have many PAW records (dating myself here) and CD's. One interesting CD is entitled "A Tribute to the Bishops" (a tribute to all the men that have ever been Presiding Bishops of the PAW), that featured recordings by a PAW General Convocation Choir under the direction of Elder Abney, pastor of Bethel Pentecostal Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The first PAW I ever attended was Bethlehem Temple, pastored by Elder B.T. Scott, in Flint, Michigan, where I heard (then) Presiding Bishop Morris E. Golder, of PAW fame, preach.

Currently, I live just a couple miles from Greater Grace Temple in Detroit, where Assistant Presiding Bishop of the PAW, Elder Ellis, is the pastor.

As a kid, one of our "three musketeers" was a PAW Evangelist's kid. He and I (and our families) still make the "church rounds" today!

At their Holy Convocation coming up later this month (August), the Chief Presiding Biship is going to present his "Apostolic Manifesto" to all the Bishops and Elders. It is a clarion call for the PAW to get back to its Apostolic roots, holiness, and being a "relevant" Oneness Pentecostal body in today's world.